You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ossiuum

Anyone else buy a booster before the directive and wish you hadn't

97 comments in this topic

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,787 battles

I was dumb and bought the 6k dubs booster yesterday morning before looking at the requirements for the grind. (tbh I thought the PTS values would stick for this event) Don't do that to yourself, understand you aren't getting the ship and don't waste any doubloons on it. 

• Cool 5

Members
97 posts
1,366 battles

Yeah same, I bought the first two boosters with the doubloons I saved from the entire year. I was really tempted to use my doubloons for black friday but I resisted.

Now with two doubloon boosters I am not even sure if I can get the PR in-time.

Lets just pray to RNGesus that the directives will be changed to more realistic values.
I even suspect this is a PR (haha) stunt just to be in the centre of attention, free publicity (there is no such thing as bad publicity) and that they will change the directives last minute.

[O7]
Members
1,031 posts
4,526 battles

The boosters will get you other goods such as very valuable coal

Additionally, you can always finish with doubloons if you cant finish the directives on time

• Confused 2
  • Boring 3

[RLGN]
Members
14,499 posts
25,705 battles

No. Thought about pulling the trigger this afternoon, but it was time to leave for work, so I didn’t.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,458 posts
20,207 battles
12 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I was dumb and bought the 6k dubs booster yesterday morning before looking at the requirements for the grind. (tbh I thought the PTS values would stick for this event) Don't do that to yourself, understand you aren't getting the ship and don't waste any doubloons on it. 

No if I was younger in the game then maybe some the goodies might interest me, But now? No, the ship is not a must have,  and I could get it for cheaper later

[HGE]
Members
45 posts
6,795 battles

I have been keeping an eye on this issue. Was going to use my xmas $ on WoWS.  But after seeing the Directives I’m going to save a bit more to buy MW5 Mercenaries. 

Not to sound ungrateful but marketing seems to be bad this event.  Thanks WG for the Steel flakes and camo I’ll get from the T10 ships.  IMO I’ve already spent enough $ on this game. 

Edited by PyroWaves
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,881 posts
12,085 battles
18 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

8 minutes ago, Wazaa16 said:

Yeah same, I bought the first two boosters with the doubloons I saved from the entire year. I was really tempted to use my doubloons for black friday but I resisted.

Now with two doubloon boosters I am not even sure if I can get the PR in-time.

Lets just pray to RNGesus that the directives will be changed to more realistic values.
I even suspect this is a PR (haha) stunt just to be in the centre of attention, free publicity (there is no such thing as bad publicity) and that they will change the directives last minute.

One Doubloon boost only

Ok, this is calculated with you having the 1st dub boost, getting ALL the Daily Chains until Jan 4th, Daily Shipments and grinding the Directives in 3 days each through Dir VI. You get to skip Dir VII. For ease of math, all boosts are bought at 5am. You MUST start getting Daily Chains TODAY, Thu Dec 12th!

Grind Dir I before Monday and have the 1st Dub boost and 1st Token boost already purchased before 5am EST, Mon Dec 16th.

12/16-12/19 you have 339 CP/min & 1.25M Instant CP for 6.2M CP. You finish Dir II & buy 2nd Token boost at 5am Dec 19th.

12/19-12/23 you have 443 CP/min & 1.2M Instant CP for 9.9M CP total. You finish Dir III and buy the 3rd & 4th Token boosts at 5am Dec 23rd.

12/23-12/27 you have 789 CP/min & 3.2M Instant CP for 17.7M CP total. You finish Dir IV and buy the 5th Token boost at 5am Dec 27th.

12/27-12/31 you have 997 CP/min & 2.5M Instant CP for 25.9M CP total. You finish Dir V and buy the 6th Token boost at 5am Dec 31st.

12/31-1/4 you have 1,205 CP/min & 2.5M Instant CP for 35.3M CP total. You finish Dir VI and buy the 7th Token boost at 5am Jan 4th.

1/4-1/13 you have 1,413 CP/min & 2.5M Instant CP for 56.2M CP total. You finish Puerto Rico just after 7pm, Fri Jan 10th, so there is a some of slack. You MUST complete Dir VI and get the 7th Token Boost!

Two Doubloon boosts only

Ok, this is calculated with you having the 1st & 2nd dub boosts, getting ALL the Daily Chains until Dec 27th, Daily Shipments and grinding the Directives in 3 days each through Dir IV. You get to skip Dir V-VII. For ease of math, all boosts are bought at 5am. You might want start getting Daily Chains TODAY, Thu Dec 12th!

Grind Dir I before Monday and have the 1st & 2nd Dub boosts and 1st Token boost already purchased before 5am EST, Mon Dec 16th.

12/16-12/19 you have 477 CP/min & 11.75M Instant CP for 13.8M CP. You finish Dir II & buy 2nd Token boost at 5am Dec 19th.

12/19-12/23 you have 581 CP/min & 1.2M Instant CP for 18.3M CP total. You finish Dir III and buy the 3rd & 4th Token boosts at 5am Dec 23rd.

