Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Misfit87

PR grind

17 comments in this topic

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
284 posts
11,876 battles

Has anyone actually submitted a ticket to War Gaming asking them if they've lost their minds? Maybe as a community if we overwhelm their inboxes with tickets about the PR grind they would rethink what they've done! Also, watching one of their streams earlier they freely admitted to not being able to do the grind themselves. They said something about having to work. Thanks, so does the majority of the player base. I've spent a lot of money on the game over the years and don't have a problem supporting the game. If they made this doable, with some of the premium boosters, for the average player who has maybe 3 hours 5 days a week to spend on the game then I would not have a problem. But what they've done is basically said give us $240 for a T10 ship that is only going to be available to earn for a short time. This is asinine of War Gaming and the people in charge should be informed and held accountable for their abuse of their loyal player base! 

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,599 posts
11,914 battles

Can we keep all the complaining on this ship on the same page?  QQ

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,256 posts
4,127 battles
1 minute ago, Nachoo31 said:

Not if you want WG to do something about it.

Only thing that got NTC changed was the fact that no one talked about anything else for three days.

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles
1 minute ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

WG will do as they want with no care given to the players.

People need to stop spending, money is the key to unlock actionable response.

I still bought some Santa crates, but anything dealing with grinding it a no go for me.

Members
3,097 posts
12,276 battles
4 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I still bought some Santa crates, but anything dealing with grinding it a no go for me.

Good man.  This entire year I gave WG $50 for the privilege of playing three new T10 ships: this money got me 30 days of premium to get Colbert, and permacamo for Worcester and Venezia.  Passing up the hell grind.

[SOUS]
[SOUS]
Members
284 posts
11,876 battles
13 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

If you want WG to change anything the more threads and post they see on a subject the better. Do you not remember the USS Alabama mess that was only fixed by people sending in tickets and blowing up the forums. 

[TF-62]
Members
86 posts
5,655 battles
15 minutes ago, Misfit87 said:

If you want WG to change anything the more threads and post they see on a subject the better. Do you not remember the USS Alabama mess that was only fixed by people sending in tickets and blowing up the forums. 

What happened to the Alabama? I wasn't here for that

Members
156 posts
3,443 battles
28 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Not if you want WG to do something about it.

Only thing that got NTC changed was the fact that no one talked about anything else for three days.

I really hope the community steps up like they did with the NTC. If WG meets a lot of backfire for this, they'll be forced to do something about it.

[O_O]
Members
6,598 posts
15,617 battles
14 minutes ago, Raptor05121 said:

What happened to the Alabama? I wasn't here for that

Alabama was announced to be a super tester reward, only.  People lost their minds, because it is a museum ship and many players wanted it.  After much outcry, WG issued another Alabama version available to the masses.

Giulio Cesare was slated to be bumped up to tier 6.  Player outcry caused WG to shelf the idea.

The rewards for the Research Bureau were originally going to be super modules that would potentially have given unfair advantage to a few players.  Player base outcry changed the rewards for the Research Bureau.

The Pearl event from 3-ish years ago was going to award Kamikaze R as the ultimate prize.  But, math was showing that only a fraction of the player base was going to be able to earn it.  Players lost their minds, and WG tweaked the requirements to be more inclusive (and offered it for sale for a short while for those who still couldn't earn it).

There was also Murmansk-gate, but that was before my time (it resulted in many players getting Murmansk for $1).

WG does have a history of listening to the player base.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
1,682 posts
11,742 battles

LOL - someone on Reddit challenged any WG employee to actually try do the PR missions and stream it! 

Of course, none will.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,599 posts
11,914 battles
9 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Alabama was announced to be a super tester reward, only.  People lost their minds, because it is a museum ship and many players wanted it.  After much outcry, WG issued another Alabama version available to the masses.

Giulio Cesare was slated to be bumped up to tier 6.  Player outcry caused WG to shelf the idea.

The rewards for the Research Bureau were originally going to be super modules that would potentially have given unfair advantage to a few players.  Player base outcry changed the rewards for the Research Bureau.

The Pearl event from 3-ish years ago was going to award Kamikaze R as the ultimate prize.  But, math was showing that only a fraction of the player base was going to be able to earn it.  Players lost their minds, and WG tweaked the requirements to be more inclusive (and offered it for sale for a short while for those who still couldn't earn it).

There was also Murmansk-gate, but that was before my time (it resulted in many players getting Murmansk for $1).

WG does have a history of listening to the player base.

LOL Pearl event was not even hard.  I got the Kamikaze R without spending dime.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,256 posts
4,127 battles
7 minutes ago, TheArc said:

LOL - someone on Reddit challenged any WG employee to actually try do the PR missions and stream it! 

Of course, none will.

They responded on their stream, saying that they couldn't do it because they had work to do. The irony that this was exactly the problem apparently didn't occur to them.

This was bad enough, but WG's response so far has been even worse than the NTC disaster.

[TF-62]
Members
86 posts
5,655 battles
On 12/12/2019 at 4:48 PM, TheArc said:

Of course, none will.

See my signature. Completely callous response with zero care in the world that 99% of us have the same problem

[PVE]
Members
19,881 posts
12,085 battles

Official WG grind math. Mine is too conservative and you can take a bit longer per WG.

This was posted by Fem in this thread. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/206866-psa-a-message-from-sub_octavian-regarding-pr/

If you decide to get Puerto Rico for free, you should follow the following guidelines:
The first directive should be completed before building commences;
Directives 2 – 5 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;
The sixth directive should be completed within four days of the directive’s opening;
The final directive should be completed at the latest 24 hours before the overall event ends;
You must finish 20 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;
And spend your tokens as soon as possible on the next Token Boost.

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, Dir IV before Dec 27th, Dir V before Dec 31st, Dir VI before Jan 5th, and Dir VII before Jan 12th.

If you are planning to buy one premium booster:
The first directive should be completed before building commences;
Directives 2 – 4 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;
Directive 5 should be completed within 6 days of the directive’s opening;
You should finish the first 15 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, Dir IV before Dec 27th, Dir V before Jan 3rd. You do not have to complete Dir VI-VII.

If you are planning to buy two premium boosters:
The first directive should be completed within 5 days after the directive’s start;
Directives 2 - 3 should be completed within 6 days of finishing the previous one;
The fourth directive should be completed within 12 days of finishing the previous one;
You should finish the first 13 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 22nd, Dir III before Dec 28th, Dir IV before Dec 28th, Dir V before Jan 9th. You do not have to complete Dir VI-VII. NOTE: If you complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, and Dir IV before Dec 27th AND buy the Token boosts immediately, you can skip Dir V. 

If you are planning to buy three premium boosters:
The first directive should be completed within 7 days after the directive’s start;
The second directive should be completed within 7 days of finishing the previous one;
The third directive should be completed within 14 days of finishing the previous one;
You should collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;
You don’t need tokens from Daily Missions at all (but you will grind some anyway just by doing the Missions);

Complete Dir I before Dec 18th, Dir II before Dec 25th, Dir III before Jan 8th. You do not have to complete Dir IV-VII.

Sign in to follow this