You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dEsTurbed1

Get Puerto Rico for free? The grind that's impossible

2 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,073 posts
20,949 battles

Look out MURMANSKGATE. 

Step aside Alabamagate.

We bring the Ship building dock. 

GET A FREE TIER 10 SHIP.

Now before we all explode:

We have to wait 3 more days before it actually starts.

The average player can't understand the best way to get points for Puerto Rico. 

As I understand it:

Buy 24k dubs and do the 3 boosters now.

That's $87.00.

You get an option to then directly buy the ship early for money.

I believe total investment would be $200.00.

AS I UNDERSTAND IT NOW:

Each build level actually lowers the point costs if you PURCHASED boosters.

So you only need to complete 2 stages of the directives. 

AVERAGE PLAYER CAN'T COMPLETE ALL 7 DIRECTIVES IN A TYPICAL 4 HOUR GAMMING SESSION SPANNING THE EVENT.

I do not see any way to check the build stage math TO SEE IF IT IS WORTH BUYING JUST THE FIRST BOOSTER.

@Femennenly can you correct any misconception or assumptions that are wrong?

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles

Official WG grind math. Mine is too conservative and you can take a bit longer per WG.

This was posted by Fem in this thread. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/206866-psa-a-message-from-sub_octavian-regarding-pr/

If you decide to get Puerto Rico for free, you should follow the following guidelines:
The first directive should be completed before building commences;
Directives 2 – 5 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;
The sixth directive should be completed within four days of the directive’s opening;
The final directive should be completed at the latest 24 hours before the overall event ends;
You must finish 20 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;
And spend your tokens as soon as possible on the next Token Boost.

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, Dir IV before Dec 27th, Dir V before Dec 31st, Dir VI before Jan 5th, and Dir VII before Jan 12th.

If you are planning to buy one premium booster:
The first directive should be completed before building commences;
Directives 2 – 4 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;
Directive 5 should be completed within 6 days of the directive’s opening;
You should finish the first 15 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, Dir IV before Dec 27th, Dir V before Jan 3rd. You do not have to complete Dir VI-VII.

If you are planning to buy two premium boosters:
The first directive should be completed within 5 days after the directive’s start;
Directives 2 - 3 should be completed within 6 days of finishing the previous one;
The fourth directive should be completed within 12 days of finishing the previous one;
You should finish the first 13 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 22nd, Dir III before Dec 28th, Dir IV before Dec 28th, Dir V before Jan 9th. You do not have to complete Dir VI-VII. NOTE: If you complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, and Dir IV before Dec 27th AND buy the Token boosts immediately, you can skip Dir V. 

If you are planning to buy three premium boosters:
The first directive should be completed within 7 days after the directive’s start;
The second directive should be completed within 7 days of finishing the previous one;
The third directive should be completed within 14 days of finishing the previous one;
You should collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;
You don’t need tokens from Daily Missions at all (but you will grind some anyway just by doing the Missions);

Complete Dir I before Dec 18th, Dir II before Dec 25th, Dir III before Jan 8th. You do not have to complete Dir IV-VII.