You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Master_Chief69

Make PR Attainable for the average player

15 comments in this topic

[90THD]
Beta Testers
145 posts
2,175 battles

The simple fact is this. The average player will not be able to get PR for  free. If you have a job and work 5 days a week you won't be able to get PR for free. Simply put an unemployed super unicum will probably get PR for free. That might be 2% of the player base. So by WG stating you can get it for free when you only have 30 days to complete all 7 directives while that might be true for the 2% that I mentioned. Its a blatant attempt to get the average player to spend a pretty good chunk of money around $250.00 if the CC's are correct which makes up the majority of the player base.  

We can as a community make a statement all we need to do is stop spending money on these games.  

Simply put this is my opinion I don't care how many WG supporters troll this thread I rarely visit the forums. 

Happy Holidays

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

lol, no. If you do the maths, assuming a 50% WR, an average Loss XP of 5000 (Camos + Flag heavy) and a Win of ~25000, on average, in order to complete the event in time, due to how the rate of points per minute moves per completion of a directive, they would need to cut most of the major directives (those taking said 50% player in excess of *30* games to complete) by ~5000%. As in a reduction from say, 1,000,000, to ~20,000. Otherwise they still cannot complete the necessary *easiest* paths through the directives in time.

• Cool 3

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles

I agree with the problems given in the body but not the title. The "average player" shouldn't be given a T10 premium for next to nothing considering the costs of other T10 premiums in coal, steel, research points. Obviously he grind is insane as it stands, but to suggest a majority of players should be able to earn it free, I disagree with. Now if they made it so one or two boosters made it fairly easy for someone who plays an hour or two most days but not all could do it, that would be reasonable to me.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,241 posts
4,119 battles

It should be hard for the average player, as in they have to dedicate extra game time to get it. But this is impossible. It's impossible for well above average players. It's impossible for the unicums unless then dedicate a month to it, and even then it's no guarantee. This is a giant FU to the playerbase, and blatant cash grab (seriously WG, you think the PR is worth 58K doubloons?).

I don't think you'll find many people supporting WG on this. I think this is brewing slower than the NTC, but people are really worked up right now. Going to be an interesting time to watch the forums.

• Cool 3

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,371 posts
23,882 battles
11 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

lol, no. If you do the maths, assuming a 50% WR, an average Loss XP of 5000 (Camos + Flag heavy) and a Win of ~25000, on average, in order to complete the event in time, due to how the rate of points per minute moves per completion of a directive, they would need to cut most of the major directives (those taking said 50% player in excess of *30* games to complete) by ~5000%. As in a reduction from say, 1,000,000, to ~20,000. Otherwise they still cannot complete the necessary *easiest* paths through the directives in time.

I was just looking through the screenshots of my best games as the 52.4% player I am. With some flags, doing 150K damage, and getting at least 2 achievements per battle it would take me something like 44 battles to even get the 20 million credit directive done. If I get those results every time with my premium time ( I never play without it). Some of those missions are so high in requirements that I could start a new account and grind out multiple lines while picking up ships like Alaska, Nelson, and Friesland on the way. Its a bit much.

4 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I agree with the problems given in the body but not the title. The "average player" shouldn't be given a T10 premium for next to nothing considering the costs of other T10 premiums in coal, steel, research points. Obviously he grind is insane as it stands, but to suggest a majority of players should be able to earn it free, I disagree with. Now if they made it so one or two boosters made it fairly easy for someone who plays an hour or two most days but not all could do it, that would be reasonable to me.

I agree to an extent. They already hand out way to much to everyone as it is. However, the PR should be able to be obtained by most for the price of a regular premium if people want to put in the time. However, some of those directives are things that take months to accomplish if you're not doing anything but playing well every game, all day, every day.

• Funny 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

It's impossible for the unicums unless then dedicate a month to it,

Actually it's impossible for even the best players that post on this forum. I am unaware of any players that average 70% or higher average win rates over the course of several hundred matches on the forums which is essentially required to do it 100% for free. Even a 67% player would need to invest in some of the paid for boosts to meet the minimum time requirements to complete particular tasks.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,519 posts
6,682 battles

I've said it other threads.... If you just close your eyes to the PR its a pretty casual event with a T7 premium for a reasonable grind over the month. Coupled with the snowflakes it would be a pretty nice event.       It's just with all the PR  hupola and advertising....coupled with a pretty cool dockyard visual that takes over your impression of the whole thing...   And it appears to be such a horrific cash grab it's difficult to see it any other way.   A "PR" blunder....          

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,241 posts
4,119 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Actually it's impossible for even the best players that post on this forum. I am unaware of any players that average 70% or higher average win rates over the course of several hundred matches on the forums which is essentially required to do it 100% for free. Even a 67% player would need to invest in some of the paid for boosts to meet the minimum time requirements to complete particular tasks.

Christ almighty

Did WG think that no one would check the math on this? There were spreadsheets up before the patch was released, they had to know every detail was going to scrutinized. Did they think we just wouldn't care? 

