Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArgosRising

Hope it was worth it, WeeGee.

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
270 posts

I play this game more than any other, I play it every day. I've spent over $700.00 on this game, Wargaming. I LOVE ships and I love playing this game! I just spent $30 on christmas containers and have $30 more in my Steam wallet ready to go for it. 

I love playing the Kronstadt and Alaska and was SO looking forward to getting a Tier X battlecruiser to bring to clan battles. I was SO happy and excited for all the amazing stuff you had planned for Christmas, WG! I was on cloud 9. 

Then I logged in and IMMEDIATELY spent my doubloons on the first 2 boosts because I was so excited. Then I looked at the directives, and did some math and my jaw dropped. After watching many of the CC's videos it seems the sentiment in the community is almost unanimous: anger and hurt. No one but the whales are going to even participate in this event. 

I am hurt. I am angry. And at this point you could GIVE us all the Puerto Rico and I don't think it would solve the damage you just did. You took advantage and insulted all of us. 

I've spent over $700 on this game with NO intention to slow down and I am active, love this game, and constantly interacting with the CCs of your community... but after this stunt I am honestly considering uninstalling the game and never looking back. (Again, this is my favorite game!) A company that will do something as nasty and cruel as this can be trusted to only do it again. 

Hope the money you farmed from the whales this event was worth the lost goodwill and players that populate your servers. I've got a lot of thinking to do. 

To my fellow captains, good luck in the future whether I'm there or not. 

o7

  • Cool 19
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
334
[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
681 posts
17,996 battles

You're not the only on my friend.  Been here since CBT through all the illogical mistakes and controversies since that time and honestly this is the one that has me at the end of my rope.  They seem to never learn from past mistakes and it almost seems like they try to top each one with the next.

  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
270 posts
1 minute ago, Black_Sheep9 said:

You're not the only on my friend.  Been here since CBT through all the illogical mistakes and controversies since that time and honestly this is the one that has me at the end of my rope.  They seem to never learn from past mistakes and it almost seems like they try to top each one with the next.

It's just stupid. They could have just done the Christmas containers like usual and then given out a new Free Tier 6 premium to everyone and the community would have been really happy! But they promised us a Tier 10 to work for and then slapped us in the face with it. I've seen a lot of crappy companies but this is another level of greed and shortsightedness. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
103 posts
5,589 battles
17 minutes ago, Black_Sheep9 said:

You're not the only on my friend.  Been here since CBT through all the illogical mistakes and controversies since that time and honestly this is the one that has me at the end of my rope.  They seem to never learn from past mistakes and it almost seems like they try to top each one with the next.

We are just being buzzing mosquitoes to them. This sort of set up works extremely well on the Russian Server with that player base and it is that server that pays all of the bills. What we have to say about it, gets tossed in the trash can if any one even bothers to listen. The NA server has only a a tiny fraction of the Russian server and even the EU server is a small potato in the eyes of War Gaming.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,115
Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

Not the first time WG caused a firestorm and it won't be the last. I never trusted them and never will. Damn shame WoWS has no rival. When WG faces no competition to make a great naval warfare game, they will not change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,981
[O_O]
Members
6,554 posts
15,559 battles

One of my biggest issues with the Dock Yard and Puerto Rico is the insane amount of play time that is required to complete the objectives.  It really is ridiculous.  I have no problem with having pay options to speed things up.  I have no problem with people who have already dropped north of $200 to have Puerto Rico in their hands today.  I understand it is a tier 10 ship, and therefore shouldn't be handed out easily.

But this level of grind during Christmas, when people need to spend time with their families in addition to regular obligations (i.e. work), is draconian.  Perhaps I would be more forgiving if it weren't for the time of year.  WG seems to be baiting players to ignore Christmas in order to get the shiny T10...and I think it is just wrong.  The directives are too labor intensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,092
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,541 posts
16,276 battles
Just now, desmo_2 said:

But this level of grind during Christmas, when people need to spend time with their families in addition to regular obligations (i.e. work), is draconian.  Perhaps I would be more forgiving if it weren't for the time of year.  WG seems to be baiting players to ignore Christmas in order to get the shiny T10...and I think it is just wrong.  The directives are too labor intensive.

