You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Toxic_Potato

Thank You WOWS DEVS, STAFF and Santa's Helpers Thread

29 comments in this topic

Members
1,374 posts

Just wanted to say ..... THANKS.... for a lot of great stuff.   Very happy with the work done this year.   I had the most fun yet playing WOWs in 2019.   This week I got some Santa Crates and was very happy at what was inside.   I have a Benham!!!!     Ok it got sunk rather quickly on the first outing but that is life.   French DD's absolutely rock!    I feel the NEED FOR SPEED!  

The Wiki is looking even better with new management.  CV's seem to be balanced.  New lines of ships are distinct and not Xerox Copies of previous ships. 

1840973413_FrenchDDs4.thumb.png.6b537ae88714fd53df1e8571e6f64687.png

Don't listen to the whiners.   Your vision is right on target.  

Best Regards

Toxic

Edited by Toxic_Potato
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Confused 6
  • Boring 6

[QQ7]
Members
122 posts
8,954 battles

I got other responsibilities.
According to Mr Conway, "It's unreasonable for me to grind Puerto Rico out because I have a job."
3ja5pz.jpg

Not a fan of the vision for Puerto Rico.

Hard pass.

Edited by AliceSynthesis30
  • Funny 2

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,786 battles
7 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Ima let you finish, but I don't know basically anyone who's good with the vision right now. I just had a discussion with my clan that the shipyard is a super cool concept that has been butchered beyond belief here. I mean just take the time gate out at the least and let us slowly work on it. Frankly we're just disappointed, the dock yard is a really cool system that was implemented really poorly and in a super predatory way. 

• Cool 5

Members
29 posts
4,545 battles
6 minutes ago, AliceSynthesis30 said:

Forgive me Mr. Conway, forgive me! I tried really hard to ditch my family and friends this holiday, I really did!

I swear I'll be a good boy next year and lock myself in my room the whole month. Give me another chance!

Haha we have fun here.

• Funny 1

[HINON]
Members
4,018 posts
4,702 battles
20 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Getting some nice things in the containers doesn't really excuse the extremely poor set-up of the Directives. Sure, maybe the difficulty is artificially-created by typos, but in the #1 set of directives, the ones with the lowest rewards, there is a mission to get 65 kills. What do you get for 65 kills? 100,000 credits.

I will personally point out that getting 65 kills alone nets much more credits than that, and in my view, within the structure of a very time-limited event, I would have moved this challenge to the end and vastly increased the rewards scale.

Members
1,374 posts

This is the feel good thread about all that WG has blessed us with.  For example you could compliment WOWs for the excellent graphics in the Puerto Rico Dockyard.  

Tis the season! 

• Cool 1

[TARK]
Members
6,913 posts
2,612 battles
2 minutes ago, Toxic_Potato said:

This is the feel good thread about all that WG has blessed us with.  For example you could compliment WOWs for the excellent graphics in the Puerto Rico Dockyard.  

Tis the season! 

I would post here...

...but...

WG hasnt blessed me with anything this year.

So...

...yeah.

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,146 battles

I've spent about $2,000 on this game since I started playing like 4 months ago. Thanks WG! #Regrets :cap_old:

Edited by Spreadsheet_Cuck

[NSEW]
Members
1,944 posts
10,984 battles
3 minutes ago, Spreadsheet_Cuck said:

I've spent about $2,000 on this game since I started playing like 4 months ago. Thanks WG! #Regrets :cap_old:

I'll call your $2,000, and raise you $1,400. 

#MajorRegrets

#NeverAgain*

*unless I get Supercontainers with ships I never got, even then I'll think about it; very carefully.

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,146 battles
1 minute ago, LowSpeed_US said:

I'll call your $2,000, and raise you $1,400. 

#MajorRegrets

#NeverAgain*

*unless I get Supercontainers with ships I never got, even then I'll think about it; very carefully.

I felt I had to spend that much to catch up to the player base and have fun. I do have fun. But then I think what I coulda done in Las Vegas for $2000. :cap_cool:

[NSEW]
Members
1,944 posts
10,984 battles
1 minute ago, Spreadsheet_Cuck said:

I felt I had to spend that much to catch up to the player base and have fun. I do have fun. But then I think what I coulda done in Las Vegas for $2000. :cap_cool:

I've stopped after being had by them since last year. 

