Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
reza577

You think the player base is mad now? wait till january 13th

50 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

157
[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,686 battles

Most casual players won't read forums, so most of the player base is thinking:

i pay for the first 6k doubloon boost and then grind the rest

But the grind is so hard that the casual players can't complete it. so in january the 13th, when puerto rico goes away,(and the player base has completed 90% of the dockyard), they will lose their 6k doubloons and NOT EVEN GET THE SHIP LOL. 

Can't wait to see the backlash on forum posts on january 13th.

  • Cool 15
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,444
[ARGSY]
Members
20,619 posts
14,702 battles

Using the first booster and sitting back on your butt is just enough, according to calculations I made last night, to get you to the threshold where they offer you insta-completion for a large chunk of doubloons.

Now, whether this is the same sized chunk as all the people who bought her on day one paid, by buying all three boosters and advancing to that threshold instantly (instead of over three and three quarter weeks) I do not know. But if it IS that same sized chunk, then those people tossed 18K doubloons down the drain for the sake of instant gratification. And I actually don't feel sorry for them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
29 posts
4,545 battles

I tried to convince my friend not to buy the booster but he's convinced he can do it. To be fair he isn't buying the dubs so it's not costing him anything. Just dubs he's collected over time.

I tried to get him to just save it or buy a skin for one of his TX ships. He's determined he'll get the PR so good luck I guess.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,686 battles
6 minutes ago, leablobotamist said:

I tried to convince my friend not to buy the booster but he's convinced he can do it. To be fair he isn't buying the dubs so it's not costing him anything. Just dubs he's collected over time.

I tried to get him to just save it or buy a skin for one of his TX ships. He's determined he'll get the PR so good luck I guess.

yap, that's the target audience whos going to be mad because they grinded 95% of the shipyard and still didn't get the PR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,922
[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,218 battles

I bet that WG is expecting people that bought only one or two boosters to open their wallet again to get the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28
[FFLY]
Members
183 posts
13,957 battles

I was going to buy enough doubloons to get the first two boosters today but when I read something on Reddit about how many directives you still have to complete.   I also was going to buy several packs of santa crates this year to get closer to some of the removed ships but that is out also.  This ship is not worth this much trouble

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
157
[-N-]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,686 battles

i think the player base is quite mad now, so i dunno about january.

I dont think it can get any worse lol

Edited by reza577

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,538
[PQUOD]
Members
2,386 posts
5,096 battles

I don't think WG cares. Ranting on their forums isn't exactly exposing them for the lying scoundrels they are. It's contained here. No real damage done.

Plenty of people out there unaware they are spending money on a ship they won't get.

Caveat emptor. Specially with this company.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
1 minute ago, xalmgrey said:

I don't think WG cares. Ranting on their forums isn't exactly exposing them for the lying scoundrels they are. It's contained here. No real damage done.

Plenty of people out there unaware they are spending money on a ship they won't get.

Caveat emptor. Specially with this company.

Yeah. WoWS is better than WoT by many orders of magnitude in this regard, but it is still WG. They have a reputation for being comically greedy and slightly sketchy to maintain, and it's a time-honored tradition at that. Remember, for years WoT was flat-out, unambiguously pay-to-win, and to this day it still mostly is through Premiums and the horrific grind if you're a free-to-play player. I made peace with this many years ago when I decided to play their games anyway, but it's always a thing I warn friends about when I convince them to join.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
420
[POOII]
Members
474 posts
2,798 battles

They have already said they will be offering it again, they will end up putting it in the shop, my guess is it will be the next Ohio. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,018
[POP]
Members
4,446 posts
11,577 battles
5 minutes ago, Slumlord_Dasboot said:

They have already said they will be offering it again, they will end up putting it in the shop, my guess is it will be the next Ohio. 

Definitely. Either RB points, tons of steel, or a giant pile of coal that will make thunderer look cheap. Alternatively it could get added to the santa crates (although I doubt it as it would be the first t10 added, although it will also be the first limited availability t10 pulled from in game) for the low price of enough money to get a ship that will invariably have a worse drop rate than Missouri. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,880
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,721 battles
48 minutes ago, reza577 said:

i think the player base is quite mad now, so i dunno about january.

I dont think it can get any worse lol

There is quite a bit of the player base that hasn't been heard from yet. I remember AlabamaGate, the Graf Zep Debacle, and a few other times where torches & pitchforks were brought out... It can get worse....... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
906 posts
3,533 battles
56 minutes ago, reza577 said:

i think the player base is quite mad now, so i dunno about january.

I dont think it can get any worse lol

Most people here aren't out $50 for nothing. Rather they're complaining about how all this content is worthless being impossible to do without spending huge money AND time. 

The people who lose money for nothing when construction comes up short to extort them are going to be a whole other level of rage. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,011
Members
2,439 posts
5,397 battles

What the hell makes this ship so special? I see nothing that pops out “omg I need it” when I see it. Just another super cruiser with 1 extra turret. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
428
[FOXEH]
Members
1,909 posts
11,878 battles
7 hours ago, Banished_Privateer said:

10kg of popcorn ready for the 13th January :cap_popcorn:

Come on, Man, you can't make popcorn that far in advance....

Popcorn has to be HOT when you eat it...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,018
[POP]
Members
4,446 posts
11,577 battles
3 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

Come on, Man, you can't make popcorn that far in advance....

Popcorn has to be HOT when you eat it...

The rage will reheat it, and there will be more than enough salt to flavor it

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,692
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,786 posts
3 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

What the hell makes this ship so special? I see nothing that pops out “omg I need it” when I see it. Just another super cruiser with 1 extra turret. 

I cared more about the Steel so I could get the Flint.

Just figured I'd get PR at that point since I'd be a couple steps away.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
289
[RLGN]
Members
857 posts
6,721 battles
16 hours ago, reza577 said:

But the grind is so hard that the casual players can't complete it. so in january the 13th, when puerto rico goes away,(and the player base has completed 90% of the dockyard), they will lose their 6k doubloons and NOT EVEN GET THE SHIP LOL. 

 

16 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I bet that WG is expecting people that bought only one or two boosters to open their wallet again to get the ship.

Yep, they're hoping that between fear of missing out and sunk cost fallacy everyone who bought a couple boosters will pay outright.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
236 posts
16 hours ago, reza577 said:

Most casual players won't read forums, so most of the player base is thinking:

i pay for the first 6k doubloon boost and then grind the rest

But the grind is so hard that the casual players can't complete it. so in january the 13th, when puerto rico goes away,(and the player base has completed 90% of the dockyard), they will lose their 6k doubloons and NOT EVEN GET THE SHIP LOL. 

Can't wait to see the backlash on forum posts on january 13th.

It will be priceless. The 90% that don't participate in any of the community information channels beyond official WG maskerovka are going to need a lot of Preparation H. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×