Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_CPR

I've been getting bullied in game for playing PR

344 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

10,397
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,127 battles

Stop playing PR, it seems. I didn't really believe people were doing that til I saw it happen in a game I was just in. Pathetic.

  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,168 posts
14,859 battles
Just now, Taichunger said:

Stop playing PR, it seems. I didn't really believe people were doing that til I saw it happen in a game I was just in. Pathetic.

There was a thread on reddit that endorsed this behavior. It is sad. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,529 posts
11,656 battles

Enable replays, send to WG if it's particularly virulent...or just ignore them via blacklist and their chat.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
54 posts
7,511 battles

Send in a ticket, saw some reddit posts where people were chat banned for exactly that reason. You're entitled to buy and play what ever they are selling.

  • Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,278
[DEV_X]
[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,885 posts
27,193 battles

Hi.

Welcome to playing "the other white meat..." I mean "the other CV"

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,074
Members
5,725 posts
11,174 battles

If it happens in a game I am in I will defend anyone playing the PR.  There is ZERO need or call for crappy behavior by these special people.

  • Cool 13
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
349
[USCG]
Members
766 posts
23,692 battles

Go find a safe space. Bring water & popcorn. It will blow over in 2-3 months...

  • Cool 8
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,693
[SALVO]
Members
26,322 posts
30,413 battles
Just now, CylonRed said:

If it happens in a game I am in I will defend anyone playing the PR.  There is ZERO need or call for crappy behavior by these special people.

Ditto.

 

13 minutes ago, LT_Chatbanned said:

Hello.

I've been playing the Puerto Rico for a few matches this weekend since its a fun ship and all, but it seems that players on both teams verbally abuse me in chat over my ship preferences.  What can I do to get this to stop?  Please help

For one thing, you can say that it's  your money and your choice as to how you spend it.  And that they should mind their own business.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,376
[WORX]
Members
13,331 posts
20,173 battles

The words provocation and invitation comes to mind...

CS dept will be working some OT for this debacle... Good for them.

If you sail the PR with the current climate of hostilities set on high...  You're basically provoking, you're inviting the hostilities.

Stop playing the PR until things settle down... IF not, CS dept. workers would like to thank you for helping them pay their "extra" car payment.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,062
[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,258 posts
14 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Stop playing PR, it seems. I didn't really believe people were doing that til I saw it happen in a game I was just in. Pathetic.

These threads crack me up.

Open a ticket!!! It is unacceptable!!!!

This has been happening to me for over a year in my CVs.  I get berated in chat sometimes just for loading into a game in a CV, that I paid money for.

The response from the community in that case, for the same exact thing....is that I deserve it for playing a CV.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
234
Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

I saw it happen over the weekend.  In one match about 4 players ganged up upon someone who bought the PR, one of which was on the same team.  At one point the BB who was on the same team as the PR actually drove into him, pushing it into the path of a torp strike that would have missed.   This didn't go over well with the rest of our team and every said they were going to report the game.  Hopefully people who act up like this are given a long holiday vacation to think about their lives.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,355
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,455 posts
10,734 battles

Played several games in Puerto Rico in coop.

 

Salty people there too, but also admiration.

 

Either reaction amuses me.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,693
[SALVO]
Members
26,322 posts
30,413 battles
1 minute ago, Navalpride33 said:

The words provocation and invitation comes to mind...

CS dept will be working some OT for this debacle... Good for them.

If you sail the PR with the current climate of hostilities set on high...  You're basically provoking, you're inviting the hostilities.

Stop playing the PR until things settle down... IF not, CS dept. workers would like to thank you for helping then pay their "extra" car payment.

I'm sorry, but saying that he's provoking them is to my mind blaming the victim.  I would tell the OP to play his PR loud and proud!   And as I said above, tell the whiners that it's his money to spend as he pleases, and to mind their own business.

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
510 posts
15,666 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

 

If you sail the PR with the current climate of hostilities set on high...  You're basically provoking, you're inviting the hostilities.

Wow.    So, just by playing his new ship (that he has every right to play) you're saying he's the problem.   Now I've seen it all. 

  • Cool 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,564
[REVY]
Members
8,422 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I'm sorry, but saying that he's provoking them is to my mind blaming the victim.  I would tell the OP to play his PR loud and proud!   And as I said above, tell the whiners that it's his money to spend as he pleases, and to mind their own business.

And I'm sure other players are loud and proud about sinking his PR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,397
[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
39,127 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

These threads crack me up.

Open a ticket!!! It is unacceptable!!!!

This has been happening to me for over a year in my CVs.  I get berated in chat sometimes just for loading into a game in a CV, that I paid money for.

The response from the community in that case, for the same exact thing....is that I deserve it for playing a CV.

CVs are unethical game mechanics that ruin the game for many of the other players. That is their purpose in the match. Of course people whose playing experience is degraded by CVs are going to complain about it. 

PR does not. It's a ship like any other non-CV ship. It's a completely different situation.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,376
[WORX]
Members
13,331 posts
20,173 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I'm sorry, but saying that he's provoking them is to my mind blaming the victim. 

It is what it is Crucis.... Its common knowledge that if you're going to do something that will invite hostilities, knowing full well its causing provocation...

That is lack of judgement on the OP's part... 

I would not be caught dead sailing the PR atm... Not a good idea... but that is my opinion...

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,693
[SALVO]
Members
26,322 posts
30,413 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

And I'm sure other players are loud and proud about sinking his PR.

The difference is that customer service will hopefully take a dim view on their actions.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,758
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Get screenshots, send in tickets, report "misbehavior in chat".

That sort of thing is completely unacceptable and counter-productive.  The players are not to blame for this mess, whether they bought PR already, or are grinding PR, or are skipping PR.  This is 100% entirely Wargaming's fault.

It just makes the "demand change" side look petty, and vindictive, and childish, and stupid.  We don't need it, it doesn't help. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,564
[REVY]
Members
8,422 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

The difference is that customer service will hopefully take a dim view on their actions.

And so will many players take a dim view on the actions of customer service.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×