You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

WG , people are upset. The PR Grind is just a symptom.

7 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,163 posts

It's Christmas.....   Gifting time.    Just like the " Black Friday " Event ( my first ) it was in no way like what we look for in NA when something is called BLACK FRIDAY!   I went total BLANK ( shipwise )  on my containers that special event and there were no special prices or sales that we connect to a BLACK FRIDAY event.

Now we have CHRISTMAS ( my first here )   Again people had high hopes.  I myself read many threads about people looking forward to Santas gifts etc.   Yes I did well  with a 20 pack of Mega crates but not everyone can do that.  Then the PR event that MANY people were looking forward to is all but impossible ESPECIALLY for ANY FTP players out there...ALL of us were FTP before we became whales.. ( Hint to Marketing ) .

Everyone out here is in the CHRISTMAS Spirit!  Many saved up to get things here as their gifts to themselves.  Who has the time or desire to short their budgets and or time with the family and friends this holiday season to grind for a ship?

Thanks for the Snowflakes and Santa crates.. they are REALLY COOL!!  

You should have stopped there.

Col Out

Edited by Col_Nasty
  • Cool 6

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

I am quite content since I am not bother with the whole PR grind.  I will get the t7 and be happy with it.  not worth the effort or money to get PR at all.     not mad or even bothered with the whole silliness.     not going to spend any money on it. 

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,122 battles

This is my first holiday season with this game as well. Just started playing in September. What a dumpster fire it has been. Still like playing matches though. As long as that part is fun game will endure. :cap_like:

Edited by RenamedUser_1036634558

[WOLF9]
Members
4,516 posts

Yeah,  I decided to say screw it to the PR event.   I had a look today at directive 2, and nearly fell out of my chair.   Uh, no.  Not a chance in heck...

Instead, I'll concentrate on the 4  ship missions- to reinflate my depleted credit coffers.  (I have all 4 already, so...)  I'm up to like 6 new ships in the last 2 days- not counting the Lion, which I haven't bought yet.   It's put a big ol dent in my credits!   And, hopefully, complete the collection.

And then there are the zillion snowflakes to be had.

I foolishly blew my saved doubloons on a PR boost.  They're now gone, oh well.   I was hoping to recover at least much of them via the directive 3 free ship, but that ain't gonna happen.  Who's got time to grind that much?

Maybe Santa will be nice to me, lol.   He's done a bang up job of refilling my depleted flags, and making sure I'm well stocked on 2 of the better premium camos.   Also gave me a Yudachi and a Lazo.     Even threw in some dubs, coal, and FXP.   After the last 3 back to back  early release/ directive events- I needed those flags!!

Another nice holiday tradition:  The snowflake event really helps me clear my port of unwanted duds that just take up space.   So far, I've sold at least 3 ships that  I have no intention of ever playing again.   Which netted me a bunch of upgrades to put on new ships!    I just forget they're back there, until something like this comes up.   So Buh bye, Bayern- you won't be missed.   Neither will CRAParch,  one sorry excuse for a tier 8 BB.

Strangely, 2 ships I rarely get along with, and won't sell- cuz premium-  Tirpitz and Scharnhorst  I had MASSIVE games in today.   I also switched to playing Randoms, because Co-op is just an insufferable mess, right now.     I wonder how many inches of snow Hell actually got, lol?

[WOLFG]
Members
9,913 posts
8,969 battles
25 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Yeah,  I decided to say screw it to the PR event.   I had a look today at directive 2, and nearly fell out of my chair.   Uh, no.  Not a chance in heck...

I could do it (directive 2), but at a net loss in flags/camos.

Not going to worry about the PR or the Gorizia.

Farm my coal, get a coal ship, do my grinds.

Not worth it.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles
39 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Strangely, 2 ships I rarely get along with, and won't sell- cuz premium-  Tirpitz and Scharnhorst  I had MASSIVE games in today.   I also switched to playing Randoms, because Co-op is just an insufferable mess, right now.     I wonder how many inches of snow Hell actually got, lol?

The Germans got a dispersion buff this patch IIRC so they may be more comfortable to play (and hitting more stuff) so that may be it. They are wonderful ships for co-op, some of the best for that mode IMHO.