You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

You Don't Have to Grind Out an Event Perk

8 comments in this topic

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,087 posts

So much fuss over an event in a video game. I enjoy playing this game and occasionally I'll even put in the effort to grind out a perk, like the premium camo I got for my Gearing during the Halloween event. However, I don't go to pieces if an event proves too difficult or too time-consuming. I knocked off a few snowflakes yesterday and a couple more this morning and also obtained the free Santa boxes. Mostly what I got were Zulu flags, which I like as they help me break even in my high-tier ships. I just looked and I now have 853 of them. I'd say that's a pretty good haul for very little effort on my part. I will play over the Holidays as I have the inclination and the time but now I'm going to go out and build some Christmas presents in the shop.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,279 posts

And in this late breaking story, the earthshattering news that water is wet, and fire is hot. Brought to you by the Bureau of Platitudes.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
838 posts
10,022 battles

While I agree with you and tend to not let the salt flow either, as I also enjoy this game greatly, I think this post and another one earlier are missing the point of why some people are so upset. First let’s be real, there are those that will be upset no matter what happens. But At least from my perspective, Yes, the grind should be hard for a tier 10 premium, absolutely.  But to say you can get this tier 10 for free and then later lay out a process to get it for free that in reality isn’t achievable at almost any level of gameplay is a little misleading to say the least.  I think from a business standpoint WG would have been better served to just come out and say you can’t get this for free, but here are some reasonably priced boosters to help you finish.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,234 posts
4,119 battles
5 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

While I agree with you and tend to not let the salt flow either, as I also enjoy this game greatly, I think this post and another one earlier are missing the point of why some people are so upset. First let’s be real, there are those that will be upset no matter what happens. But At least from my perspective, Yes, the grind should be hard for a tier 10 premium, absolutely.  But to say you can get this tier 10 for free and then later lay out a process to get it for free that in reality isn’t achievable at almost any level of gameplay is a little misleading to say the least.  I think from a business standpoint WG would have been better served to just come out and say you can’t get this for free, but here are some reasonably priced boosters to help you finish.

That would require them to be reasonably priced...24K for the ship would be one thing, or even 35K. 58K doubloons is in no way reasonable.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
838 posts
10,022 battles
1 minute ago, AJTP89 said:

That would require them to be reasonably priced...24K for the ship would be one thing, or even 35K. 58K doubloons is in no way reasonable.

Don’t disagree, but that’s a different point than what I was trying to make

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
196 posts
6,119 battles

Their own staff refuse to do it. That says a lot about them releasing it and expecting money from it.

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,596 posts
19,993 battles

Just finished the first directive, took around 40 games in COOP and bout 10 in Random, using mostly premium ships, special camo, and premium flags.

directivecomplete.JPG