Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
lloyd1701

Better Xmas Values in Ships than Puerto Rico (if you still want to spend money)

25 comments in this topic

[BUOY]
Members
1,073 posts
14,794 battles

Yes, that's a really low bar, but after spending a couple hours knocking off all 24 of my T10 Snowflakes in co-op and not getting halfway finished with any of the missions other than potential damage despite topping the team in XP in a majority of them I've come to the conclusion that it'll be a slog even to finish Directive 3 and since unlike the Benham (where buying the Hill Day 1 or making up the difference in crates avoided the soul crushing 48/50 completed daily chains part) OR literally ANY other World of Warships grind (not even Clash of the Elements rose to this level) spending $24/54 or even $94 actually doesn't do ALL that much thanks to how they laid out the tokens and boosts if you don't finish Directive 3.

Seriously WG... you make this cash grab but you weren't even smart about it since the Day 1 whales would've and have bought the Puerto Rico already (and at a higher price) just like they did the Salem ($450 in Go Navy crates) / Benham ($225) / Colbert ($500) / Ohio ($500) while also making it completely disconnected and separate from the rest of the game locked behind literally grinding from 1-10 and then some for Directives 4-6 only to end with the Alaska + Nelson in 24 hours Directive 7 grind. And once you do all this and get the Puerto Rico and knock off its snowflake for 4x Toothpaste camos... that's it... no special missions... not even a 25x XP boost mission.

Thankfully, while the Entirely Possible part of the Ships team has made the awesome looking Dockyard, the Puerto Rico and the Xmas Directives a null value like the expiration date on unique mods, the rest of the event is pretty much intact and unchanged from last year if you . For the price of 3x mega crates and whatever relatively small rewards you'd get in the Dockyards if you can't get through D3, you can instead get 40x Big Crates. At $200 (i.e. still $40 less than what the PR costs right now) you can get the Gorizia mega package which includes 2x T8 Xmas permaflages, 40x Mega Crates AND the far, FAR easier (but still complete [edited] compared to previous years where buying the event ship made the grind casual) track to completing Directive 3, thus getting the full price of the Gorizia kicked back to you in the form of doubloons. Or you can get 80x Big Crates.

And finally for roughly the $240 cost of the Puerto Rico right now (i.e. one T10), you can get 60x Mega Crates, 100x Big Crates or the Gorizia package and 20x Big Crates.

So yeah, while the big Xmas event is a bust what with grinding out the equivalent of multiple silver lines from T1-T10 only to have the privilege of begging people in Randoms to shoot at your appropriate national cruiser, but not actually shoot it while feeling irked that they put the 2250 steel behind individual missions in Directive 7 OR paying $240 all for a Chonklaska THAT AGAIN DOESN'T HAVE ANY EVENT RELATED STUFF ATTACHED TO IT WHATSOEVER :etc_swear:... the other stuff is relatively untouched.

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,925 battles

By principles for this mess i am not giving them a single penny. 

It would be irresponsible at this point to encourage them, the Directive non sense, the Puerto Rico cash grab and the insane price on the newest German unique commanders are all pushing way too hard.

Nope WG, nothing from me this year.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
816 posts
13,529 battles

I'll grab some crates as I usually do but the PR is a zero interest ship/grind. Just need another 80k coal or so for the Thunderer, or less once the new coupon hits.

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,925 battles
4 minutes ago, hexeris said:

I'll grab some crates as I usually do but the PR is a zero interest ship/grind. Just need another 80k coal or so for the Thunderer, or less once the new coupon hits.

I was on my way to the Thunderer too but now the new German commander is out for coal i tough "maybe i can spare like 50k coal to get him"... The new commander is the price of the Bloody Thunderer with a coupon!

I am very happy for the German accuracy buff but man they ruined the fun of it by failing on everything else...

[BUOY]
Members
1,073 posts
14,794 battles
1 minute ago, Bacl said:

I was on my way to the Thunderer too but now the new German commander is out for coal i tough "maybe i can spare like 50k coal to get him"... The new commander is the price of the Bloody Thunderer with a coupon!

I am very happy for the German accuracy buff but man they ruined the fun of it by failing on everything else...

It's a truly crying shame that an event that sounded so promising in testing and could easily have blown all the previous Xmas events out of the water while making boatloads of cash from people who were largely happy and satisfied with their purchases turned out to be this way. I mean cripes if they'd made Directives 1-5 PEF level, made Directive 6 the F2P 'technically possible' grind (that had a bunch of Gorizia and/or PR missions that meant those who already had the ship could essentially skip it) that everyone would've reasonably expected and finally made Directive 7 a 'Puerto Rico reward' thing.... how much better would that have been instead of this?

