You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SpaceHyena

175k coal for one commander?

10 comments in this topic

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,023 battles

wth? wg is dying so you guys want overprice everthing before die?
this overpriced is no sense.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles

It is a free captain, it isn't like you are opening your wallet. It's your coal spend it as you wish but you could have gotten him for free.

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,375 battles
7 minutes ago, ErnstMach said:

If he's referring to lutjens, then no, we did not have the opportunity to get him for free. 

I get coal all the time for free. It is in the resource containers as well as other places. It doesn't take all that long to build up. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NSC]
Members
39 posts
5,347 battles
Just now, Admiral_Andy said:

I get coal all the time for free. It is in the resource containers as well as other places. It doesn't take all that long to build up. 

I do too, but every other commander had the chance to be earned without dropping ship-sized piles of coal....

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,023 battles

54 minutes ago, ErnstMach said:

If he's referring to lutjens, then no, we did not have the opportunity to get him for free. 

yep, this one

waaaaaay overpriced to 175k coal... "you can get coal for free" common its 175k price, not 50~75k, for a commander...

[NSC]
Members
39 posts
5,347 battles
3 minutes ago, KHyena said:

yep, this one

waaaaaay overpriced to 175k coal... "you can get coal for free" common its 175k price, not 50~75k, for a commander...

Precisely, I can get a top tier coal ship using the coupon for around the same price they're selling him for. Even when regularly accumulating free coal this is a multi-month grind for a captain that in previous years would be available via an independent collection or campaign, where I didn't need to worry about diverting resources from ships. 

[UEFN]
Members
1,339 posts
23,249 battles

the thing is, even if they priced the captain at 300K coals, there's still plenty of people with disposable coals would buy it, just so they could feel special to have one. The majority of the players wouldn't have wasted so much coals on the snake-oil salesman, but the higher the selling price, the more special and rare it would become.   Just take a look at theT10 DD somers price, plenty of people ponied up the steep steel price to get it.  LOL

Edited by Xcalib3r

Beta Testers
238 posts
5,916 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

It is a free captain, it isn't like you are opening your wallet. It's your coal spend it as you wish but you could have gotten him for free.

Even if its a free captain it doesnt excuse the price, you can get a t10  premium ship for this price.

the most expensive coal commanders are going for 35k now they arbitrarily make this one 5 times more expensive. Insult to injury this is a German commander, the nation that has almost no special commander worth going for and the first  one we get is a choice between a Thunderer with coupon or tthe new lad.

This on top of the "festive" directive WG is losing their minds.