You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
inory_

A hypothesis for this pr grind

11 comments in this topic

[AWSL]
Members
4 posts
6,507 battles

Is it possible that wg is trying to increase people's expectation for griding by intentionally pissing players off, then reduce the grinding for a percentage, but still much higher than the past griding?

I just can't figure how a rational human being would think this grind is okay and will not get a backlash, and we after have seen such stupidity with the NTC.

[LSNB]
Members
1,608 posts
4,444 battles

Possibly trying to lower our expectation, yes, but people are inevitably gonna point it out and spark an outrage. But then, a lot of people don't research these topics...

[-KAK-]
Members
596 posts
11,169 battles
6 minutes ago, inory_ said:

I just can't figure how a rational human being would think this grind is okay and will not get a backlash, and we after have seen such stupidity with the NTC.

2019 has not been WG's year. First the CV rework debacle, then the NTC, now Puerto Rico...

If there's one thing I've learned this year, it's that WG seemingly operates in a void outside of normal considerations. Either that, or they have it in for their PR department.

[1IF]
Alpha Tester
196 posts
6,119 battles

Yes. They do the same thing for pricing and then people delude themselves into thinking they are getting a great deal.

[AWSL]
Members
4 posts
6,507 battles
11 minutes ago, destawaits said:

Possibly trying to lower our expectation, yes, but people are inevitably gonna point it out and spark an outrage. But then, a lot of people don't research these topics...

I mean it's not about people who research these topics

and these people might not even try to pay 59000 dbl for pr

people who already paid 59000 might also not mind the grind since they got money

they are targeting the players in the middle: can grind, but also can afford a bit for pr

so they first start an outrage, then solve it by lowering either the completion price or directive requirement, or both, potentially

and eventually lower people's expectations, especially players that put some effort into, and also maybe willing to pay a little bit.

[AWSL]
Members
4 posts
6,507 battles
1 minute ago, Steeler_Nation_USA said:

I seriously think NO ONE AT WG did the calculations. This screams of Lazy/Arrogant dart throwing. 

but then, an international company would do such a stupid expectation is beyond imaginable, which makes me think there's a bigger conspiracy behind it

Members
121 posts

In my best Rod Serling voice from Twilight Zone. "Picture if you will an employee of WGing in charge of writing the Puerto Rico Directives getting a pink slip for Xmas" Television begins to focus.....

Edited by KAPTAIN_KAOS_OBERMEISTER

Members
42 posts
7,257 battles

This is a tough decision for me huh. Either five AAA games( damn I can buy a copy of cyberpunk for my entire squad of gamer friends) or some mediocre tier X bote that is painfully obvious inferior to the Stalin

• Cool 1

[AWSL]
Members
4 posts
6,507 battles
1 minute ago, SakuraMinamotoKaiNi said:

This is a tough decision for me huh. Either five AAA games( damn I can buy a copy of cyberpunk for my entire squad of gamer friends) or some mediocre tier X bote that is painfully obvious inferior to the Stalin

Why is that a tough decision, donating your money to charity is better than buying pr:fish_palm:

Edited by inory_

Members
42 posts
7,257 battles
2 hours ago, inory_ said:

Why is that a tough decision, donating your money to charity is better than buying pr:fish_palm:

I am not sure if ur actually being serious with that question or not, but yea I was gonna have a 400 bucks budget for this year's containers. After seeing the changes to the crates and the stupid pr grind imma just throw it all to azur lane and [edited].