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,925 battles
5 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

have open 16 crate

get 5 ships

They can keep they puerto rico

Well you got lucky, just the blac friday event i got mostly free xp from the black containers... So sorry i wouldnt count a wink from RnGesus as a metric for quality.

Ona side not, congratulations on getting the ships :)

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
8 posts

So sorry War Gaming, funds previously allocated for expenditure have been diverted to the purchase of pitchforks and gasoline.

An old war cry of Remember the Maine! recycled to Remember the Puerto Rico debacle.

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles
44 minutes ago, hexeris said:

I’m wondering if I should get the thunderer or wait for new ships. Have enough to get her right now.

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,925 battles
4 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I’m wondering if I should get the thunderer or wait for new ships. Have enough to get her right now.

If you can aim properly, it will reward you. Its not braindead like the Conqueror that thing will be a good investment.

[HINON]
Members
4,018 posts
4,722 battles
25 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

I mean cripes if they'd made Directives 1-5 PEF level, made Directive 6 the F2P 'technically possible' grind (that had a bunch of Gorizia and/or PR missions that meant those who already had the ship could essentially skip it) that everyone would've reasonably expected and finally made Directive 7 a 'Puerto Rico reward' thing.... how much better would that have been instead of this

Careful, that's too much like the Graf Spee event. Makes too much sense.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,676 posts
16,442 battles

Buy the basic Gorizia.

It makes the first 3 directives fairly tame and when you finish you get the price back in gold. 

• Cool 2

[USCC]
Members
3,024 posts
13,776 battles
Just now, paradat said:

Buy the basic Gorizia.

It makes the first 3 directives fairly tame and when you finish you get the price back in gold. 

Solid advise. 

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,925 battles
24 minutes ago, paradat said:

Buy the basic Gorizia.

[edited] i hate when some people check mates me with common sense....

Hang on what is the doubloon value for this^, i would expect WG to mess with us on that one in some ways at this point.

[BUOY]
Members
1,073 posts
14,794 battles
4 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Just to let you know keep spending WG will gladly bend you over more than once.

As we all know, WG lives and dies by the Spreadsheet, and if the Spreadsheet says that no one except the Day 1 Whales and poor players who bought the boosters before actually looking at the directives in trust that the grind difficulty wouldn't start at 'Flamu doubts he could do it F2P,' lowering to, 'Getting Kamikaze From Clash of the Elements by only using milestone tokens' with the 6k, needing another 8k for 'CotE Kamikaze R with tokens in general', and spending a full 24k to get the grind down to 'If you drink all the vodka in St. Petersburg, this grind looks easier than PEF'... while Santa Boxes and such still sold... well... maybe WG will learn that 'Because T10!' is no excuse to troll everyone from F2P all the way to those who paid them $94 equivalent in doubloons.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,676 posts
16,442 battles
1 hour ago, Bacl said:

[edited] i hate when some people check mates me with common sense....

Hang on what is the doubloon value for this^, i would expect WG to mess with us on that one in some ways at this point.

Tier 7 prem. So should be 8,500 dubs or so.

[KERN]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,277 posts
7,071 battles

Just did the two cheaper crates: don't bother: drops are way down from previous years.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,847 posts
1 minute ago, thegreenbaron said:

Just did the two cheaper crates: don't bother: drops are way down from previous years.

That is no where near enough of a sample size to determine anything.

[KERN]
1,277 posts
7,071 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

That is no where near enough of a sample size to determine anything.

I did 100 of the two cheaper ones.  Instead of getting two or three items, you now get one each. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,847 posts
6 minutes ago, thegreenbaron said:

I did 100 of the two cheaper ones.  Instead of getting two or three items, you now get one each. 

Ahh ok, I thought you meant you opened 2 crates.

[KERN]
1,277 posts
7,071 battles
On 12/12/2019 at 6:24 PM, Burnsy said:

Ahh ok, I thought you meant you opened 2 crates.

There seems to be really high proportion of them that are signals compared to previous years.  Also, fewer dubs as the rules for getting more than one ship of the same type have changed.  I'm not complaining about NOT getting 700 Frosty Fir skins again this year, but the relative values are way down.  I also only got 3 ships out of 100 opens for the 'Big' gift and NONE from the 'Gift'. 

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,243 posts
On 12/12/2019 at 4:47 PM, Bacl said:

It's NOT the full price that u spend for the Gorizia that u get back they deduct the price of the port slot and the commander.

[PHD]
Members
1,565 posts
6,723 battles

I got 20 mega crates before I found out the gold I spent on building boosters was wasted. I  got the WV41, Lenin and the t5? Italian CA not thrilled with any of them, though the Lenin seems nice.

But the Glorisia? I have the special RM captain too but a Zara without torps? I like torps. But maybe if I get over being pissed and feel like grinding anything. 

WG is not on my happy list right now. 

Sign in to follow this