You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ESX

I need to apologize to the WOWs community, I bought the PR with cash!

89 comments in this topic

[SPQR_]
Beta Testers
185 posts
9,137 battles

TLDR:  If you didn't read the entire post, you don't have the right to respond and waste others time, move on.

Disclaimer:  I did not want to grind the PR at all, I am done for life with heavily grinding any game due to playing WOT for 6+ years. That game completely burned me out of grinding due to frustration and the so called "free to play" model. This game, although grindy, is completely different and easier, but that is a topic for another time.  I thought if I was going to keep playing toxic ranked, and get more frustrated than in any other part of my life doing it, I might as well play some new ships to have fun, so I bought the PR and exchanged coal for the Yoshino.  I was willing to pay $100.00 or so for the PR, but lack of research on my part led me down a rabbit hole to an appx. $240.00 purchase.  That price is way too much for a ship of any kind, but as I got deeper into the financial crisis, I said screw it, I came this far, just get it over with.

Regret?  No.  I paid for the ship, WG did not force me.  I make good enough money to not worry about it.  I paid way too much for sure, but here is one way to look at it.  If I take a chick out to dinner, movie, and a club afterwards, it could cost me up to $150.00 or even more a night, and dating a few chicks at once can break you.  So I spent about 2 nights or so on a ship instead of a chick?  Ya pretty much, so no concern for me there.  It is a cost for entertainment, that's it, no more, no less.  And for those upcoming trolls, if you want to brag about never spending money on a date with a chick, if that is the life you want to live and think it is so cool, then it is your life to live, it is not your place to judge others.  The same for the trolls that brag about never spending money on a game like this, you should thank the players that do, or you wouldn't have a game to play at all.

PSA/Lesson:  And for the people whining or insulting the players that bought the ship just because they spent a lot of money on it and for no other reason.  Ya, that part is none of your business or for you to judge, make fun of, or insult them.  How many purchases in your life have you made that others can say how stupid you were because they didn't hold your views or values pertaining to the product or service?  Yup, so you have no right to insult a player because they felt like spending the money they earned, and they can spend it however they want, and your opinion is not worth squat.

Feeling irresponsible?  Yes, and I am only speaking for myself on this.   I keep up with gaming and gaming news regularly, even games I do not intend to play, just to see how the industry is growing and what direction it is taking.  I have been gaming since 1992.   I feel modern gaming has taken a bad direction for the players.   When I played games in the 90's, X-COM, Jagged Alliance, Might and Magic, and scores of others, they were very simple, and the love the devs. had for their games came through.  Some of the best games ever made were created 20-30 years ago.  Now, the modern day vision for most game developers are loot boxes, micro transactions, disguised gambling,  and kick starter campaigns where more often than not, great things are promised, and you are lucky to end up with a completed or supported game.  I see EA and other companies doing everything they can to maximize profits by any means, while showing little interest in their players or community, other than breathing wallets.  The grind for the PR is almost impossible for a normal human being, and the cost to skip the grind is thoughtless and seemingly overly greedy.  I hope WG cares enough about their community to scale this PR grind back to something kind or thoughtful for their community.  I did not mean to support this modern day push to test the limits of a maximum cash grab that developers set their effort and focus on in today's gaming world.  When you pay this much for a ship like I did, it only hurts the gamer's and the fight against these modern developer practices.

So for that reason, I apologize.  I would give it back if I could.

• Cool 33
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[LUCK]
Members
2,008 posts
31,246 battles
2 minutes ago, ESX said:

TLDR:  If you didn't read the entire post, you don't have the right to respond and waste others time, move on.

Disclaimer:  I did not want to grind the PR at all, I am done for life with heavily grinding any game due to playing WOT for 6+ years. That game completely burned me out of grinding due to frustration and the so called "free to play" model. This game, although grindy, is completely different and easier, but that is a topic for another time.  I thought if I was going to keep playing toxic ranked, and get more frustrated than in any other part of my life doing it, I might as well play some new ships to have fun, so I bought the PR and exchanged coal for the Yoshino.  I was willing to pay $100.00 or so for the PR, but lack of research on my part led me down a rabbit hole to an appx. $240.00 purchase.  That price is way too much for a ship of any kind, but as I got deeper into the financial crisis, I said screw it, I came this far, just get it over with.

Regret?  No.  I paid for the ship, WG did not force me.  I make good enough money to not worry about it.  I paid way too much for sure, but here is one way to look at it.  If I take a chick out to dinner, movie, and a club afterwards, it could cost me up to $150.00 or even more a night, and dating a few chicks at once can break you.  So I spent about 2 nights or so on a ship instead of a chick?  Ya pretty much, so no concern for me there.  It is a cost for entertainment, that's it, no more, no less.  And for those upcoming trolls, if you want to brag about never spending money on a date with a chick, if that is the life you want to live and think it is so cool, then it is your life to live, it is not your place to judge others.  The same for the trolls that brag about never spending money on a game like this, you should thank the players that do, or you wouldn't have a game to play at all.

