You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Clans & Why you should be in One

57 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
588 posts
14,311 battles

I discuss the many reasons to be in a clan regardless of how competitive you are. The bonuses are too good to pass up. Any solid clan, PvP OR PvE will make your gaming experience far more rewarding in World of Warships.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

Members
3,259 posts
11,702 battles
4 minutes ago, Karandar said:

I discuss the many reasons to be in a clan regardless of how competitive you are. The bonuses are too good to pass up. Any solid clan, PvP OR PvE will make your gaming experience far more rewarding in World of Warships.

In my 2-3 years playing, Ive never joined a clan; and have little interest in it.

But I 100% agree with what you said in your video.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles
3 minutes ago, Karandar said:

This in Spades!

There are dozens and dozens of casual clans, including some co-op clans. So you do not have to be a serious player to be in a clan.

PvE is roughly 2/3 co-op mains with 1/3 PvP mains. Not everyone is co-op only or PvP only we mostly do both.

The Wolf clans pride themselves on just playing how you like whether or not you even talk to your clan mates. There are other similar clans.

Pretty much ANY player can find a clan that fits them if they want to.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
783 posts
11,807 battles
Just now, Rollingonit said:

In my 2-3 years playing, Ive never joined a clan; and have little interest in it.

Pick one of the WOLF clans. All the benefits of being in a clan without any of the obligations.

• Cool 5

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,080 posts
17,133 battles

Clans are for losers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Clans are for losers.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Says the cat that has been in multiple clans. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
23,080 posts
17,133 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Says the cat that has been in multiple clans. :Smile_teethhappy:

Well, I do lose a lot.

How's PVE doing these days?

• Cool 1

Members
2,621 posts
4,222 battles

Nah.  While I understand the benefits I don't think I have enough to offer any potential clans,  coupled with me not exactly playing a ton anymore.  It'd be a one way relationship with me benefiting more than the clan I joined and I am not really okay with that.

[DBRIS]
Members
498 posts
9,501 battles
25 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Nah.  While I understand the benefits I don't think I have enough to offer any potential clans,  coupled with me not exactly playing a ton anymore.  It'd be a one way relationship with me benefiting more than the clan I joined and I am not really okay with that.

Not a problem! Pretty much describes everyone here. We are all over the map timezone wise so barely have enough on at any one time to get a decent chat.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
673 posts

I just wish I had known about WOLF clans when I started.  I avoided clans because I like being able to play solo, when and where I want.  The benefits of WOLF clans are great, with no commitments.  And it's always nice to have somebody to talk to occasionally.  

• Cool 2

[SKDSH]
Members
511 posts
9,003 battles

Our clan getting together was really about the time I got really "into the game." For me, its a lot more fun to play in divs and get some teamwork going on vs being solo in random games with teammates who will usually let you down. The comradery and since of "belonging to a group," really has enhanced the gaming experience for me. In addition to that, it has and still continues to improve my stats. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,134 posts
14,101 battles

O_O is also a clan that is just for the benefits.  No player requirements or expectations.  That is exactly what I was looking for, and this clan has provided.  We also win our fair share of Naval Battles, which only adds oil to the kitty.  We don't do Clan Wars...although I guess we could if we had people who cared to.

I'm not even a clan officer, and here I am recruiting.  We may be full.  Who knows, but either way...I deserve a raise.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
17 posts
2,884 battles

Spot on. I originally started looking for a clan to cash in on the port bonuses. Anything else seemed like leaving resources on the table. Now I'm one of those guys who would have moved on from this game a long time ago if not for the quality guys I met and get to game with regularly.

There's a clan for every type of player, and anyone not in one is doing themselves a gteat disservice.

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
331 posts
25,254 battles

Went 2ish years and 9000 battles without being in a clan. Almost quit wows bc my laptop died. Started in a low squall clan and now I'm in a top 5 clan. Really sparked my interest in competitive play and made some great friends along the way. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
6,589 posts
5,797 battles

Yes, come and join one of the WOLF clans, if you want a total non-commitment with all the benefits... lol. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

The one I'm in, WOLF8, has been pretty dormant these days. The clan leader and the officers are rare to see, barely anyone's online on a regular basis (maybe just couple people including myself), and we barely even talk to each other... but it's so cozy and peaceful, you feel like you're not in a clan at times. In fact, you can even feel like down right invisible... just the way the "lone wolf types" like it, lel. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

And those 10% discounts and bonuses are nothing to sneeze at, as well... lul. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
19,797 posts
11,989 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

Well, I do lose a lot.

:Smile_teethhappy:  We did not mind if you lost. We don't care about stats anyway.

2 hours ago, Lert said:

How's PVE doing these days?

Still full with a waiting list. We have all the buildings and are stockpiling oil for the next expansion.

2 hours ago, Palladia said:

The casual clans generally don't care. We casual clans almost all don't care about your stats, the mode you play, and sometimes not even how much you play as long as you play some. Are you breathing? (Zombies are not a protected class, so we will discriminate, sorry). Do you play some and earn containers? That is usually all you need do.

56 minutes ago, Willard_the_Rat said:

Spot on. I originally started looking for a clan to cash in on the port bonuses. Anything else seemed like leaving resources on the table. Now I'm one of those guys who would have moved on from this game a long time ago if not for the quality guys I met and get to game with regularly.

There's a clan for every type of player, and anyone not in one is doing themselves a gteat disservice.

• Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
783 posts
11,807 battles
1 hour ago, Willard_the_Rat said:

There's a clan for every type of player, and anyone not in one is doing themselves a great disservice.

That part can't be emphasized enough. At face value they may not seem like much, but over time the discounts and bonuses available when in a clan,

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Naval_Base

can add up real fast.

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
224 posts
1,675 battles
1 hour ago, eagle_lance said:

now I'm in a top 5 clan

What are the top five clans and how can I find their "rankings"?  Is this based off of competitive play, individual performance, tournaments or something else?  Who assesses what a "top" clan is and isn't?  I had heard TNG was the top clan NA because of clan brawl, now you say this.  I thought O7 won KoTS and EGIRL CB.  Please clarify?

Members
3,806 posts
9,164 battles
11 minutes ago, Gin_Blossoms said:

What are the top five clans and how can I find their "rankings"?  Is this based off of competitive play, individual performance, tournaments or something else?  Who assesses what a "top" clan is and isn't?  I had heard TNG was the top clan NA because of clan brawl, now you say this.  I thought O7 won KoTS and EGIRL CB.  Please clarify?

It's based on clan battles standings normally, and sometimes around KotS seasons clan rankings in there will also come up.

2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I deserve a raise.

O_O leadership: "Congrats! We're doubling your salary from 0 to 00! Enjoy the raise!"

• Funny 2

Members
652 posts

At the very least, create a solo clan. This way you can take advantage of at least some of the clan buildings. There will be a point in which there's no way you can reasonably get the amount of resources required for some of the building upgrades, but at the very least you can get the smaller percentage upgrades. 

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
331 posts
25,254 battles
4 hours ago, Gin_Blossoms said:

Not sure what's up with you...but my clan finished 4th in clan battles. My point wasn't to brag about my clan, I was simply saying why joining a clan was good for me. It sparked interest in the game when I was likely to quit. 

Edited by eagle_lance
  • Cool 3