Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
WizardFerret

Indomitable Needs A Buff

4 comments in this topic

[ASALT]
Members
143 posts
4,898 battles

I just don't see how the concept of Indomitable is supposed to do very well when it doesn't have torpedoes, has average rockets, bombs have only 32mm pen, and only a total of 20 base reserves. Sure the planes have very high speed, but the regen time is also very slow and the squadron sizes and reserves are so small that running out of planes will be easy. 

Indomitable certainly has enough deck space for more planes, on the outside and inside. What I suggest is increasing the reserves of both plane types by 6, increase the penetration of the bombs from 32mm to 40mm, and increase the bomber squadron size to 6 and the rocket squadron size to 8.

image.thumb.png.ab6c1997d0260df2e58dce697213a2f2.png

Remember that not having torpedoes is a big damage decrease for a CV so the other two plane types need to be above average to compensate and make the concept work. Compared to other tier 8 CVs Indomitable has considerably less attacking power and I hope that it can be put in a better state before release, I would love to buy one.

[HELLS]
Members
2,347 posts
22,798 battles

If they don't replace the Sea Hornets with TBFs and Corsairs with two Tiny Tims each I won't be opening my wallet at all. Ark Royal with historical biplanes and crappy fighters was bad enough...

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

[ASALT]
Members
143 posts
4,898 battles
12 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

If they don't replace the Sea Hornets with TBFs and Corsairs with two Tiny Tims each I won't be opening my wallet at all. Ark Royal with historical biplanes and crappy fighters was bad enough...

A British CV with lend lease American planes does sound interesting, but I like the Sea Hornets on Indomitable, so maybe a different one down the line could have that as its feature.

[RLGN]
Members
12,019 posts
21,513 battles
33 minutes ago, GrandAdmiral_2016 said:

Ark Royal with historical biplanes and crappy fighters was bad enough...

Ark Royal without Swordfish would have been pointless, because Bismarck.

No different that E or K, and two tiers lower. Bully lower tier ships when you can, eek our your crumbs against higher tier ships. How is that any different than any other carrier?

Sign in to follow this