There is a pretty big group of players that play the most during this break. WG knows that.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,193
[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

This game has definitely taken a downward turn over the past year or so.  One bad update after another.  One bad decision after another.  One unwanted feature and implementation after another.  Etc, etc...

Just consistently bad now.

It's as if there has been recent new management with a new "making some changes around here" mentality, but has only managed to f_ck things up and make things harder for everyone else.

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,083
[RLGN]
Members
14,457 posts
25,590 battles
3 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

This game has definitely taken a downward turn over the past year or so.  One bad update after another.  One bad decision after another.  One unwanted feature and implementation after another.  Etc, etc...

Just consistently bad now.

It's as if there has been recent new management with a new "making some changes around here" mentality, but has only managed to f_ck things up and make things harder for everyone else.

Bad decisions...

...starting the year off with whoever thought it would be a good idea to reinvent the wheel with a certain ship class.

They are either clueless as some have said; or they’re using PR to distract from the still continuing year of hate stemming from that other debacle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
610
[WOLF2]
Members
1,634 posts
11,296 battles

Well.... I have a little buyer's remorse with this one.    Not with the price, per se, but that I wasn't expecting the mystery conditions attached to the purchase.   I also have remorse that WG sees the $96 that I (and others) paid, and their spreadsheet says "you're doing it right, WG!!!"

I'm all for supply and demand.   You want to grind for free?  Fine, but we'll make it hard.   You want to pre-order the PR?   Fine, $96 and you'll have to wait a month.   BUT IF YOU WANT IT NOW, it'll be $200.

I'm perfectly fine with that.   And that's what I expected when I plopped down the 24k dubs for the boosters.  It's a pre-order, and it'll hit the mark in January.     

Then, the math comes out, and well, I have to bust out the first three directives.   Not that I don't mind grinding, but then.... ouch.  Did someone add a zero to those directive totals?

So, having mystery criteria integrated in with a pre-order makes the purchase sour.   I don't mind spending, but not happy these added conditions - and if the conditions aren't met, I just gave WG close to 100 bucks for the spirit of Christmas.

I'll likely get the PR, as I'll grind to meet the conditions.   But you pulled another fast one.  The previous ones were shady but small.   This one stinks big-time.   I will remember this going forward.

Edited by DiddleDum
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,542
[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,440 posts
20,164 battles

nowthatsbalance.png.b4b3f49cd70084c45a47e86df3d30137.pngI'm not surprised it's funny that everybody's all shocked about WG and their priorities

it's not the game

or for you

it's for your money

 Anyway they can get it, and it won't matter how shady it really is,  that's not what they're worried about either

 

 #Don'tbestupid

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,099 posts

It is easy to ignore.

I am not one for gimmicks,I can and will not miss the PR for any price.

I already have every ship I need to enjoy this game and don't need a shiny new boat just to have it.( my 68 camaro is proof ) Its rusty and in desperate need of restoration, but it is my daily driver and dependable.

I will not pursue the PR. WG can do what they do and I will do as I do.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
270 posts
1 minute ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

It is easy to ignore.

I am not one for gimmicks,I can and will not miss the PR for any price.

I already have every ship I need to enjoy this game and don't need a shiny new boat just to have it.( my 68 camaro is proof ) Its rusty and in desperate need of restoration, but it is my daily driver and dependable.

I will not pursue the PR. WG can do what they do and I will do as I do.

It's not the grind for the PR that matters. It's that they intentionally misled us about it and then pulled the rug out from under us. What about the casuals who don't watch CCs or go to forums? They don't even realize that WG misled us all yet. It's messed up. If they said "$234 for Puerto Rico or a grind that practically no one can finish in 28 days" people would be mad, but most would roll their eyes and move on. It's the fact that they implied Puerto Rico would be reasonable to acquire for everyone which is not at all true. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
64
[ABCD3]
Members
488 posts
12,482 battles

It supposes to be a festive holiday season for rewards for all us loyal and $$ players.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,099 posts
3 minutes ago, ArgosRising said:

It's not the grind for the PR that matters. It's that they intentionally misled us about it and then pulled the rug out from under us. What about the casuals who don't watch CCs or go to forums? They don't even realize that WG misled us all yet. It's messed up. If they said "$234 for Puerto Rico or a grind that practically no one can finish in 28 days" people would be mad, but most would roll their eyes and move on. It's the fact that they implied Puerto Rico would be reasonable to acquire for everyone which is not at all true. 

