Sign in to follow this  
Balon_Greyjoy

Solution for Dockyard/PR Angst

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I shudder to think the grind WG would put in place for bacon.

But then we'd end up with ground bacon, and that's not Good Eats...

Matt

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,130 posts
4,661 battles
5 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I shudder to think the grind WG would put in place for bacon.

500 games in Mutsuki.

The sad part is, I might actually do it.

[-K-]
Members
8,395 posts
14,443 battles

I thought the solution was to not do it at all....

• Cool 1

[TBW]
Members
10,366 posts
17,639 battles

It will be in the Christmas crates next year. Until then we have Bacon. Why do people want this ship so bad that it ruins their day?

[SALVO]
Members
2,201 posts
6,279 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

It will be in the Christmas crates next year. Until then we have Bacon. Why do people want this ship so bad that it ruins their day?

1. The way this was advertised caused the biggest problem.  WG on their website had a lot of poor word choice.   They used words like "entirely possible"  and " simply complete directives".  When in actual fact in order to make the deadlines you have to do what amounts to multiple grinds from T1 to T10 within the time span of  3 days.  To activate the boosters on time. 

2. It is a T10 premium. 

3. The dockyard / ship building mechanic Looks really fun. People wanted to participate and have a ship build for them. 

4. The price on the doubloon boosters. Having to spend up to 24k doubloon and still having to grind. Or having to spend 59K doubloons to buy it outright. ( BTW first T10 sold for purely doubloons without any game play requirements) . 

Edited by eviltane
  • Cool 3

[CVA16]
Members
5,436 posts
16,488 battles
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Why do people want this ship so bad that it ruins their day?

I'm not too upset. Just glad a lot of people have run the numbers for me so I know it isn't worth putting any effort into. The whole "build-a-ship" thing was a cool concept that I might have started grinding otherwise. There are snowflakes to collect and  I might buy a crate or two. Not going to let this ruin my Christmas. There is life outside WOWS too.

Many thanks to all those that did the math.

Of course it helps that the PR is not Stalingrad levels of OP so I really don't feel I am missing out by not having it in my port.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

[DJL]
Members
224 posts
6,767 battles

People was expecting to have a fun enjoyable event. Playing the game get a t10 ship was told oh yea it's free and simple. 

Then on release it went from simple to simply f:etc_swear:ing crazy and wg has not came out said sorry or tried to make it right or anything. I have seen one post on here by staff defending this poorly implemented pile of garbage. Was a very good design but sadly gone to waste by greed and a money grab. Shows the standards they have. Loot boxes are enough of a cash grab really had to make the event another 250$ one too? Come on...

Sign in to follow this