I can't decide if they're just utterly incompetent or just completely unconcerned about future steady cash flow.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

I doubt they did much maths beyond average completion rate per task, not per directive or even the event.

3 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I can't decide if they're just utterly incompetent or just completely unconcerned about future steady cash flow.

Their track record and falling profits and customer experience (my own included) highly suggest they are mostly incompetent. I'd call them the, "most incompetent of competent developers/publishers," in that they are capable of making a 'competent, functional game, that will run on the majority of hardware, have stable performance across the median machine specs, with reasonably predictable results and a timely approach to most development cycles, but then I'd say they are easily the single WORST developer who meets that bare minimum in the entire industry, largely due to their seemingly permanently compromised development methodology insofar as monetization is concerned and how it invades gameplay, their lack of competitive design or interest, and a near total lack of understand of basic symbolic maths and graph theory, which for a game developer, digital or otherwise, is unforgivable. At this stage I am comfortable surmising that any profitably they see comes PURELY from a lack of appreciable competition in a niche market. If even one of the other 'competent' Devs/Publishers from the AAA space like Ubisoft, Activision, or even of all things E-[edited]-A Games, they would likely remove almost the entirety of their market share but the most dug-in Concorde-Effect players, especially given that those other Devs tend to shy from the volume of P2W tactics WGing has imbued this with, meaning you'd be less looking at Premium ships and this or that overpowered captains for sale, and other P2W aspects (it is a LONG list), and more likely skins, flags, camos, effects, tracer colors, emotes, voices, ect, all of which, dumb as they sound, are empirically proven to sell better than Wargaming's model, which is why Epic could buy and sell Wargaming several times over.

Edited by _RC1138

[M-T-B]
Members
98 posts
7,761 battles

As you say most won't make it but ... Doubloon sales will be brisk.  The 24,000 cost is the given, its' the left side of the building process most won't meet.  So you do what you can, one day it ends and maybe you buy it later for steel in the Armory.  Same for the Benham, the Italian Captain and so it goes.  But we give it a shot ...  and hope for a Super container with 50 thousand in steel. 

[KIA-A]
Members
916 posts
5,350 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

It should be hard for the average player, as in they have to dedicate extra game time to get it. But this is impossible. It's impossible for well above average players. It's impossible for the unicums unless then dedicate a month to it, and even then it's no guarantee. This is a giant FU to the playerbase, and blatant cash grab (seriously WG, you think the PR is worth 58K doubloons?).

I don't think you'll find many people supporting WG on this. I think this is brewing slower than the NTC, but people are really worked up right now. Going to be an interesting time to watch the forums.

I agree.

[90THD]
Beta Testers
145 posts
2,175 battles

I was not in any way suggesting that it should be " Easy" but if your going to make it difficult give us more than 30 days.. I would not at all mind supplementing with dubs to a point.  But for those of us with Jobs and families this time of year playing a game for a dedicated period of time is nearly impossible. 

[PVE]
Members
19,851 posts
12,029 battles

Official WG grind math. Mine is too conservative and you can take a bit longer per WG.

This was posted by Fem in this thread. https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/206866-psa-a-message-from-sub_octavian-regarding-pr/

If you decide to get Puerto Rico for free, you should follow the following guidelines:
The first directive should be completed before building commences;
Directives 2 – 5 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;
The sixth directive should be completed within four days of the directive’s opening;
The final directive should be completed at the latest 24 hours before the overall event ends;
You must finish 20 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;
And spend your tokens as soon as possible on the next Token Boost.

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, Dir IV before Dec 27th, Dir V before Dec 31st, Dir VI before Jan 5th, and Dir VII before Jan 12th.

If you are planning to buy one premium booster:
The first directive should be completed before building commences;
Directives 2 – 4 should be completed within 3 days of the directive’s opening;
Directive 5 should be completed within 6 days of the directive’s opening;
You should finish the first 15 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, Dir IV before Dec 27th, Dir V before Jan 3rd. You do not have to complete Dir VI-VII.

If you are planning to buy two premium boosters:
The first directive should be completed within 5 days after the directive’s start;
Directives 2 - 3 should be completed within 6 days of finishing the previous one;
The fourth directive should be completed within 12 days of finishing the previous one;
You should finish the first 13 Daily Missions and collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;

Complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 22nd, Dir III before Dec 28th, Dir IV before Dec 28th, Dir V before Jan 9th. You do not have to complete Dir VI-VII. NOTE: If you complete Dir I before Dec 16th, Dir II before Dec 19th, Dir III before Dec 23rd, and Dir IV before Dec 27th AND buy the Token boosts immediately, you can skip Dir V. 

If you are planning to buy three premium boosters:
The first directive should be completed within 7 days after the directive’s start;
The second directive should be completed within 7 days of finishing the previous one;
The third directive should be completed within 14 days of finishing the previous one;
You should collect all rewards from Daily Shipments;
You don’t need tokens from Daily Missions at all (but you will grind some anyway just by doing the Missions);

Complete Dir I before Dec 18th, Dir II before Dec 25th, Dir III before Jan 8th. You do not have to complete Dir IV-VII.