You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

This is it?

26 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,085 posts
4,433 battles

Only have 5 tier 8 and 9 ships, only earned 375 steel. Does it reset  and let you use same ships again or is this it? If it I will never get a steel ship in my lifetime lol. Want the Flint. So snowflakes done for me I guess? WG should reset everyday or two for those of us without dozens of t8 and t9 ships. At only 75 steel per ship what's the point?

Members
220 posts
9,821 battles

Yeah that's it snowflakes are a one shot deal. You have to do ranked and clan battles to really have a shot at steel ships. I don't do clan battles and only play ranked rarely so I've only collected about 12k steel since beta lol. Coal and FXP on the other hand nomnom

Members
1,927 posts
7,608 battles

Yes, looks like snowflakes are done for you.  They can be gathered only once per ship. If you purchase any new T8/T9 ships, those will come with a snowflake though. 

[PVE]
Members
19,851 posts
12,029 battles
7 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Only have 5 tier 8 and 9 ships, only earned 375 steel. Does it reset  and let you use same ships again or is this it? If it I will never get a steel ship in my lifetime lol. Want the Flint. So snowflakes done for me I guess? WG should reset everyday or two for those of us without dozens of t8 and t9 ships. At only 75 steel per ship what's the point?

One snow flake per ship for the whole update.

There is steel in the Directives and in the Dockyard.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[RLGN]
Members
14,478 posts
25,669 battles

Occasionally in Supercontainers, rewards in Ranked, and what you just did.

If you’re new, don’t sweat it. Steel eventually adds up if you’re patient.

You won’t specifically need the total cost of Flint, if you get close, you might be able to reduce the total with a coupon.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,806 posts

Unless you are owning in clan wars and ranked every season, steel ships are a looooong path for everyone.  You save every bit you can get for a long time, until you have enough to get the ship you want.

Years in some cases if you don't participate in the above events.

Members
1,368 posts
1,286 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Unless you are owning in clan wars and ranked every season, steel ships are a looooong path for everyone.  You save every bit you can get for a long time, until you have enough to get the ship you want.

Years in some cases if you don't participate in the above events.

Why do you keep copy pasting this disinfo? You don't need to "own" in clan battles and ranked every season to get a steel ship. Ranked and Clan battles pays out tons of steel even if you don't make it all the way.

• Boring 1

[WOLFC]
Members
502 posts
6,768 battles

If you want Flint, but you're like me and aren't going to be in ranked battles anytime soon (a bonus for everyone's sanity), I'd suggest picking up Atlanta. Differences between the two come down to Atlanta having two more turrets, Flint has smoke vs Atlanta has radar, and Flint's torpedoes have a range longer than "oh ***" (9.2 vs 4.5.)

Atlanta is definitely a fun ship, and I haven't regretted getting it. As much as I'd like Flint too, I totally get why it's a steel only ship, and it's good to keep some of the interesting stuff aside for the people who can/want to earn it.

[A-D-F]
7,806 posts
Just now, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

Why do you keep copy pasting this disinfo? You don't need to "own" in clan battles and ranked every season to get a steel ship. Ranked and Clan battles pays out tons of steel even if you don't make it all the way.

I wasn't copy pasting it, I typed it :).

[A-D-F]
7,806 posts
1 minute ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

You typed the exact same thing in another thread verbatim.

Probably.

In ranked, you will get a little steel if you run up to ranked 10.  Not much but some.  To get any more you need to run up the ranks from there, which generally takes a good bit of doing.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,083 posts
20,963 battles

The good news is your done.

I did tier 10. Every tech tree ship except Haragumo and 2 carriers (RB on gumo) plus Smolensk. 

Every tier 9 tech tree ship minus 3 plus 5 coal/steel ships. 

And 10 tier 8 ships.....

In 8 hours of co-op....

I have 188 ships....

Around 150 have snowflakes....

[WOLFG]
Members
29,661 posts
8,699 battles
45 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Basically, you need to play CB to get enough steel for a ship.

Where the small amounts of steel you get elsewhere are good for, is converting to coal when you're short on a purchase.

The only thing I wish, is that maybe there had been a linear progression that way.

T5=400 coal, T6=550 coal, T7=700 coal, T8=85 steel, T9=100 steel.

Members
4 posts
6,101 battles

They really nerfed it from last year. I managed to get enough steel to get Flint last year, this year I'll double my steel and get up to 7000ish steel. I'll be able to get another ship in two or three years at this rate. Part of it is the steel is also being rewarded for Directives and Puerto Rico stages, but they're nearly impossible to even grind up to, so basically this is it.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,251 posts
21,607 battles
57 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

If it I will never get a steel ship in my lifetime lol

Still easier then collecting Jolly Roger flags.

• Cool 1

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,371 posts
23,882 battles

I mean, 1600 battles and 5 ships that qualify.... you're not going to get much because you havent played enough to get much.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,344 battles

My suggestion to you is to wait for a 75% off port slot sale and then buy 40-80 port slots. And then fill them with T5+ ships in time for next year.

Last year I grabbed about 50 port slots, and only have 15 left. 300 doubloons is a lot, but 75ish? You can get 20 port slots for about $7.50 USD at that price.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,225 posts
7,152 battles
52 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

My suggestion to you is to wait for a 75% off port slot sale and then buy 40-80 port slots. And then fill them with T5+ ships in time for next year.

Last year I grabbed about 50 port slots, and only have 15 left. 300 doubloons is a lot, but 75ish? You can get 20 port slots for about $7.50 USD at that price.

This, plus also, play ranked. It's a learning curve. But you don't even need to rank out. You get to Rank 10, which isn't too hard, the rewards are good, including steel. That, plus snowflakes, plus the occasional other rewards, plus you use your 25% off resource ships coupon, and you'll probably take two years to get a Tier X steel ship. The only way to accelerate that is to stock up on Tier VIII-X ships for Christmas and to get better enough at ranked that you can rank out or get close.

[A-D-F]
7,806 posts
2 hours ago, throwawayforumalt said:

i haven't read the nerf notes, but was there anything else this patch besides snowflakes and puerto rico?

You don't want to read patch notes but you want someone else to retype the patch notes, so you can read the patch notes in a random thread?

Members
566 posts
255 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

You don't want to read patch notes but you want someone else the retype the patch notes, so you can read the patch notes in a random thread?

that'd be great

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
6 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Occasionally in Supercontainers, rewards in Ranked, and what you just did.

If you’re new, don’t sweat it. Steel eventually adds up if you’re patient.

You won’t specifically need the total cost of Flint, if you get close, you might be able to reduce the total with a coupon.

Yeah and I actually 100% recommend using a Resources Ship Coupon on any Steel ship that is purchased due to the difficulty in obtaining steel. And if you are not needing or unable to get Steel ships during a coupon’s reset cycle, then the coupon should be used on the larger coal ship purchases.