You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Banished_Privateer

Toxic players in ranked games

17 comments in this topic

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,470 battles

There are so many, you can't possibly report them all throughout the day with 7 reports limit per day. Is anyone from WG Staff dealing with them and all the reports? Also what about baseless report spam from them (the toxic ones reporting everyone as well?). This seems just pointless and whenever you play rankeds, your karma just goes down, especially if your team loses. 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Aslain's Mod Pack->Disable Chat->Problem solved. Karma is meaningless so who cares what the pedantic [edited] who try slap you with it do to it.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,176 posts
22,489 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Aslain's Mod Pack->Disable Chat->Problem solved. Karma is meaningless so who cares what the pedantic [edited] who try slap you with it do to it.

This works just fine, so does the classic Gallic shrug. 

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,149 battles

People are more agitated because losing a game is losing a star. Reaching rank 1 is brutal this time around. I get pretty pissed when the team decides to stay together except 1 cruiser or BB goes off alone and dies. That basically loses the match for our team.

• Funny 1

[KNCOL]
Members
802 posts
1,876 battles
17 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

There are so many, you can't possibly report them all throughout the day with 7 reports limit per day. Is anyone from WG Staff dealing with them and all the reports? Also what about baseless report spam from them (the toxic ones reporting everyone as well?). This seems just pointless and whenever you play rankeds, your karma just goes down, especially if your team loses. 

Sssshhhh......you cant say anything negative about the community all they will do is either call you a snowflake, say game "x" is worst so I guess that makes things here ok or they will say not being able to tell someone to kill themselves is against freedom of speech

• Funny 1

Members
156 posts
2,940 battles

Maybe you should assess how salty you are, considering you run out of complaints before finishing your ranked for the day. That said, other people are salty as well, so it's best to not mind them and do your thing. If you get provoked by them, it may throw off your next games. Don't mind what other people say about you or report on you. Perfectly "normal" for ranked. I have yet to be flamed for poor play despite being a terrible DD a couple games. Maybe it's because I try to chat with the team and stay positive, idk. I do believe sometimes creating some sense of camaraderie helps in making for a more cohesive and less toxic team.

That said, the only time I'll lose my crapin ranked is if some guy costs the match by not being a team player. If the two DDs are a Harugumo and a Gearing, the Gearing should be the primary capper right? So when you and the rest of the team asks him to cap A and he replies "going C" then... yeah. 

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,470 battles
54 minutes ago, FoolieCoolie said:

Maybe you should assess how salty you are

Am I salty about people saying stuff like:

Spoiler

#^*$*$&# $&*$# $*#&*$ #*^$*&#^* ^$

applied the censorship there, for safety. But yes, people calling names, calling others [edited], [edited]** etc. Are you really sure about calling me salty for reporting that? 

[TIGRB]
Members
867 posts
16,657 battles

I Love toxic players! Reading the posts they write is funny as hell. I could care less about being called a name.  

Members
156 posts
3,430 battles

Hate to break it to you friend, but welcome to the internet. The composition of the internet is as follows:

50% toxic players

25% little kids

10% weebs

10% creepy old men

5% actual nice people

Edited by MuricanClassBattleship
  • Funny 2

[AK-49]
[AK-49]
Members
374 posts
7,514 battles

In the Ranked games? It's in nearly every match I play. Just typical combat-gamer community stuff. 

Edited by Aurora_7

Members
156 posts
2,940 battles
1 hour ago, Banished_Privateer said:

Am I salty about people saying stuff like:

Reveal hidden contents

#^*$*$&# $&*$# $*#&*$ #*^$*&#^* ^$

applied the censorship there, for safety. But yes, people calling names, calling others [edited], [edited]** etc. Are you really sure about calling me salty for reporting that? 

What I mean to admonish about is don't get too heated yourself. Maybe you aren't salty, but it just sounded like it to me in your original post. Nothing wrong with reporting toxic people, but I personally save reports only for the worst of the worst.

[-TKS-]
Members
828 posts
14,740 battles
3 hours ago, Spreadsheet_Cuck said:

People are more agitated because losing a game is losing a star. Reaching rank 1 is brutal this time around. I get pretty pissed when the team decides to stay together except 1 cruiser or BB goes off alone and dies. That basically loses the match for our team.

one ship should not lose you the match , a lemming train usually does.

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,149 battles
1 minute ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

one ship should not lose you the match , a lemming train usually does.

Every ranked game I won we mostly capped together. Throwing away a BB or Smolensk becaused they Yolo'd right at the start makes it pretty hard to win.

Members
220 posts
9,821 battles

Its not just ranked. I got a death threat earlier in a direct message after a match in my Smolensk (fire damage mission). I reported it of course and blacklisted him. (Crazy too given it was an enemy player and they won)