You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

91 comments in this topic

[POOII]
Members
474 posts
2,802 battles

We're all insulted, join the club. If they want to sell a ship, sell a ship. What makes people so mad is how they hide it behind a grind not even an unemployed teen could manage. They knew full well its not reasonable, so why not just make the T7 the ship you buid, and sell the t10 outright for cash in the cash shop...

I'm so sick of their dishonestly. Removing ships under the guise of "OP' just so they can sell rigged loot boxes.

Enough is enough. 

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts
9 minutes ago, CaptainDemonic said:

Careful what you post. They don't like dissension and will send you to the prison camps. They don't like to hear the masses speak their opinions.

Image result for governments afraid people

• Cool 10

[TBF]
Members
58 posts
1,547 battles

As I said on the WoT forum a few times, hookers and blow don't pay for themselves.  That said I could see the writing on the wall about a year ago in paying attention to details on the sales they were making.  Currently WG seems to just be in a cash grab state when I look at things here, as well as WoT, and WoWp.  Which in turn raises serious questions as to why.  Is it simply out of control greed, or something more too it. 

0 posts
5 minutes ago, HouseDevils said:

Christmas is about family, apparently now its all about money:cap_old:

understanding the latter is part of being an adult. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles
10 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

understanding the latter is part of being an adult. 

It’s amazing how few there are on the forum, judging by how many people apparently think WG owes them something.

edit - lol @ all the “boring” emotes. So many children who think a for-profit company should be making freebies easier to get. Genuinely wonder which way they’d vote if they were old enough. Holy crap, bills and rent are going to come as a real shock.

Edited by Harathan
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 11

[O_O]
Members
6,559 posts
15,568 battles
16 minutes ago, HouseDevils said:

WG - "Holidays is about giving and family?  We'll give you grind to do.  Be sure to bring money.  And this year...WG is your family and you spend it with us.  Your family?  Nyet.  No time for them.  Now get busy.  Don't forget the money."

• Funny 1

[TARK]
Members
6,913 posts
2,612 battles
11 minutes ago, Harathan said:

It’s amazing how few there are on the forum, judging by how many people apparently think WG owes them something.

edit - lol @ all the “boring” emotes. So many children who think a for-profit company should be making freebies easier to get. Genuinely wonder which way they’d vote if they were old enough.

As a father, in favor of regulating gambling companies like WG...and prison time for failure to comply with the regulations.

Want to know how other adults feel about predators preying on our neighbors?

• Cool 1

[KENT]
Members
258 posts
5,364 battles
9 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Lives is a capitalist country... doesn’t like capitalism.

Seems legit.

The way capitalism works is by putting money in the hands of the consumer. And those consumers will only put up with bull like this for so long. In fact, capitalism will combat this terrible decision because people have the power to vote with their wallets and hit these companies where it hurts. That is the beauty of capitalism imo

• Cool 2

[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles

“For-profit company, you should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to make money, even tho that’s literally how my country functions! Where’s my free stuff?”

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles
1 minute ago, mcgibe said:

The way capitalism works is by putting money in the hands of the consumer. 

You really must be a child if you really believe this is true. 

80% of wealth in the US is held by 20% of the population, using 2018 figures. That’s how capitalism works. And that’s getting worse, not better.

• Boring 4

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,904 posts
8,457 battles
17 minutes ago, Harathan said:

edit - lol @ all the “boring” emotes. So many children who think a for-profit company should be making freebies easier to get. Genuinely wonder which way they’d vote if they were old enough. Holy crap, bills and rent are going to come as a real shock.

Other free to play games are also doing extended missions for nice end game content. Star Trek Online for example has a mission for a top tier ship and missions that only require a few minutes each day for a lot shorter time period. Last I checked Star Trek Online is also a for profit company.

• Cool 2

[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles
7 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

As a father, in favor of regulating gambling companies like WG...and prison time for failure to comply with the regulations.

Want to know how other adults feel about predators preying on our neighbors?

You think it’s predatory for a business to make money from the public?

Fascinating. 

• Boring 1

[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles
8 minutes ago, 1nv4d3rZ1m said:

Other free to play games are also doing extended missions for nice end game content. Star Trek Online for example has a mission for a top tier ship and missions that only require a few minutes each day for a lot shorter time period. Last I checked Star Trek Online is also a for profit company.

STO throws out T6 ships like they’re confetti. The current offer is hardly noteworthy, but it’s just as grind heavy for casuals as the PR is and even if you miss out you can get three T6 starships for the price of one WoWs ship. Different business models, different player base, notably in how there’s far less whining on the STO forum from people demanding a hand-out.