12/23-12/27 you have 927 CP/min & 3.2M Instant CP for 26.6M CP total. You finish Dir IV and buy the 5th Token boost at 5am Dec 27th.

12/27-1/13 you have 1,135 CP/min & 2.5M Instant CP for 57.1M CP total. You finish Puerto Rico just before 3pm, Thu Jan 9th, so there is a some of slack. You MUST complete Dir IV and get the 5th Token Boost!

ALL three Doubloon boosts

Ok, this is calculated with you having the ALL the dub boosts, getting ALL the Daily Chains until Dec 23rd, Daily Shipments and grinding the Directives in 3 days each through Dir III. You get to skip Dir IV-VII. For ease of math, all boosts are bought at 5am. You might want to start getting Daily Chains TODAY, Thu Dec 12th!

Grind Dir I before Monday and have ALL Dub boosts and 1st Token boost already purchased before 5am EST, Mon Dec 16th.

12/16-12/19 you have 650 CP/min & 19.25M Instant CP for 22M CP. You finish Dir II & buy 2nd Token boost at 5am Dec 19th.

12/19-12/23 you have 754 CP/min & 1.2M Instant CP for 27.6M CP total. You finish Dir III and buy the just 3rd Token boosts at 5am Dec 23rd. Get the 4th if you want PR faster.

12/23-1/13 you have 927 CP/min & 1.6M Instant CP for 56.8M CP total. You finish Puerto Rico just before 2am, Thu Jan 9th, so there is a some of slack. You MUST complete Dir III and get the 3rd Token Boost!

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
342 posts
11,719 battles
20 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

I did ... I brought the 6k boost and I regret it. I wish I could get my doubloons back.

Members
1,526 posts
10,950 battles

Unfortunately, yes I blew 6k doubloons on this, but that's my fault for jumping the gun on this $25 mistake. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,686 posts
14,288 battles

On the bright side for those that did buy them you will get the most effect out of them.

This is an insanely ridiculous grind even for unicum players. I get a feeling that they will either make changes now or that they will make other less odious method to get her as they did with the Kamikaze R clones.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,915 posts

I waited to do some of my own analysis and for players like Kiz to do their thing. 

Decided to hold off until Sunday evening, see if WG makes any fixes to this nonsense. 

[D00M]
Beta Testers
103 posts
2,292 battles

I did and I filed a ticket using some of the quotes of today’s stream to highlight that I wasn’t fully informed of what a horrible decision I made.

in the stream the said PR would be available for other resources like coal and lead (what is lead?) so if I knew that I would have never spent the doubloons 

Edited by df319
Added stuffs

[O_O]
Members
6,598 posts
15,617 battles

I had my mouse hovering over the 1st doubloon boost...and then I didn't.

Whew!  I'm going out of town for 5 days.  It appears that boost would have been wasted, unless I bought additional doubloon boosts.  At this point, I don't care to spend a single doubloon for Puerto Rico.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,763 posts
5,173 battles
41 minutes ago, Ossiuum said:

This is exactly what I did.  I am regretting it now.  I am not spending$100+ to get the ship and I don't have anywhere near the time to do those insane grinds.  Never would have spent them if I'd realized how impossible the grind is for any adult with adult responsibilities.

If I could get my 6k doubloons back I would, but I already opened the container that I got as one of the rewards.

Members
78 posts
2,227 battles

I lost 6k, too.  I’ve learned my lesson dealing with this company, though, and will not be conned again.  No investment in any event that is not fully understood.

Edited by column5

Beta Testers
8 posts
1,112 battles

Welp i messed up pretty bad and wasted the 14k in doubloons i got from santa containers buying the two boosters before i had a full understanding from reading the forums.

So now i feel compelled to at least try i guess.

[PVE]
Members
19,881 posts
12,085 battles
11 minutes ago, ThumperD702 said:

Had I known when I started playing this game a little over a year ago that there'd be a math quiz involved...  :cap_haloween:

WG is all about Math puzzles.

Members
2,646 posts
4,271 battles

Thank you,  guys. Being serious.  I know you may regret the decision but you are still helping to keep the game going and I appreciate that.  

[POW-M]
Members
49 posts
8,021 battles

I have wanted a t10 Alaska for years. When the PR was announced I was going to get it. I blew a year's worth of earning and buying doubloons for the first two boosts. Now that I know everything, I don't even want it. Such [edited].

[ARS]
Beta Testers
4,763 posts
5,173 battles
54 minutes ago, Kissov said:

Welp i messed up pretty bad and wasted the 14k in doubloons i got from santa containers buying the two boosters before i had a full understanding from reading the forums.

So now i feel compelled to at least try i guess.

Be very conscious of sunk cost fallacy here.  Set your absolute budget that you are ok spending and stick to it.  Don't fall for the "Well, I already spent X/played Y hours so I better spend Z more to finish it."  That is what this whole event is designed to take advantage of and humans are very good at falling for it. 

• Cool 1