You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nivier

dockyard and 'points per minute'?

26 comments in this topic

[77TAF]
Beta Testers
48 posts
1,604 battles

How exactly do these 'points per minute' accrue?

I had enough points to buy one of the levels early today.  Yet after that (I haven't completed any of the stuff to get extra tokens), but it hasn't boosted. I've been sitting at the same 'number' the entire time, so the 'points per minute' seems to be doing jack squat... anyone else notice that, or any explination on how these points work?

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
749 posts
6,748 battles

Actual event doesn't start until timer reaches zero. If you earn with tokens or buy with doubloons you get the instant boost now, and any goodies you earn. The points start accruing when the event starts, roughly 3 days if I recall correctly?

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
38 posts
6,348 battles

The building does not start until Monday. We are still in the early prep phase.

At least that is what I understand it to be.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,256 posts
16,313 battles
21 minutes ago, numbskull_2 said:

The building does not start until Monday. We are still in the early prep phase.

At least that is what I understand it to be.

This is correct.

The building and accrual of points will begin on Monday. At this point, you will start receiving 125 points per minute + additions for boosters.

Fem, 

[TBW]
Members
10,354 posts
17,629 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

he building and accrual of points will begin on Monday. At this point, you will start receiving 125 points per minute + additions for boosters.

Fem, 

per what minutes? or Minutes of what?

[FEM]
2,256 posts
16,313 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

125 points per 1 minute. 

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,180 posts
26,268 battles
1 minute ago, Femennenly said:

125 points per 1 minute. 

He's asking if it is logged in time or just per minute of actual battle time.

Edited by BaronVonTom

[IXM]
Supertester
259 posts
4,804 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Minutes of the day.  The time scale that humans use on planet Earth.  You gain points for every single minute of the day.  Approximately 1440 minutes per day.

• Confused 1

[TBW]
Members
10,354 posts
17,629 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

125 points per 1 minute. 

Per minute of battle time?

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[FEM]
2,256 posts
16,313 battles
Just now, Sovereigndawg said:

Per minute of battle time?

Per a minute of standard time.

Online, offline, on the toilet, on a plane, just a minute of time :)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,180 posts
26,268 battles

Ok so 125 pts per minute x 1440 minutes times 30 days = 5,400,000 points .  This is only the total if you get a full 30 days from start time.

Edited by BaronVonTom

[POP]
Members
2,853 posts
23,016 battles

I'm still wondering why there is a later start time for this whole event considering the patch dropped over 24 hours ago and you start accumulating stuff from the get go.

Am i missing something is there a special reason for a 4 day wait,as it is the general game population will not reach the finish line doing it the old fashion way anyway but those 4 days could have helped.     

• Cool 1

[-K_P-]
Members
418 posts
3,492 battles
2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

I'm still wondering why there is a later start time for this whole event considering the patch dropped over 24 hours ago and you start accumulating stuff from the get go.

Am i missing something is there a special reason for a 4 day wait,as it is the general game population will not reach the finish line doing it the old fashion way anyway but those 4 days could have helped.     

Most likely to give people a jump on the getting shipbuilding coinage.  when it starts, you will be (timewise) halfway to the start of the second directive.  (just spitballing a possible thought)

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,537 posts
16,248 battles
19 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Minutes of a day. The dockyard building will go on weather you are logged in or not. You are trying to reach 51,300,000 construction points before the event ends.

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,180 posts
26,268 battles
39 minutes ago, paradat said:

Minutes of a day. The dockyard building will go on weather you are logged in or not. You are trying to reach 51,300,000 construction points before the event ends.

yes and u get additional points per minute for each of the boosters you buy with the tokens.  At least thats how I understand it looking at those boosters for tokens.

[ANZ4C]
Members
108 posts
8,917 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

This is correct.

The building and accrual of points will begin on Monday. At this point, you will start receiving 125 points per minute + additions for boosters.

Fem, 

so points are not yet accruing for the 6k doubloon booster I purchased?
i feel somewhat ripped off and I'm not alone.

[LOU1]
Members
4,179 posts
12,161 battles
15 minutes ago, Mephiztopheleze said:

so points are not yet accruing for the 6k doubloon booster I purchased?
i feel somewhat ripped off and I'm not alone.

Um, there is a big timer in the dockyard showing time until the event begins.  When it does start, you will get an instant boost and your points will start increasing with the bonus rate.  That first booster gives you a pretty good jump on things.

• Funny 1

[SQUAD]
Members
80 posts
12,733 battles
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Hopefully they were just being mindful of us getting our flakes.  Then maybe start pulling the directives early? 

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
3 hours ago, Nivier said:

How exactly do these 'points per minute' accrue?

I had enough points to buy one of the levels early today.  Yet after that (I haven't completed any of the stuff to get extra tokens), but it hasn't boosted. I've been sitting at the same 'number' the entire time, so the 'points per minute' seems to be doing jack squat... anyone else notice that, or any explination on how these points work?

See this thread.

• Cool 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,900 posts
4,605 battles
7 hours ago, tm63au said:

Sub Octavian over on reddit is saying that Puerto Rico is only for hardcore players and for the 1% of the player base. I think this event needs revision to allow for people to actually complete it without given up so much time away from family. 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
2,853 posts
23,016 battles
25 minutes ago, landedkiller said:

Sub Octavian over on reddit is saying that Puerto Rico is only for hardcore players and for the 1% of the player base. I think this event needs revision to allow for people to actually complete it without given up so much time away from family. 

Well he seems to be not listening to the that 1% and hardcore players as he puts it because if he was to read some of the comments by those various players he is referring to , there saying its to much for even them and they wont be doing it .

Besides that's just the spin doctors at work trying cover themselves with what I would term a very lame excuse and I am speaking mildly, i could think of a few other terms for that excuse.

Cheers   

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
128 posts
11,434 battles
14 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Per a minute of standard time.

Online, offline, on the toilet, on a plane, just a minute of time :)

Can I buy a TARDIS with doubloons?

[ABCD3]
Members
487 posts
12,437 battles

You just pre-staged yourself till the event starts.