Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Trento in OPs?

6 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
5,123 posts
15,315 battles

Just wondering how others rated Trento in operations? I have tried the ship in different OPs and found it is not the best choice from the candidates I have in my fleet. It can work, but I usually feel a different cruiser would have been better choice. DeGrasse, Molotov, Dallas and Pensacola are easier to do well in. Seems too prone to taking massive damage (worse than the Pepsi)  and the guns seem to be nothing special. Speed gets you into trouble faster but seems no help in getting you out of it.

[RKLES]
Members
12,478 posts
14,198 battles

Trento is actually not a bad idea for Operations as the SAP shells absolutely destroy DDs and lightly armored cruisers.

[CVA16]
Members
5,123 posts
15,315 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Trento is actually not a bad idea for Operations as the SAP shells absolutely destroy DDs and lightly armored cruisers.

I'll agree it has some redeeming qualities. For me the guns fire a bit too slow. Sometimes I would really like the HE option. They don't have the range or velocity (or island hopping rainbow arcs) others do. And it seems to take big damage way more often. At least for me.

[X-PN]
[X-PN]
Members
9,140 posts
10,719 battles

For Trento, it depends entirely on the operation in question. She's very, very good in Aegis, and good enough for Raptor Rescue. However, she suffers greatly trying to do Killer Whale(Workable, just not good, in my opinion), and is absolutely horrid, like anything, really, doing Newport.

EDIT: To be clear, her RoF is what holds her back, her health, smoke, etc, work quite well.

Edited by TheGamesWorstPlayer

[BUNNY]
Members
69 posts
5,360 battles

I had some decent runs in Killer whale with her, do note that SAP does NOT deal damage to the forts, you must use AP.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
758 posts
6,466 battles
On Thursday, December 26, 2019 at 5:47 AM, Ravtec235 said:

I had some decent runs in Killer whale with her, do note that SAP does NOT deal damage to the forts, you must use AP.

That affects Zara and Gorizia as well in Narai.

I put in a ticket for it and WG says it's not a bug. I find that difficult to believe given that 5" AP from destroyers can damage forts, but not 8" SAP shells, which are larger and have better penetration.

Sign in to follow this