Or just Hookers and fun...in Las Vegas.:cap_like:

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Not that there aren't any good things about this game.  Because none of us would be here if there weren't, and the game would no longer be.

But ignoring a trend of problems by highlighting good things doesn't mean there aren't serious issues that need addressing.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,674 posts
14,005 battles
2 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Just wanted to say ..... THANKS.... for a lot of great stuff.   Very happy with the work done this year.   I had the most fun yet playing WOWs in 2019.   This week I got some Santa Crates and was very happy at what was inside.   I have a Benham!!!!     Ok it got sunk rather quickly on the first outing but that is life.   French DD's absolutely rock!    I feel the NEED FOR SPEED!  

The Wiki is looking even better with new management.  CV's seem to be balanced.  New lines of ships are distinct and not Xerox Copies of previous ships. 

1840973413_FrenchDDs4.thumb.png.6b537ae88714fd53df1e8571e6f64687.png

Best Regards

Toxic

Aloha,

Congrats on Benham!  She's a fun ship for sure!

Happy Holidays!

-Hapa

• Confused 2

[O7]
Members
1,493 posts
10,966 battles

this is obviously a bait post guys come on now.

real talk though i havent spent a single penny on this game since cv rework and i would highly advise everyone to put their wallets away, also because if i waste time getting my wallet out or sleeping and eating i will not get the puerto rico grind done lel

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
4,018 posts
4,702 battles
7 minutes ago, ITZ_ACE_BABY said:

this is obviously a bait post guys come on now.

I know, but I think it's usually good and fun to reply to some fool trying to bait idiots with a serious, intelligent, and earnest discussion instead, because it makes them look dumb and foolishly-cynical and edgy.

Kinda like when cops put left a brand new minivan with a brand new TV in front of a store and under surveillance in order to try and catch thieves, only for people to walk by and close the doors, contact the store's management to try and ensure the car wasn't stolen, or even call the police to try and find the owner.

[HGE]
Members
45 posts
6,743 battles
12 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Congrats on Benham!  She's a fun ship for sure!

Happy Holidays!

-Hapa

Indeed Congratz Toxic!  I too wanted a Benham but couldn’t complete the last directive.  As posted elsewhere I’ll reallocate my WoWS xmas spending $ to MW5 Mercenaries though. 

Thanks WG for the free Steel from flakes!  I’m sure I’ll be getting a lot of camo and flags front eh T10 boxes.

• Cool 1

Members
1,374 posts

Absolutely a bait post.......

Wait....this is the same loser who was top of the team in Genova and praised Italian Cruisers repeatedly..... DD Mafia 

What kind of Bait is he using? 

[5IN]
Supertester
2,106 posts
10,138 battles

How is this a bait post?  Maybe he's being genuine, maybe not, but as FTP games go, there is a lot here to be thankful for.  Sure, it's not perfect, but perfect doesn't exist...  

For me, it's only gotten better in my 3.5 years of playing.  Thanks WG!

B

• Cool 1

Members
1,374 posts
44 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

How is this a bait post?  Maybe he's being genuine, maybe not, but as FTP games go, there is a lot here to be thankful for.  Sure, it's not perfect, but perfect doesn't exist...  

For me, it's only gotten better in my 3.5 years of playing.  Thanks WG!

B

Not a bait post.

CV Rework- I wanted average players to have a difficult time and force them to learn the game.  Better than avg and great players to do well when focused by CV.  Task complete!

New Ship lines are unique. You have distinct choices.  Task Complete! 

I am having much more fun while playing mainly DDs at Tier 10 in 2019.

Credited with six sunk while using a BB this year. For me in a BB this is insane. 

I now have access to all but two DDs.  Those two should be in my port soon.

Should have more time to play in second half of 2020.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,107 posts
4,661 battles
4 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

Best Regards

Toxic

Say!  Aren't you supposed to be like, toxic?  Okay, hands up.  What did you do with the Potato?

• Funny 1