Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ralph_Vargr

Blame It On The Pain Meds

6 comments in this topic

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

Yesterday, I had dental surgery. Not fun. Naturally, I used the game to keep myself distracted. The meds were not doing much good.

So, I spent 14,000 doubloons on the first two boosts to build the Puerto Rico. I had played in the public tests, and knew I had to start early.

It was only after this that I read the forums, and watched the video's.

My pain tripled.

Now, I have a huge sunk cost into building this ship, which I may, or may not, complete. Paying out more doubloons seems silly.

I *have* completed my need to support the game for *quite* some time, in any case. So there. :)

Note: the game client kindasorta deleted my first container of the daily reward. Just a hint about putting more time and money beyond "normal" into the game.

[SAMPS]
Members
4 posts

Same here and I'm an average player at best.  NO WAY I'm going to be able to get that ship.  Lesson learned I'm not spending another dime on this game until this is fixed.  I suggested they take a 0 off all directives total and it would still be hard.  lol if great players will have a hard time it is a total loss for average to good players.  Glad it was only a 12000 doubloons lesson instead of a 22000 plus I was going to buy the upgrades for my son and send X-mass creates to another.  I should thank WG as they saved me $300 in the long run.

• Boring 2

[7-TH]
Members
86 posts
4,619 battles

You'll get some " value" back on the booster. The farther you go on the construction time table the more goodies you'll get. Coal, flags, containers. A loss yes, but not a total loss.

• Cool 1

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
1 hour ago, Kormoran4472 said:

You'll get some " value" back on the booster. The farther you go on the construction time table the more goodies you'll get. Coal, flags, containers. A loss yes, but not a total loss.

Indeed. There will be marker rewards for the various stages of construction. I'm just feeling very embarrassed now. I just feel very silly, now that the money is gone. Buyer's Remorse. My fault. Not blaming anyone else.

I have no intention of changing my playstyle to grind. It might take me a year, to grind all the directives, anyway. No excuses, I'm just a scrub.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

My cunning plan is to play all my low-level ships for fun. I just bought the Tier 5 Italian cruiser, and will probably buy the Tier 4 as well. Much cheaper in time and money than the shipyard.

Incidentally, I have used all my "snowflakes", so aside from daily missions, there is little need to grind larger ships. I will never complete the directives.

Wargaming's plan to lure me into higher tiers (via the shipyard) has resulted in my retreating into the scrublands where I belong. They have my money now. So, I intend to enjoy the game, not agonize.

Sign in to follow this