Thieves steal

Liars Lie

WG is true to itself

There is no inbetween

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[SVF]
Members
1,754 posts
2,320 battles
36 minutes ago, _Stormcloud_ said:

We are just being buzzing mosquitoes to them. This sort of set up works extremely well on the Russian Server with that player base and it is that server that pays all of the bills. What we have to say about it, gets tossed in the trash can if any one even bothers to listen. The NA server has only a a tiny fraction of the Russian server and even the EU server is a small potato in the eyes of War Gaming.  

Not even the RU server is okay with the Dockyard event, so this post of yours loses most of its intended impact imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
85
[WORST]
Members
158 posts
14,889 battles

I hope the whales enjoy the PR, but for me, this Xmas season feels like punishment. I have been around since 2015 but the way this game is heading  I dont think I am gonna be around much longer...

 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
566 posts
255 battles

have we agreed on what we're mad about yet?

i realized this was a freemium game when i saw there is no way to earn dubs in the game.

if premium ships had been op i would have uninstalled. people said they aren't but i think they lied.

if wg ever releases a battleship with radar i will get it.

otherwise don't care about premium ships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
270 posts
1 minute ago, throwawayforumalt said:

 if wg ever releases a battleship with radar i will get it.

Missouri, but they removed it because it made too many credits. Can get from santa container right now if really lucky lol.

Edited by ArgosRising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
672
[--O--]
Members
931 posts

The more people spend on this game the WORSE it gets..... CV reworked had to hurt many people myself included stopped giving away our money... Well here we have either a Attempt to generate for lost revenue or they are trying to see just how STUPID the Whales really are. Wargaming use to be good to the player base, not no more, they lost their path of what makes them... PLAYERS. Just me .02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
153
[WOLF9]
Members
728 posts
19,497 battles

Well, I did the same as the OP.  I logged in and since I had the Dubloons, I blindly purchased the first booster for 6k.  Then I played.  A normal 3 hour daily session turned into 7 (I wanted to complete my snowflakes), and I only got 3 missions of Dir #1 done.  Then I looked at the next couple of Directives and thought NO WAY.

I haven't spent anything else yet on this Christmas event, but I do want the Gorizia, so I might just buy that and call it a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
998
[HINON]
Members
4,018 posts
4,702 battles

I was skeptical of this event to begin with, and that was one of the big reasons I didn't purchase any doubloons yet. The reason I was skeptical of it was because it looked like a series of events a competitor has been doing, none of which have ended well and none of which have been well received.

Whether it was the luck-driven lootbox process of building and assembling an I-180S, or the incredibly-slow AND incredibly lootboxy Soviet armored gunboat, both events were entirely too grindy and made so that, without astronomical improbabilities, they couldn't be completed without spending a large sum of money, much more than the rewards would actually be worth if priced in the ways a Standard premium would be. In this game, a Tier 10 Premium, based on the cash prices of Tier 8 premiums, shouldn't cost more than $100-120. In the competitor, Tier V premiums shouldn't be priced over $50-60. And yet Puerto Rico is selling for $200. Those competitor Tier V premiums for a long time after the event, when you could purchase them "On the Marketplace", were also selling for >$100.

This event proved not very different, and I'm sad at the fact that Wargaming stopped to the same kind of business practices as this specific competitor with this event.

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
156 posts
3,411 battles

Yep, WG really made a mistake with this one. I sincerely hope they learn from it this time and try to improve, because if they don't, then they just lost a lot of good people who WANT to support them but can't because of the lies and trickery they have done. Really sucks too, as this game still has a lot of potential. I may have to take a couple weeks off from this game, just so I can cool my head and relax. I hate to say it, but EA seems like a better company than WG at this point.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
122
[AK]
Beta Testers
478 posts
13,525 battles

Count me as a long time player, booster (buying ships, premium time, ships for me as well as gifts), that feels like this latest slap in the face is the my last straw. I have ships in my port that will never sail again thanks to the events earlier this year.

I am sorry WG but you really fubar'ed this PR building event. I regret beyond words that I bought the 3 boosters. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×