Sign in to follow this  
SilverPhatShips

When will we have Russian CVs?

6 comments in this topic

[TF16B]
Modder
657 posts
810 battles

I believe the Imperial Russians had a lot of seaplane carriers. If we ever got one, it could be a tier IV ship built in steel. Seaplane tenders list by country.

Rather sad and ironic when you consider that “Russia is one of the birthplaces of naval aviation”, given the current state of CV’s.

• Confused 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,441 posts
20,172 battles
11 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

I believe the Imperial Russians had a lot of seaplane carriers. If we ever got one, it could be a tier IV ship built in steel. Seaplane tenders list by country.

Rather sad and ironic when you consider that “Russia is one of birthplaces of naval aviation” given the current state of CV’s.

that's little bit of a stretch being seaplane tenders versus aircraft carriers

Heck freighters transporting airplanes over to Europe had airplanes on them but are they  aircraft carriers?

[-K-]
Members
8,391 posts
14,407 battles
1 hour ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

When they can actually operate one without a tugboat?

For the amount of $$$ they have spent on repairs in the past 30 years, they could have likely just built an all-new ship.  They really should scrap this thing already and start over.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,441 posts
20,172 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

For the amount of $$$ they have spent on repairs in the past 30 years, they could have likely just built an all-new ship.  They really should scrap this thing already and start over.

I think that's what the Puerto Rico grind money's going for

• Funny 2

[CVA16]
Members
5,436 posts
16,488 battles

Russian CVs exist. Unfortunately, just like their real life counterparts, they are broke down and/or rusting in port.:Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this