Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
anonym_Hf93Jbjm9WjT

Let's get our priorities straight!

17 comments in this topic

Members
4,302 posts

Puerto Rico and supermarket toddler tantrums about not being able to afford a toy on the shelf, are hardly worthy of our time. brat-e1526384162679-864x400_c.jpg

There are far more serious matters to discuss, and reasons to criticize the the development of WOWS, but the salty tears of spoilt players are not.

And for those that are upset to discover that Christmas is all about money, well if they are sincere, they can start by giving to those in need. As this is the NA server, here are a couple of lists of charities that spread happiness to those in need at this time of year

https://alma.app/blog/christmas-charity-organizations?keyword=best christmas charities&matchtype=b&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5vD6yuWw5gIVgvdRCh1ZVQQMEAAYASAAEgJpBfD_BwE

https://www.thespruce.com/charities-that-help-children-at-christmas-3129334

personally, I like the sound of Toys for Tots, even though I am not resident in NA. but I'll find a local charity for where I am, a cat&dog shelter, probably. 

So, rather than waste your money and time on WOWS, spend it on a worthy charity, and show you understand the meaning of giving.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,786 posts

You even manage to bury the headline of "share your good fortune this holiday season" under a massive and inaccurate insult against the rest of the playerbase.

Absolutely not a shock given the source, but still.

• Cool 3

[TARK]
Members
6,913 posts
2,612 battles
10 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Puerto Rico and supermarket toddler tantrums about not being able to afford a toy on the shelf, are hardly worthy of our time

So...you are ok with the lies (Gorizia is cheaper in work than PEF) and the blatant sunk cost fallacy marketing?

I just lost a lot of respect for you.

I, personally, am planning to spend my Christmas money on a different (and better) naval warfare game.

0 posts
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I just lost a lot of respect for you.

I can live with that, if I lose respect because of this subject.

I, personally, am planning to spend my Christmas money on a different (and better) naval warfare game.

Good for you, have fun!

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

So...you are ok with the lies (Gorizia is cheaper in work than PEF) and the blatant sunk cost fallacy marketing?

I am disinterested in such matters, I have other concerns about WOWS.

[MARE]
Members
76 posts
1 minute ago, LoveBote said:

I am disinterested in such matters, I have other concerns about WOWS.

Well, perhaps other players can be forgiven for having a different opinion.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,078 posts
8,206 battles

Oh piss off, people are allowed to focus on their own joy. Your attempt at being holier than thou just makes you look like a [edited]. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
29,602 posts
8,679 battles

So...you are ok with the lies (Gorizia is cheaper in work than PEF)

Whoa, did WG actually say that??

and the blatant sunk cost fallacy marketing?

I don't approve of it, but it doesn't affect me, so it would be hypocritical to complain.

Which one? I'm always up for trying something new.

I know you aren't talking about "the game that can't be named", otherwise, as far as money grubbing, you'd be jumping from the frying pan into the fire....

• Cool 1

0 posts
1 minute ago, SkaerKrow said:

Oh piss off, people are allowed to focus on their own joy. Your attempt at being holier than thou just makes you look like a [edited]. 

People don't sound very joyful/ :Smile_child:

2 minutes ago, Guderian51 said:

Well, perhaps other players can be forgiven for having a different opinion.

People don't need to be forgiven for holding a different opinion. Which I hope means, I don't need your forgiveness for making an OP that people disagree with.

• Cool 1

[NFE]
Members
360 posts
3,238 battles

Maybe we've discovered the real reason that gameplay has suffered in recent months: People are much more concerned with getting shiny new toys than they are with winning, or improving their play.

I suspected it all along, but the complaints about Puerto Rico confirm it, imho.

[TARK]
Members
6,913 posts
2,612 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I don't approve of it, but it doesn't affect me, so it would be hypocritical to complain.

Which one? I'm always up for trying something new.

I know you aren't talking about "the game that can't be named", otherwise, as far as money grubbing, you'd be jumping from the frying pan into the fire....

Yup.

Go check out reddit for the dumpster fire that started. People there have posted spreadsheets showing just how wrong the statement is (differences of hundreds to THOUSANDS of percent difference). Its not a small lie or a thing you could get confused. 

Gorizia is an order of magnitude harder to grind than PEF...and Mr. Conway stated it was easier.

I'm planning to pick up War in the Pacific, Admirals Edition.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,786 posts
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Yes.  They said that, as if it were the most true thing in the world.

It's not.

It's so utterly untrue, so utterly false, that it leaves WG with only bad options for claiming it's true.   Are they deliberately lying? Are they painfully unaware of what the Directive missions actually entail?  Are they that disconnected from the reality of playing the game that they think these are "easy" missions? 

[APEZ]
Members
67 posts
8,679 battles

The reason im pissed at wargaming is not because they introduced a ship that is ludicrously hard to get. Its because they blantatly lied to the player base in the patch notes. "Don’t want to spend any doubloons on boosters to finish building Puerto Rico on time? It’s entirely possible to build Puerto Rico using only the boosters available for Shipbuilding Tokens." THey frame it as though it is possible but once you read the directives, it isn't possible. This is what is pissing me off. If they decided to hide puerto rico behind the Research Beurau and said you had to reset lines to get it, id be fine with that. But they didn't and they have ended up just lying to us. It makes me really question a company that will just flat out lie to its customers. I really do like this game and i would hate to see it torn apart by lies. 

0 posts
10 minutes ago, Dmal said:

It makes me really question a company that will just flat out lie to its customers. I really do like this game and i would hate to see it torn apart by lies.

Wargaming products have always had trust issues, many online so called free2play games do. They share their marketing techniques, and in an industry that is poorly regulated, World of Warships is frankly, average. *

But I too, like this game rather a lot, and have spent many years involved with it. I am realistic, WOWS will survive many years yet, with or without, what you and others describe as lies, with or without, us.

Sign in to follow this