PSA/Lesson:  And for the people whining or insulting the players that bought the ship just because they spent a lot of money on it and for no other reason.  Ya, that part is none of your business or for you to judge, make fun of, or insult them.  How many purchases in your life have you made that others can say how stupid you were because they didn't hold your views or values pertaining to the product or service?  Yup, so you have no right to insult a player because they felt like spending the money they earned, and they can spend it however they want, and your opinion is not worth squat.

Feeling irresponsible?  Yes, and I am only speaking for myself on this.   I keep up with gaming and gaming news regularly, even games I do not intend to play, just to see how the industry is growing and what direction it is taking.  I have been gaming since 1992.   I feel modern gaming has taken a bad direction for the players.   When I played games in the 90's, X-COM, Jagged Alliance, Might and Magic, and scores of others, they were very simple, and the love the devs. had for their games came through.  Some of the best games ever made were created 20-30 years ago.  Now, the modern day vision for most game developers are loot boxes, micro transactions, disguised gambling,  and kick starter campaigns where more often than not, great things are promised, and you are lucky to end up with a completed or supported game.  I see EA and other companies doing everything they can to maximize profits by any means, while showing little interest in their players or community, other than breathing wallets.  The grind for the PR is almost impossible for a normal human being, and the cost to skip the grind is thoughtless and seemingly overly greedy.  I hope WG cares enough about their community to scale this PR grind back to something kind or thoughtful for their community.  I did not mean to support this modern day push to test the limits of a maximum cash grab that developers set their effort and focus on in today's gaming world.  When you pay this much for a ship like I did, it only hurts the gamer's and the fight against these modern developer practices.

Good for you. Needed to be said.

I too can, but won’t, buy PR however I used 14k in dubs on boosters and bought that Italian turd cruiser so I’ll get it in time.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,856 posts
23,065 battles
9 minutes ago, ESX said:

Very naughty of you to do that, for your penance you must buy The Krispy Kremme ( if you don't already have it ) and play 1000 games in Coop with said ship.

Then write a 500 word article on the benefits of CV's and Submarines  in the game.

Start immediately please  

WE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH YOU :Smile_veryhappy: 

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 6

[O_O]
Members
6,579 posts
15,599 battles

I don't begrudge whales who spend large amounts of money on this game.  If you have the money and you see it as reasonable for your circumstances...go for it.  Sales keep the game going.

I have the money, but I'm a bit of a tightwad! :Smile_veryhappy:  I'll spend money here and there, but I won't spend over $50 for a single ship.  That's just me.  I am also getting to the point that with almost 200 ships and almost 70 premium ships, each single ship has less value to me.  I paid almost $70 for Tirpitz was first released.  I hadn't spent a dime on the game up to then, I had very few premiums, and it seemed worth it.  As I said above, I won't spend over $50 on a single ship, today.

I do agree with your closing sentiment.  I think WG got greedy on this one...and it isn't as veiled as they probably hoped it was.

Edited by desmo_2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,597 posts
16,379 battles

Well grats! you are forgiven and thank you for the PSA lesson.

Never go all in on a WG deal. Never just grind and never just pay. Always blend them to your advantage , resources and abilities.

• Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,446 posts
20,199 battles

I don't know that would cost me 3 hours labor versus 100 hours time to grind it

If I really wanted it I would buy it, to me there was nothing special so no money

[CUTER]
Members
65 posts
6,819 battles
15 minutes ago, ESX said:

You absolute chad. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,087 posts
20,963 battles
13 minutes ago, ESX said:

Thank you the insight. 

I bought the Alaska 2 days before Black Friday sale....

If you could, please explain the steps you went through to get the ship.

I.e. bought first booster then got this offer?

Something like that so we can understand the steps you went through AND IS THERE A POINT WERE YOU CAN STIP BUYING AND REASONABLY GRIND IT.

Thanks in advance.

BTW 

Congratulations on your purchase. 

If I could I would buy it too.

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles

@ESX If you think you are feeling sorry now, just wait until my Yamato class BBs get you in their sights, and unleash some nice 18.1” AP shells into your Puerto Rico... :cap_haloween:

Lol I have no hard feelings actually, if you had the money and wanted the ship then it’s good you got yourself something nice. No way I could spend money like that in such a manner though. But I don’t hold grudges against players that can and do spend a lot of money on in game content.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,929 posts
10,951 battles
14 minutes ago, ESX said:

"I need to apologize to the WOWs community, I bought the PR with cash!"
"TLDR:  If you didn't read the entire post, you don't have the right to respond and waste others time, move on.  ..."
<snipped for brevity>

Congratulations on the new ship you welcomed to your port.  :-)
No need to apologize.  Enjoy your "hot date" that will be ready whenever you are.  :-)

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,660 posts
14,285 battles
4 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Very naughty of you to do that, for your penance you must buy The Krispy Kremme ( if you don't already have it ) and play 1000 games in Coop with said ship.

