Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Illustratum_AEternam

Should I buy Sommers?

6 comments in this topic

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
754 posts
6,774 battles

Do you play any other ship classes Primace? I wouldn't grab a tier 10 DD if you aren't in the practice of using them.. I'm thinking I will be but after the snowflake event and other sources of steel this patch, I could look at the other more expensive ships too. 

Beta Testers
507 posts
10,432 battles
1 minute ago, Capn_Nugget said:

Do you play any other ship classes Primace? I wouldn't grab a tier 10 DD if you aren't in the practice of using them.. I'm thinking I will be but after the snowflake event and other sources of steel this patch, I could look at the other more expensive ships too. 

but there is no stalin CV, only DD, BB, CA so far

[-KIA-]
Beta Testers
170 posts
14,579 battles

This kind of depends on what your playstyle is concerning DD that you prefer.

Somers is if Shima and Gearing had a baby.

Somers is a torp boat by far that requires a playstyle of more finesse versus gun-ho Battlefield V high octane aggressive gameplay you can do with some gunboats. This really comes down to what you enjoy the most.

PROS:

Excellent torpedos with USN detection versus the not so stealth IJN for example

Good Concealment

USN DD smoke

Decent Torpedo reload

Decent guns to finish off low health targets only

CONS:

Somers's main gun reload is around double then Gearing or Fletcher (6 seconds vs 3 seconds Gearing for example). You do not want to run around like a gunboat in this ship picking fights against other gunboats.

Her AA is practically none existent where your crew throwing rocks will do more damage. You have no Def AA consumable, unlike Gearing or Fletcher that can give you somewhat of a chance. This is not a ship you want to be alone in with no support in a match with CV's.

This is mainly a torpedo boat so if you like gameplay like Shima and the other torps boats of the IJN line then you will like this ship.

My build I run with her on.

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASD510&modules=11111&upgrades=122223&commander=PCW001&skills=3223502850&ar=100&consumables=222

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 hour ago, Primace said:

with the current meta focus on 1 moskva = 2 DD

should I get sommers?

I don't play DD, I play CV

At this point, I wouldn't buy anything from Wargaming, frankly.

It's your money.  Do as you wish.  But it's probably better to let whatever emotional motivations subside and think hard about whether you want to do this.

Sign in to follow this