Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kuckoo

What Are You Doing, WG?

32 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

I'm 100% for commerce.  If you have a product and service for sale that people want or need, then by all means, sell it, at whatever price the market will bear (though personally, I think your prices are egregious, but I digress...).

But did you really have to introduce a theoretically-possible-but-practically-impossible-to-complete directive?  Just to frustrate people into either spending doubloons or buying the PR outright anyway?  Do you really not see why people would be p_ssed about this?

A shiny new WG premium at artificially inflated prestige pricing.  Fine.  That's nothing new.  But the new directive is a joke that blatantly insults your users.  It was completely unnecessary.

Edited by Kuckoo
  • Cool 9

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles

To be fair, WG is giving players 5 days to run the numbers and figure out that the grind is either too expensive or practically impossible.  

If you're "duped" after that time, you deserve it.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Agree.

Poor choice of words.  Changed.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
580 posts
7,393 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

To be fair, WG is giving players 5 days to run the numbers and figure out that the grind is either too expensive or practically impossible.  

They present it as easy, its sunk cost fallacy, not everyone who plays this game will read the fine print. The directives even scale to the point of being difficult, to ludicrous. The math is intentionally confusing.

You are saying that getting duped is on the consumer, I guess you would prefer your other stores surprise you st the register, or present their goods in confusing fashion. 5 pennies per stitch etc, 1 penny per gram, 

[USCC]
Members
3,010 posts
13,776 battles

With all the other trinkets we get with this event, I believe WG has made a choice to exclude the majority of players from PR, in favor of the whales.
They know the huge whales will dig deep and volley up the cash, and they're right, many have.
The rest of us... are SOL.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles
9 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

The directives even scale to the point of being difficult, to ludicrous.

IMO the first Directive is ludicrous, so the rest should be no surprise on that score.

10 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

I guess you would prefer your other stores surprise you st the register, or present their goods in confusing fashion. 5 pennies per stitch etc, 1 penny per gram, 

Not a very relevant analogy.  At the register, you can say, "Forget it" since there's no sunk cost.

[GLF]
Members
580 posts
7,393 battles
7 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

With all the other trinkets we get with this event, I believe WG has made a choice to exclude the majority of players from PR, in favor of the whales.
They know the huge whales will dig deep and volley up the cash, and they're right, many have.

I have no issue with the cost. Just the marketing. I don't care if its 200 dollars, but I have an issue with the method.

I have alaska and stalingrad, so this ship isnt a bid deal to me, and I wasn't going to worry about buying it or grinding it. I was interested in the gorizia missions and those free t6s and perm camos just for the credits, but I'll just take that for free instead. They can turn off the servers whenever they like. I wont support them anymore.

[-K-]
Members
8,388 posts
14,391 battles
15 minutes ago, SpudZero said:

Thing is, it doesn't really bother me.  It's just an Alaska-class cruiser with an extra turret.  Nothing special or spicy.

Let the whales have their shiny new toy.  Their helping keep the lights on too.

[GLF]
Members
580 posts
7,393 battles
4 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

IMO the first Directive is ludicrous, so the rest should be no surprise on that score.

Not a very relevant analogy.  At the register, you can say, "Forget it" since there's no sunk cost.

You are saying it's on the consumer for not figuring out the math.

I'm saying would you like that shopping experience? Would you go to a grocery store and not like knowing the cost without a spreadsheet? Frustrating at best.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles
Just now, MinkeWhale said:

Yep.  The information is available.  If the consumer chooses to supply his own facts, that's on him.  Rather like a EULA. <gd;r>

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts
6 minutes ago, MinkeWhale said:

I'm saying would you like that shopping experience? Would you go to a grocery store and not like knowing the cost without a spreadsheet? Frustrating at best.

It is up to the person who is paying the money, to make sure that they understand what they are getting in exchange.

If they don't, that's ok, they should seek clarification before they agree to the exchange though.  This applies to life in general.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,279 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

Yep.  The information is available.  If the consumer chooses to supply his own facts, that's on him.  Rather like a EULA. <gd;r>

And that strategy works, once. You made a sale but there is no way that customer will do business with you again. And that customer has friends, who now won't do business with you even once because they heard about your deceptive practices.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,070 posts
4,661 battles
4 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

And that strategy works, once. You made a sale but there is no way that customer will do business with you again. And that customer has friends, who now won't do business with you even once because they heard about your deceptive practices.

Deceptive practices?  Where?  Seriously.

[USCC]
Members
3,010 posts
13,776 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Thing is, it doesn't really bother me.  It's just an Alaska-class cruiser with an extra turret.  Nothing special or spicy.

Let the whales have their shiny new toy.  Their helping keep the lights on too.

What bothers me is that it should be available for everyone to get within a reasonable amount of work and coin, but that's not what they've done. 
In the stream today one of the guys playing was asked if he is going to complete directive 7, he chuckled and said no.

When all is said and done, I'll have PR in my port, I'm already invested now, and I can grind just as well as the next guy, and in the end whatever that button shows I have to spend in doubloons I'll pull the trigger then.
But completing all of those directives more than likely won't happen, and many people have already bought the 3 dub boosters and have no idea that it's not enough, and more than likely they'll be short and not get the PR.
That's a lot of dubs down the drain for them, and it didn't have to be this way if WG had just made it fair for everyone.

[TARK]
Members
6,903 posts
2,609 battles
14 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Deceptive practices?  Where?  Seriously.

The grind for the Gorizia is less than the grind for the PEF.

In case you didnt know, that lie was stated by WG.

• Cool 1

[GLF]
Members
580 posts
7,393 battles
1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

The grind for the Gorizia is less than the grind for the PEF.

In case you didnt know, that lie was stated by WG.

Not to mention presenting it as an entirely doable free grind, only to get people into sunk cost territory.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,772 posts
53 minutes ago, TheMadPizzler said:

My guess is the crew who came up with the original NTC program were assigned to the Puerto Rico project.

Results are the same.

Yeap, the second time about 6 months that they've tried this kind of stunt.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,048 posts
11,729 battles
45 minutes ago, Tyberius_D said:

I'm kinda hoping the community hang WG on this one.

they already are

Sign in to follow this