You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gunga_Dinner

Unplayed Ships

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,660 posts

How many ships are sitting in your port Unplayed?  Premium and tech tree.  I've got just over thirty ships I've obtained through crates and events that have never left port.

I will get to then eventually, but for now they sit there cluttering things up.

[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
490 posts
5,270 battles

Well I just won a Graff zeplin black in a black Friday crate that I doubt I will ever play.... I wish I could gift it to one of my clan members.

I suppose I could sell it for the 10 million credit's it's worth, but I will probably just keep it.

As for the rest I try to play most of my ships at some point when I get bored with high tier play.

[WOLFG]
Members
9,927 posts
8,984 battles

Other than the two tech trees I just bought (and am retraining captains on), I have played all my ships.  Some of them haven't been played in quite a while.

[EQRN]
Members
2,053 posts
17,829 battles

I can tell you what ships *will* be unplayed - a lot of tech tree T8-9 I’m buying back only for the snowflakes.  

[TBW]
Members
10,363 posts
17,639 battles
1 minute ago, FrodoFraggin said:

I can tell you what ships *will* be unplayed - a lot of tech tree T8-9 I’m buying back only for the snowflakes.  

They will be played once.

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles

I actually looked it up, I don’t normally play 97% of all the ships in my port.  Well, with the exception of snowflake events and special missions and such.

[D-PN]
Members
80 posts
3,593 battles

I don't have any ships that have never seen any play, but I do have some that have been sitting for a while. I played a couple different tech trees to try to find out which ones I liked more, so once I found ship lines I really enjoyed, others fell behind.
Once in a blue moon I will go back and play a round in them, if I need more ships to complete directives or missions.

Edited by Aephx

Members
566 posts
255 battles

i've played all my ships except Texas, and last night i took it out for the snowflake. didn't check what the reward was, i assumed a santa box but was probably 100 coal. if i'd checked, probably wouldn't have bothered with that particular snowflake. i play every tech tree ship until i unlock the next one, then never touch them again. haven't taken new mex out of port in over a year, but i did the op and it wasn't as bad as i remembered. but without premium mm, tech tree ships are frustrating except for tier 10. and there's no tier 11, so no incentive to endure tier 10 games.... just ranked and clan battles.

[O_O]
Members
6,558 posts
15,566 battles
10 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

i've played all my ships except Texas, and last night i took it out for the snowflake. didn't check what the reward was, i assumed a santa box but was probably 100 coal

It was 400 coal.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,521 battles
27 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

How many ships are sitting in your port Unplayed?

I believe I have 216 ships 86 are premiums and several are the ARP Fleet. Certainly I don't play them all everyday nor any one day. For this snowflake event and others like it I start With my tier 10s and work my way down to the tier 1s. When that is done I buy back the tier 2, 3 and 4 ships, knock off the snowflake and then sell them until next time. I know the lower tiers don't get anything special for the snowflake but I do it anyway just because I can.  I got quite a few done yesterday in 12+ hours and hope to do the same today with the aim to have them all done by midnight Friday.

• Cool 1

[PSA]
Members
5,101 posts
3,663 battles

I have a bunch of ships I rarely play anymore, typically because they've been power crept hard and are in need of buffs. This includes ships like tech tree German DDs, Blyskawica, and until recently, German BBs. Then there are ships I *thought* I'd enjoy, but in the end don't, for example French cruisers (with the exception of DeGrasse which I love to this day).

[GRIT]
Members
20 posts
921 battles
12 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

I believe I have 216 ships 86 are premiums and several are the ARP Fleet. Certainly I don't play them all everyday nor any one day. For this snowflake event and others like it I start With my tier 10s and work my way down to the tier 1s. When that is done I buy back the tier 2, 3 and 4 ships, knock off the snowflake and then sell them until next time. I know the lower tiers don't get anything special for the snowflake but I do it anyway just because I can.  I got quite a few done yesterday in 12+ hours and hope to do the same today with the aim to have them all done by midnight Friday.

From what I saw with my limited collection, ships below tier 5 don't have snowflakes.  Not sure why WG continues to discourage lower tier play, but that's the way it seems.

Members
1,660 posts

I have a Belfast I've never taken out as well a several UK DDs and several CVs(To include the GZ and Ark Royal).  I haven'te touched the Italian cruisers I obtained or many of the premium BBs i obtained through crates like the M3elson or the Missouri.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,521 battles
1 minute ago, Janzig said:

From what I saw with my limited collection, ships below tier 5 don't have snowflakes.  Not sure why WG continues to discourage lower tier play, but that's the way it seems.

They have a 50% XP snowflake to knock off but no special prize snowflake. All of the ships get a new 50% XP snowflake at server reset. WG doesn't discourage lower tier play, there are plenty of newer players for that. Once most players get to and above tier 5 they continue to climb to tier 10. There are some, like I who do play tiers 1 to 5 occasionally. 

[GOOF]
Members
695 posts
6,055 battles

Poor Graf zepp she's looking good in that port.

T4   Karl spends a lot of time there too.

Majestic Roma laps up the waves

[WOLFG]
Members
9,927 posts
8,984 battles
6 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

I have a Belfast I've never taken out .

That sounds like Heresy.

7 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Missouri.

Definitely Heresy.