Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

Gneisenau

16 comments in this topic

Members
336 posts
6,574 battles

I haven't played mine yet, is it that noticeable?

I liked the ship before, so much so that I even have the permacamo for it

[-FINS]
Members
30 posts
8,062 battles

It has been much better in the games I have played since the update. Probably the most noticeable difference of the whole line imo. Actually surprised me.

[ARGSY]
Members
28,484 posts
24,337 battles

Even the Bayern seemed to shoot a bit straighter when I took her out to brush her snowflake off.

The PEF, on the other hand, still seems to shoot like the director personnel are wasted on schnapps.

[GOOF]
Members
856 posts
7,055 battles

Awesome agrees my fav German BB and probably my favorite BB overall in this game, historically sinking glorious is one of my fav stories. 

Can't wait to deliver more KM punishment.

[NUWES]
Members
3,773 posts
14,500 battles

I was playing Big Freddie and I can't really say I noticed a lot of difference. It's guns are still pretty inaccurate. It's livable though. 

I'd try Gneisenau again just to see but I've learned to hate that ship more than any other in the game over the years. Only way I would play it again is if it printed doubloons (or better yet real cash) every time it fired its (inaccurate) guns. I like Scharnhorst, I really loathe Gneisenau. Honestly I am more waiting for the proposed IFHE change. I suspect the increase in pen and thus removal of the need to take IFHE just to be competitive will help the KM BBs more than the change in firing pattern. 

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
16 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

I was playing Big Freddie and I can't really say I noticed a lot of difference. It's guns are still pretty inaccurate. It's livable though. 

I'd try Gneisenau again just to see but I've learned to hate that ship more than any other in the game over the years. Only way I would play it again is if it printed doubloons (or better yet real cash) every time it fired its (inaccurate) guns. I like Scharnhorst, I really loathe Gneisenau. Honestly I am more waiting for the proposed IFHE change. I suspect the increase in pen and thus removal of the need to take IFHE just to be competitive will help the KM BBs more than the change in firing pattern. 

Why do you need IFHE for Gneis?

Secondaries pen 32mm as is.

[NUWES]
Members
3,773 posts
14,500 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

Why do you need IFHE for Gneis?

Secondaries pen 32mm as is.

Not for Gneis. For the T8s and up where they are facing T10 armor a lot. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,740 posts
14,522 battles
45 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Not for Gneis. For the T8s and up where they are facing T10 armor a lot. 

You’re putting at least 8 captain points into 8k secondaries?!?!

You do realize that the ship has main guns, right?

[-FINS]
Members
30 posts
8,062 battles

I run a secondary build on it. That ship is made for knife fighting so why not?

And until recently the main guns weren't doing you any favors.

[HEL-2]
Members
215 posts
8,668 battles

Just took her for a spin in coop to knock off the snowflake, then took her for 3 more spins.  I definitely noticed a difference in her accuracy.  I had groupings that would make Roma cry and die in envy.  Perhaps I'll grind her out a 19 pointer.  Sinop is still far stronger and Nelson still laughs at everything with her mega heal, but it feels like Gneisenau can at least hit things now while trying to get into close range.

[NUWES]
Members
3,773 posts
14,500 battles
10 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

You’re putting at least 8 captain points into 8k secondaries?!?!

You do realize that the ship has main guns, right?

The T8s have 10.8km secondaries, which provide a lot of extra damage to support the main battery. 

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,385 posts

Man she's one of my favorites along with my Sharn and Sharn-b the fact that they put more rounds in the right direction just makes them more "beer in my cornflakes" fun

[WOLF3]
Members
752 posts
14,121 battles

With the final realization that close range is too dangerous and western servers prefer more intelligent standoff fights WG has finally enhanced the German line with what it needs. I have taken to making do with 10km secondary guns for a while and really don't regret doing so. You save points for more important things, even IFHE if you really must. In fact IFHE may be the only way to make a real dent.

[QADD2]
[QADD2]
Members
175 posts
29,914 battles
On 12/16/2019 at 7:24 AM, YeTiTry said:

It has been much better in the games I have played since the update. Probably the most noticeable difference of the whole line imo. Actually surprised me.

What's even more amazing is how the gun accuracy has improved the PEF. Very noticeable!