Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jester_of_War

My Holiday Fantasy...

3 comments in this topic

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles

...is to live in a world where the Grind to get the Puerto Rico was not so... I don't even know what to say...

Fortunately I don't really care about Cruisers so I will, in fact be living in that world. :cap_horn:

I had enough of Wargaming's excessive expectations in getting the Benham. Getting the Puerto Rico is completely irrelevant to me, which saves me a lot of time/misery/stress/etc.

But I think I will still get a lot of Warships loot this holiday season. I am going to be out of town for a week and a half, and I have a family and full-time job, nevertheless I think I will be able to fairly easily get the following in the game for free (ie no money... time is another thing...):

• a lot of Snowflakes (Coal and Steel) & T10 Containers -- winning is easy in co-op (I'll be YOLO'ing a lot of ships as fast as possible)
  • Several days of Premium Time (Shipbuilding containers, Daily Shipments, Shipbuilding Phase Rewards, Shipbuilding collection, etc.) This is nice for those of us who don't normally have Premium Time.
  • More Steel from Ranked (easy to focus on when I'm not distracted by the Puerto Rico grind)
  • The Gorizia Premium Cruiser (just complete the first 3 Directives)
  • Once I have the Gorizia I will still have a week or so after vacation to grind the four chains of combat missions that reward 2 T8 Permacamos, some more containers (more Premium Time I hope!!!) and even some T6 Tech Tree unlocks (I'll finally have a CV I can use to complete other missions).

Is this all accurate? Can y'all let me know if I missed anything or am I wrong about any of this. Especially about the special Gorizia missions -- will we be able to complete those missions after we get the free Gorizia?

Edited by Jester_of_War

[_RNG_]
Members
787 posts
8,525 battles

As I look into this further, I am starting to realize I might be wrong. It looks like the requirements for just the first three Directives -- which is what rewards you the Gorizia -- are actually pretty high.

It might take close to 20 hours of game play (60+) games per directive. With major holiday time in the next few weeks, I may not be able to play 60 or more hours to get the Gorizia and then another several hours (maybe 10 hours or more?) to actually win the two Tier 8 permacammos. Oh well.

I originally started this thread to offer some hope to those of us who have no possible chance of getting the Puerto Rico. At least there are other prizes that are not so far out of reach. Turns out even the "easy" stuff is a substantial grind.

Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. It seems there really isn't much place for optimism in this event.

At least I can focus on the usual Tech Tree grind to level up my ships. And there probably will be a lot of incremental rewards along the way (flags, cammos, coal, XP, etc.). That will be nice!

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
6 posts
7,980 battles

Your 'realization arc' mirrors that of a lot of us.  I knew having spent time on the PTS that the PR was going to be out of reach for me, but even so I was shocked at how far out of reach.  I consoled myself that I would just go get the T7 Italian cruiser, only to note as you did that even that is looking like more work than I may be able to do.  I will be travelling part of this holiday, so time's limited.

Normally pricing issues do not get to me - some things are just too expensive and that's fine.  What chafes is how this all is so hidden behind a smoke screen of complexity.  It all makes WG look so bad; terrible optics. 

Sign in to follow this