Then write a 500 word article on the benefits of CV's and Submarines  in the game.

Start immediately please  

WE ARE NOT HAPPY WITH YOU :Smile_veryhappy: 

The Krispy Kreme without a captain with at least 15 points it is a dog but once you hit that 15 point threshold it becomes great fun.

Members
510 posts
14,496 battles

Nicely said ESX.      "I make good enough money to not worry about it."

That sentence is the root of most disputes and debates on the issue--people who apply their current financial status to your purchase decision.      I'll never own a Rolls Royce, but I don't jump up & down at the guy who does own one.    Heck, maybe he owns 12 of them, it's none of my business!

Enjoy the Puerto Rico, and continue enjoying the game.  :cap_like:

• Cool 3

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles
7 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

You spend 150 a night dating a chick? Them thots are robbing you man... :cap_haloween:

I dated a girl a number of years ago and on our first date, I asked her what kind of food she liked...the response was McDonalds, maybe I should have kept her around :fish_haloween:

• Funny 4

[DPG]
Members
1,953 posts
9,884 battles

I guess people don't really understand how the f2p model works.  The more ridiculous things the company gets whales to buy, the more ridiculous the things become.  Which affects everyone else.  

"Well we can just jack up the price of everything because these whales over here bought a 400 dollar ship" 

Spend your money how you wish but don't think for a second that it only affects YOUR wallet.

• Cool 11

[T_O_P]
Members
417 posts
6 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

I dated a girl a number of years ago and on our first date, I asked her what kind of food she liked...the response was McDonalds, maybe I should have kept her around :fish_haloween:

that is a big "IT DEPENDS". Was she hot and sporty, or did she need a personal port slot? :Smile_hiding: 

but seriously, when given a choice (blow $ away on 2 days with a chick or a nice T10 ship and a T7 ship, and all the other stuff), imo he made the right choice. Plus now he has all the free time to enjoy the holidays grind-free.

Personally, I feel constant grindfest was too much for me as well. need a break. likely will not do the upcoming british event.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,904 posts
8,457 battles

Do whatever you feel like, but if people keep paying extraordinary amounts of money for ships the prices will just keep going up. You can buy brand new games for a fraction of the price of this ship and I have serious ethical issues with WG hiding the true cost of the ship behind multiple walls. 

• Cool 4

[T_O_P]
Members
417 posts
23 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Do whatever you feel like, but if people keep paying extraordinary amounts of money for ships the prices will just keep going up. You can buy brand new games for a fraction of the price of this ship and I have serious ethical issues with WG hiding the true cost of the ship behind multiple walls. 

^^^ THIS  ^^^

WG sees that people keep buying, and so here we all are.

EDIT: I've said it before... $70 (or maybe $80?) will buy you a fully functional realistic FA-18 of F-16 DLC for DCS with all buttons and systems working (and they keep adding more functionality). They carefully worked on them for YEARS of research and programing so you can experience the real thing, like a real pilot. I think If I buy PR this will be my last WOWS purchase ever (sorry but that is how I feel. 240 for a pew pew is... ).

Edit 2: If you have VR headset tou could also get an awesome glove for 250 (or 2 for 450 or something like that) that works in vr so you could press buttons and switches like for real instead of with a mouse, for complete realism.

Edited by RusskiySpy

[D33P6]
Members
35 posts
11,558 battles
59 minutes ago, ESX said:

I did not mean to support this modern day push to test the limits of a maximum cash grab that developers set their effort and focus on in today's gaming world.  When you pay this much for a ship like I did, it only hurts the gamer's and the fight against these modern developer practices.

You could have just said this and we would understand.  Props on the mea culpa regardless.

[0456]
Members
485 posts
9,120 battles
1 hour ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

You spend 150 a night dating a chick?

u sure that's not the hourly rate?  lol

47 minutes ago, RusskiySpy said:

or did she need a personal port slot? 

hahaha!  

1 hour ago, _Rumple_ said:

I dated a girl a number of years ago and on our first date, I asked her what kind of food she liked...the response was McDonalds, maybe I should have kept her around

u should have married her

[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,689 battles
53 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I guess people don't really understand how the f2p model works.  The more ridiculous things the company gets whales to buy, the more ridiculous the things become.  Which affects everyone else.  

"Well we can just jack up the price of everything because these whales over here bought a 400 dollar ship" 

Spend your money how you wish but don't think for a second that it only affects YOUR wallet.

maybe russian F2P

here in american RIOT games league of legends has not of these problems.

so maybe go do some research about F2P games before commenting.

all League of legends money comes from cosmetic stuff, no ridiculous grinds to unlock the new champion who is "wink" OP.