You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Pope_Shizzle

Snowflake Event is Great

34 comments in this topic

[-K-]
Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

Just wanted to say that I think the snowflake event is great.  It gives incentive to play lower tier or port queens that would otherwise just sit gathering dust.  I've already played all my ARP Kongo clones and the Shinonome, which I haven't played since last year's events.  I admit that I did them in coop to maximize the time/reward ratio.  Maybe in future events, give a 50% reward bonus to completing the ship in PVP. 

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[KSD]
Members
255 posts
11,830 battles

Nah the rewards are perfectly fine right now. I will get over 6k steel and lord knows how much coal from playing my ships

• Cool 2

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,951 battles

Disappointed about the T10 reward of the lowest tier loot crates, but otherwise pleased with the snowflakes.

• Cool 3

[FF]
Members
128 posts
4,780 battles

More like a big reduction in steel compared to last year. I generally dont look a gift horse in the mouth, but compared to last year... as a steel event, this one is definitely garbage comparatively speaking.

Edited by redneck1776
  • Cool 4

Members
4,221 posts
3,238 battles

I agree, the reduced steel lessons the value of the event. I can grind through all my ships and won't have enough steel for anything

[WOLF3]
Members
327 posts
9,889 battles
1 hour ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Just wanted to say that I think the snowflake event is great.  It gives incentive to play lower tier or port queens that would otherwise just sit gathering dust.  I've already played all my ARP Kongo clones and the Shinonome, which I haven't played since last year's events.  I admit that I did them in coop to maximize the time/reward ratio.  Maybe in future events, give a 50% reward bonus to completing the ship in PVP. 

Finaly some gratitude

• Cool 2

Members
2,030 posts
16,897 battles
53 minutes ago, redneck1776 said:

More like a big reduction in steel compared to last year. I generally dont look a gift horse in the mouth, but compared to last year... as a steel event, this one is definitely garbage comparatively speaking.

Good. Last year was absolutely ridiculous. They handed out way too much steel AND sold a campaign for even more. That was a mistake, this is far more reasonable.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,101 posts
4,661 battles
1 hour ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

I admit that I did them in coop

Don't let that guilt build up.  Get it out somehow or you will end up playing Scenarios.

Oh, the shame!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,101 posts
4,661 battles
10 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

They handed out way too much steel AND sold a campaign for even more. That was a mistake, this is far more reasonable.

I agree.  Steel Monsters never should have happened.  And Steel should remain a reward currency.  However, it's Christmas!  I'm okay with letting small amounts leak out for this festive occasion.  It's the one present that players will be unwaveringly thankful for.

• Cool 2

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,674 posts
14,005 battles

Aloha,

Happy Holidays!

-Hapa

[WOLF3]
Members
327 posts
9,889 battles
36 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I agree.  Steel Monsters never should have happened.  And Steel should remain a reward currency.  However, it's Christmas!  I'm okay with letting small amounts leak out for this festive occasion.  It's the one present that players will be unwaveringly thankful for.

Is so few units I'm not paying attention to the steel but coal is sweet though

Members
1,170 posts
11,397 battles

Steel reduction is... ok but

Removing steel from T10 rewards is sooo dumb.  Four Frosty Fir Tree camos?  FFS Wargaming, how do you think that’s better than steel?

I do like having a reason to play all those rusting lower tier ships...

[WOLF2]
Members
1,634 posts
11,296 battles
2 hours ago, Drifter_X said:

Is so few units I'm not paying attention to the steel but coal is sweet though

Yep!   Getting. Very. Close. To. Thunderer.

Just a few more snowflakes to go!

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
3,210 posts
7,113 battles

Is it worse than last year? So I hear, I wasn't around. I'm still grateful though, this coal will get Thunderer for me today when I can log in and blow two more flakes off. The steel means I'll probably get a new Tier X steel ship next year. 

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,128 posts
17,110 battles

I’m thankful that I’ll have a new steel ship on the 26th. And enough coal to get the next coal ship that I want. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,170 posts
11,397 battles
3 hours ago, ClassicLib said:

I’m thankful that I’ll have a new steel ship on the 26th. And enough coal to get the next coal ship that I want. 

The ship-for-resources coupon drops on the 24th!

Oops I’m so wrong.  Sadface.

Edited by n00bot
  • Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,519 posts
10 hours ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

That last might actually help things.  Co-op is so bad, with folks farming snowflakes and those 65 kills, that it's nearly unplayable.   I actually switched to Randoms, so I might get a chance to PLAY my ships...

The flipside, is that it also does a great job of pointing out unnecessary wastes of port slots.   As in "wow- there's a reason I never play this, outside of these missions..."    I've been doing some early winter cleaning- and freeing up credits and otherwise wasted upgrades.

It's certainly helped my coal stash rebound nicely after I burned it all on Jean Bart!

[TF-64]
Members
541 posts
19,229 battles

Yeah so far  like the snowflake even too. Will have enough for the Flint without the coupon even though I'll wait for it. And haven't even calculated my coal amount. Haven't started my 13 T10s but I'll get what I get. Might get lucky with some dubs and put me over the amount I need for the Massachusetts. If not, oh well. But I'm on board for who cares about the Puerto Rico. Waaay too much to even care to try. 

[INTEL]
Members
13,230 posts
36,501 battles
11 hours ago, WernerHerzdog said:

I don't have a problem with the reduced steel, but over half of my tier 10 boxes were 4 camos which is a bit insulting.

All of mine were, except for 4 crates of 300 dubs and a crate of signals.

All in all, the snowflakes are great. Too bad the PR mess has overshadowed what was a generous Xmas bonus.

Edited by Taichunger

[NSEW]
Members
1,944 posts
10,984 battles
11 hours ago, WernerHerzdog said:

I don't have a problem with the reduced steel, but over half of my tier 10 boxes were 4 camos which is a bit insulting.

This.  At this rate, getting 50 signals of papa papa is wanting than getting Frosty Fir tree camo of one.

[K0]
Members
1,755 posts
8,307 battles

I do actually like that T8s get steel gifts because there are a lot of premiums at that tier that just got slightly more worthwhile to have. I'm not happy that T10s were given lesser rewards since I finally got my hands on some of those, but I'll pull a decent haul from the holiday season and that's fine with me.

Now I just need to decide between Flint and Black when the next coupon comes around.

[PVE]
Members
1,058 posts
8,912 battles

I have more T8-T9 ships this year than I did T8-T10 ships last year and I am getting less steel. Not seeing the value.

Other games are having better events so I will be there much more often than here. That's probably for the best because those games are better designed and the player bases are less toxic.