You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landsraad

Wait, what?

11 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

So, new patch! New snowflake event! Puerto Rico! Lots of stuff going on in 8.11, good times! And then there's one change that snuck in under the radar: Gunther Lutjens is in the Armory. Cool, Germany gets their special commander! He's the same price as Kuznestov and that Sansonetti will be, so that all checks out. His abilities are pretty solid honestly, that "300 HP per tier for every three ships spotted" will make him a monster DD skipper, that's for sure.

One weird thing to note though... Why now? Why release him with this patch and no fanfare? Where's the event? A collection at least for the option to mount two flags and swap camo palettes?  I'm not mad, just confused. I think a lot of people are. So can we get some clarification over here @Umbaretz ? @Hapa_Fodder?

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
13,409 posts

Why? So people will stop whining and asking "Why doesn't Germany have a legendary commander? It must be due to Russian bias."

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Why? So people will stop whining and asking "Why doesn't Germany have a legendary commander? It must be due to Russian bias."

So they release him with less fan-fair than the non-Admiral historicals? If anything it highlights how little they gave crap.

[-K-]
Members
8,395 posts
14,434 battles

At bare minimum, they should of at least waited a bit and included him with one of the following events/arcs:

• Introduction of Siegfried
  • German Arc campaign to earn second flag option on German ships

[EQRN]
Members
2,055 posts
17,876 battles

The PR stuff is visually impressive and a lot of work went in to it, I’m sure, but every other aspect of this holiday patch feels phoned in.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,681 posts
14,005 battles
5 hours ago, Landsraad said:

So, new patch! New snowflake event! Puerto Rico! Lots of stuff going on in 8.11, good times! And then there's one change that snuck in under the radar: Gunther Lutjens is in the Armory. Cool, Germany gets their special commander! He's the same price as Kuznestov and that Sansonetti will be, so that all checks out. His abilities are pretty solid honestly, that "300 HP per tier for every three ships spotted" will make him a monster DD skipper, that's for sure.

One weird thing to note though... Why now? Why release him with this patch and no fanfare? Where's the event? A collection at least for the option to mount two flags and swap camo palettes?  I'm not mad, just confused. I think a lot of people are. So can we get some clarification over here @Umbaretz ? @Hapa_Fodder?

Okay, well. As I suspected doing some research, we wanted to release Lutjens, because, well, he was ready and we wanted all of you to have some more options in the armory.  So Cheers!

-Hapa

[WOLFG]
Members
29,661 posts
8,699 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

At bare minimum, they should of at least waited a bit...

That's it right there. A lot of people want things ASAP, so....

[WOLFG]
Members
9,966 posts
9,029 battles

I think they looked at people that buy a lot of coal ships and realized they were running out of things to purchase with coal.  Gotta have them resource sinks.

[-K-]
Members
8,395 posts
14,434 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I think they looked at people that buy a lot of coal ships and realized they were running out of things to purchase with coal.  Gotta have them resource sinks.

That and the fact that players will likely be raking in a lot of coal through Christmas crates.