Edited by Harathan

[KENT]
Members
258 posts
5,364 battles
1 minute ago, Harathan said:

You really must be a child if you really believe this is true. 

80% of wealth in the US is held by 20% of the population, using 2018 figures. That’s how capitalism works. And that’s getting worse, not better.

I actually live in Canada and we don't have nearly as large of a wealth gap. United states is more of an oligarchy than a capitalist society because there's not a whole lot of competition in quite a few markets. The majority of citizens in Canada are middle class and could afford a game. And that same number of people who have 50% of the money (in canada) pay 50% more of the taxes in canada. Country context is important.

Like I said. Capitalism is designed to put power in the hands of the consumer. It's definetely not perfect, but we never had to put walls up to keep our people in.

• Cool 2

[APES]
Members
1,489 posts
8,671 battles
9 minutes ago, Harathan said:

“For-profit company, you should be ashamed of yourselves for trying to make money, even tho that’s literally how my country functions! Where’s my free stuff?”

Many people believe everything should be unregulated, but that is easy to say when you live in a country with heavy regulation protecting you.  Go to a third world country and try to buy things and you will eventually get ripped off.  Nobody is against capitalism.  Put the ship up for sale and let demand dictate the price.  In any other industry, these practices are in fact illegal.  In fact, legal gambling is heavily regulated so that companies do not cheat consumers.  Legislature just hasn't caught up to technology.  It's a new frontier so to speak.  Virtual items and virtual gambling do not fall under current regulation. 

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,123 posts
36 minutes ago, HouseDevils said:

Where do you live? In America, Christmas has been about money at least all of my lifetime, some 60 plus years.

"Every Kiss Begins With Kay" suggests that every woman is a prostitute and only will exchange "affection" for pretty baubles, which are actually worthless trinkets made rare artificially by the De Beers company because they buy up mines to create a monopoly and label non-De Beers diamonds as "blood diamonds." And don't forget the kids, who are expecting whatever toy is being marketed as the "must-have" this year and have learned to whine incessantly until they get their way.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Cool 4

[WOLFG]
Members
29,602 posts
8,679 battles
45 minutes ago, ChadwickTheUnicorn said:

I have played this game since 2015, through controversial changes like the removal of open-water stealth firing, and divisive new ships like Belfast and Saipan. I didn't like everything, but I at least felt that you were changing things because they wanted the game to be better. What a complete fool I was. With the shipyard, you've told us all that you see us as nothing more than wallets.

They can change the game for the better, and see us as nothing but wallets. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

I was disappointed when I didn't have enough free time to get Benham earlier this year. Looking at the directives for Puerto Rico I am downright insulted. What do you think we are, Wargaming? Do you think your playerbase is made up of mindless drones who sit at their computers for 15+ hours a day? Do you think one single person is happy to grind multiple t10s from scratch to complete a single directive? Of course you don't. You just want money: money from people who grind for weeks to realize they can't finish the ship unless they pay tens of thousands of dubloons, money from the tiny minority of the playerbase that's willing to drop hundreds of dollars on a single ship outright, money from the people who might fall for the outright lie that Puerto Rico is somehow obtainable as a free player. You know perfectly well that that is impossible. You can say whatever you want about dedication, or spout of whatever nonsense excuses about Gorizia you can think of. Do you really think anybody at all is fooled by your claims of generosity in giving us a Zara with hydro that took one person in the WG office all of 10 minutes to design, while locking Puerto Rico behind a grind that professional streamers say even they couldn't manage?

They could certainly be more forthcoming about what is expected of you.

I am insulted that you think so little of me, that you expect me to be so gullible as to fall for your pathetic deceit

Don't be, it's not personal, they don't expect you to be gullible, just a bunch of random players.

You might as well be insulted by "coffee is hot" warnings.

[WOLFD]
Members
3,365 posts
3,902 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

If only it wasn’t needed in the first place.

[WOLFG]
Members
29,602 posts
8,679 battles
4 minutes ago, Harathan said:

I honestly think the world would be a better place if those warnings were needed because people genuinely might not know....

[KENT]
Members
258 posts
5,364 battles
6 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Don't think this is a good analogy. As a customer who plays a game and has payed before, I am completely in my right to expect to be treated fairly. I am completely in my right to speak out against a cash grab that will definitely continue if people like me don't voice their disapproval. It's not that the coffee is hot, it's that you have to come every day to the coffee shop for 10 hours a day to get a premium coffee. In that case, I'll take the regular.

8 minutes ago, Harathan said:

It is. People can complain. That's what an opinion is