You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Azzura

Is the Puerto Rico..like even a good ship?

18 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
430 posts
11,510 battles

Been reading and hearing about the grind. I'm just wondering if the Puerto Rico is even any good? What is so special about this ship?

[O_O]
Members
6,556 posts
15,559 battles
2 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

The key to Puerto Rico is that it is surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.

...and salt.  Tons and tons...and TONS...of salt.

[NFJF]
Beta Testers
210 posts
9,429 battles

Take Alaska add a little bit more armor a extra turret and less accurate guns and there you go.

• Cool 1

Members
124 posts
8,169 battles

It's about as good as Alaska lol, so not at all. Only thing it has over the Alaska to support it is the extra turret. Really only use is for T10 rewards which can be useful.

With the state of the game, don't bother getting it unless you're a whale with more money than common sense. There are better games out there to make you happy - this is not one of them.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,234 posts
4,119 battles

It's not bad. But other than that, no.

Can you imagine the riot if PR was some busted Russian ship?

[UEFN]
Members
1,339 posts
23,249 battles

it is special because it is NOT available or obtainable in the tech-tree, rarity is the key selling point here, and this sort of business model has been working very well since beta day.

Banned
259 posts
4,762 battles
13 minutes ago, whyme69 said:

Take Alaska add a little bit more armor a extra turret and less accurate guns and there you go.

In other words, it is completely pointless garbage.

Especially since you can basically get Alaska several times over for the amount of work and/or money.

AND she will earn more XP since she can be uptiered.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,089 posts
4,661 battles
22 minutes ago, Azzura said:

Been reading and hearing about the grind. I'm just wondering if the Puerto Rico is even any good? What is so special about this ship?

I've played it.  I like it.  But I don't think I've played it well; it's a different beast from my other USN cruisers.

Let's just say that were it in the Armory for 250K or even 280K Coal, I'd by it in a heartbeat.

[O7]
Members
1,031 posts
4,470 battles
46 minutes ago, Azzura said:

Its an USN ship

Literally the most overpowered nation by a good margin thanks to the infamous USN Playerbase

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,063 battles

It's your typical American fair in WoWs. Super middling.

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles
49 minutes ago, BlizzardHero said:

Really only use is for T10 rewards which can be useful.

Oh yeah, like crates with 4x camo per T10 I got this year?  Very useful, maybe that PR grind is actually worth it afterall.

Members
124 posts
8,169 battles
11 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Oh yeah, like crates with 4x camo per T10 I got this year?  Very useful, maybe that PR grind is actually worth it afterall.

When the anniversary comes around you get a free super container. Some other emblem stuff only works at T10. Minor stuff, but better than other tiers.

[TF-62]
Members
86 posts
5,655 battles
3 minutes ago, Seaneroo said:

According to Flamu, the PR is a worse ship than the Alaska, even even without factoring the difference in tier.  

I heard. Still didnt stop him from raking in 100k+ damage and getting 3-5k salvos in HE alone.

I'd like to have her in my port, but with the blood being spilled around here, I don't want her until WG "fixes" the grind