You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lert

This Puerto Rico grind ...

289 comments in this topic

Banned
627 posts
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

When the forum rose up en masse, while remaining polite, WG listened and significantly raised the number of pearls available for Kamikaze R, so many more people could complete the grind and earn the ship.

Here's hoping that WG will do something similar with this Puerto Rico grind. And that's why I'm making this thread. To add another, polite, voice of dissatisfaction to the chorus.

Come now Lert, the days of being polite have long passed, and given how this is just the latest stunt in a long line of blockhead decisions, people have just had enough. 

• Cool 12
  • Boring 2

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,002 posts
15,769 battles

As Fem said, they let the developer know about the matter and was met with coldness

But like the community from previous year about the upset GC changes, maybe, perhaps, could we, do it again this time.

yes or no is entire up to every single player.

I for once, asking Weegee to reconsider about the grind

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,559 posts
15,568 battles

I also remembered the Pearl event this morning as I was raging about the insane directive requirements, and I calmed a bit...but it still requires WG to step up and make this Puerto Rico thing at least possible.

Also remember the Giulio Cesare decision.  She was supposed to be uptiered to tier 6, but the player community shouted that down, too.

There were a couple of other circumstances when WG reacted to community outcry...so it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,786 posts
11 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yeah another thread about it. I agree with the consensus that it's just beyond reasonable. Yeah so it's a T10, and thus the grind should be harder than for a T6. But, to this extreme extent? And during the busiest time of the holiday season? They expect us to put in seriously enough time and effort to complete 6 full tech line grinds? Well, no ... they expect us to see the dangling carrot, yank it away on January 13th and then hold out their hands for our monies - multiples thereof.

But then I remembered something.

WoWS has had difficult / long grinds before. But never to this extreme, right? Well ... Except back with the Kamikaze R, where you had to earn pearls, and the amount of pearls for completing the grind were limited, server-wide. Ok, that's artificial scarcity compared to outright greed like with the Puerto Rico grind, but still ... The end result is the same: very limited few people being able to reasonably complete it.

When the forum rose up en masse, while remaining polite, WG listened and significantly raised the number of pearls available for Kamikaze R, so many more people could complete the grind and earn the ship.

Here's hoping that WG will do something similar with this Puerto Rico grind. And that's why I'm making this thread. To add another, polite, voice of dissatisfaction to the chorus.

pKiaBUPg.png

So join the movement. #MakePuertoRicoAffordable.

Doing my best to not be a total jerk despite the frustration and disappointment.

• Cool 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,512 posts
6,676 battles

Not sure they can do much with this now... How many players have already shelled out cash for this ship and multiple boosters...many not even knowing that they still can't possibly complete?   Pretty much any step they go in now is laden with proverbial shite.  I usually try and give them the benefit of doubt, but this is one insane cash grab......   Hard not to see this as a blinfolded - sunken cost trap with a gunpoint ransom at the end.    

But there is a bright side........      I haven't seen a new CV thread in almost 24 hrs!!!!     Those clever WG devs........    

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
336 posts
6,436 battles

I'm mad at myself for a dumb decision with the PR boosters.

I received a bunch of wows gift cards from friends and family for my birthday in October since everyone knows I love to play this game. I saved them once I knew the PR was coming out in this cool event. I bought all three boosters thinking that would build the ship in a month.  Well that didn't pan out after reading the forum.  I don't think I'll be able to get these other directives done, so I'm SOL.  Effffffff

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,786 posts
3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

As Fem said, they let the developer know about the matter and was met with coldness

I thought she meant that their explanations to US were met with "coldness". 

• Cool 2

[--K--]
Members
88 posts
11,370 battles

I remember the pearl event.. came up just a few short of the Kami R..  ah well.  

They could convert this grind into a "campaign" along the lines of Yamamoto and Halsey, in essence, don't have an arbitrary end date.  But that could create a whole host of other issues.  

Edited by _Fr0g_

Members
156 posts
3,419 battles

I would have been okay with having an event like this over the summer, where people have several months to do the directives and people have much more free time. Just seems like WG drank a bit too much vodka this time around.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,402 posts
19,283 battles
5 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I also remembered the Pearl event this morning as I was raging about the insane directive requirements, and I calmed a bit...but it still requires WG to step up and make this Puerto Rico thing at least possible.

Also remember the Giulio Cesare decision.  She was supposed to be uptiered to tier 6, but the player community shouted that down, too.

There were a couple of other circumstances when WG reacted to community outcry...so it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Duke of York having cruiser dispersion, DFAA and no heal ... Abamalama being an ST only reward ... Graf Zeppelin introduction disaster ... I'm not saying WG acted correctly after our outcry in each of tese cases, but they did at least act.

I still miss super cruiser DoY ...

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
8 posts
5 minutes ago, Arlensauce93 said:

I've even sold 3 times my normal amount of pitchforks,  and it's out of season too !

Good thing there is ample supply of pitchforks and fuel in the bunker!

[WOLF8]
Members
48 posts
696 battles
3 minutes ago, LCPL4ever said:

I'm mad at myself for a dumb decision with the PR boosters.

I received a bunch of wows gift cards from friends and family for my birthday in October since everyone knows I love to play this game. I saved them once I knew the PR was coming out in this cool event. I bought all three boosters thinking that would build the ship in a month.  Well that didn't pan out after reading the forum.  I don't think I'll be able to get these other directives done, so I'm SOL.  Effffffff

That sucks unfortunately. Are you still going to try to get all the other rewards along the way?

[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,002 posts
15,769 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

she meant that their explanations to US were met with "coldness". 

the underline of the matter is that NA CM is now waiting on WeeGee game developers communicate back about the whole "Waifu".

so far, every players who committed to WoWs for over a period of time are outcry about the horrendous grind needed for the PR. CM gather all these feeeeeedddddback and communicate to the developer, so far "COLDNESS"

[O_O]
Members
6,559 posts
15,568 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Duke of York having cruiser dispersion, DFAA and no heal ... Abamalama being an ST only reward ... Graf Zeppelin introduction disaster ... I'm not saying WG acted correctly after our outcry, but they did at least act.

I still miss super cruiser DoY ...

Wasn't there something about WV/WV '41, too?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,402 posts
19,283 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

Yeh, that's right.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,929 posts
8,984 battles
1 minute ago, desmo_2 said:

A lot of people wanted the WV '44.  We got the '41.

[HINON]
Members
4,018 posts
4,702 battles
6 minutes ago, _Fr0g_ said:

They could convert this grind into a "campaign" along the lings of Yamamoto and Halsey

This was literally the structure used for Graf Spee, and it worked. Players were satisfied. Yeah, people bought the ship, and there were some frustrations, but it was possible. I have Graf Spee from when I earned it in that event.

We're not supposed to talk about competitors directly here, but the "construct a ship" event structure is something Gaijin has attempted to do twice, the first in the I-180S, and the second in the MBK, both attempts resulting in general unhappiness, disappointment, frustration, and anger.

This event isn't, at its core, any different, and I was hesitant about that. And having seen other's posts and the math being done, I am a little bit sad to see that my knee-jerk hesitation was justified.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

[CLARE]
Members
572 posts

I propose the opposite. 

buy premium time for half price in a couple of weeks. Earn free xp and get Alaska. Boycot PR. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,402 posts
19,283 battles
2 minutes ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

I'm surprised you forgot that one Lert, IIRC you were part of the angry group because it wasn't the refit version. 

I was more disappointed than outright angry there. Honestly though, with the pan "european" DD roll-out, this PR grind and things going on in my real life right now (yes I do actually have one of those. It's modest, but it's mine) it slipped my mind.