Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JakeTheSeaSnake

Some confirmation on the Puerto Rico grind

12 comments in this topic

[-TXT-]
Members
116 posts
6,771 battles

So, I have been seeing a lot of math thrown around (and rage as well). I would just like a simple confirmation on the math done for this grind. 

If you buy the first 2 boosters for daubloons and complete the first three directives to get Groizia, would you have enough points per minute to passively build the rest of the Puerto Rico by the end of the patch?

[ARGSY]
Members
20,616 posts
14,702 battles

I've heard that the absolute minimum is three boosters and three directives, but I would check the math VERY carefully for myself before spending any money. You have until Sunday night to do that. The base rate without any boosters, including the free one, is 125 points/minute, and there are 1440 minutes in a day.

[SOBA6]
Beta Testers
38 posts
4,223 battles

I think the other problem is to consider is what people mean by “Complete 3 directives”. Complete them when? To get enough points you’ll likely need to complete them the SAME day they become available in order to accrue enough points by the end. 

Check your math over and over again, otherwise you might be out 24,000 doubloons for naught. 

[DVYJC]
Members
3,210 posts
7,113 battles
14 minutes ago, JakeTheSeaSnake said:

So, I have been seeing a lot of math thrown around (and rage as well). I would just like a simple confirmation on the math done for this grind. 

If you buy the first 2 boosters for daubloons and complete the first three directives to get Groizia, would you have enough points per minute to passively build the rest of the Puerto Rico by the end of the patch?

We don't know, because it would depend on when you complete those directives.

[QC]
Members
65 posts
8,382 battles
17 minutes ago, JakeTheSeaSnake said:

I read on reddit 4 directive with 2 booster and do the directive at day 1, 6 , 11, 16 will do it. but I can't confirm it. Plus if WG remove the dockyard page (I can't see it) it may change. 

Edited by Friederiz

[-TXT-]
Members
116 posts
6,771 battles

Well, since I see that the page is gone and the amount of outrage there has been, perhaps it would be better to wait and see if something changes before automatic construction begins.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,783 posts
30 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

WG just deleted the page about the dockyard, I wouldn't spend anything right now.

Interesting.

There's evidently a hotpatch upcoming Friday, as well, a thread on that was just posted.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,544 posts
16,299 battles
43 minutes ago, JakeTheSeaSnake said:

Hmm probably just short. You will certainly not need Directive 6 or 7 and you will likely not need directive 5. Also assuming that you get the dailies for the first 10 days (essentially gives you another boost.)

Gorizia and two boosts is pretty comfortable grid though. I am trying it with Gorizia and one boost.

Members
237 posts

I'm from the EU server, moved across a few weeks ago, anyway we had the "Great Naval Battles" event a number of years ago that became a huge source of anger. Since then I have enjoyed playing the game, but pretty much ignore the events as soon as you let your time be controlled there is a cost so nothing is really "free"

Edited by Bluemoon51

Members
2,439 posts
5,397 battles
47 minutes ago, macktkau2 said:

WG just deleted the page about the dockyard, I wouldn't spend anything right now.

Wha? 

is this an EA, star cards moment? 

Sign in to follow this