You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SolarDwagon

Can faildivs stop being a thing?

11 comments in this topic

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
7,830 battles

Figure out some other way to "punish" people for trying to game the system. Or just eliminate the ability to div with different tiers altogether. I'm sick of having crucial ships undertiered because MM treats them as a higher tier, especially when MM decides to short you on DD's on top.
All the current system does is punish 10 people for someone trying to short the system.

• Boring 6

Members
768 posts
18,340 battles

But how else am I supposed to get T10 games in my T7 ship?

I need all the XP and credits I can get.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,570 posts
14,686 battles

Some people are so bored and so unicum that faildivving is the only thing they can do to give themselves a challenge. If you're good enough you can make it work. I've seen a Langley that faildivved up to T7 manage to sink things; he went for the weakest, lowest-health targets, which was all he could do, but he contributed and took enemy ships off the board.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
7,830 battles
On 12/13/2019 at 12:46 AM, yacskn said:

But how else am I supposed to get T10 games in my T7 ship?

I need all the XP and credits I can get.

On 12/13/2019 at 1:28 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Some people are so bored and so unicum that faildivving is the only thing they can do to give themselves a challenge. If you're good enough you can make it work. I've seen a Langley that faildivved up to T7 manage to sink things; he went for the weakest, lowest-health targets, which was all he could do, but he contributed and took enemy ships off the board.

That's cool for you I guess but every time I see it, they die horribly and early because they have no idea what they're doing, leave the team a ship down, and come bottom of the team. There's enough mechanical imbalances in the +2 gap let alone +3. I get that WG don't want people anchoring divs to make sure the higher tier ships get favourable MM but couldn't they just halve their rewards or something? Hit people in the pocket instead of punishing their whole team for them either being greedy or even just not knowing the finer details of how MM "works".

Edited by SolarDwagon

Members
326 posts
20 battles

If you want to div with a CV in your T9, you have no choice but to fail div.  It's completely acceptable to do so because of this.

Also, with the tier and class matching system, your team won't be at a disadvantage at all, unlike before this system was brought in, so it's very hard to complain about it.

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
7,830 battles
Just now, Moggytwo said:

If you want to div with a CV in your T9, you have no choice but to fail div.  It's completely acceptable to do so because of this.

Also, with the tier and class matching system, your team won't be at a disadvantage at all, unlike before this system was brought in, so it's very hard to complain about it.

Except faildvis don't get tiermatched at all...

Members
326 posts
20 battles

Yes they do.  The only time I've ever seen a fail div not tier matched has been in an MM dump, which only happens very rarely.

[BLEP]
Members
193 posts
7,830 battles
18 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

Yes they do.  The only time I've ever seen a fail div not tier matched has been in an MM dump, which only happens very rarely.

I've only ever seen one tiermatch and that was against another faildiv. Every other one they've been against at least the top tier of their div, and a couple of times they've been MM'd against top tier of the game.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,570 posts
14,686 battles
2 hours ago, SolarDwagon said:

That's cool for you I guess but every time I see it, they die horribly and early because they have no idea what they're doing, leave the team a ship down, and come bottom of the team. There's enough mechanical imbalances in the +2 gap let alone +3. I get that WG don't want people anchoring divs to make sure the higher tier ships get favourable MM but couldn't they just halve their rewards or something? Hit people in the pocket instead of punishing their whole team for them either being greedy or even just not knowing the finer details of how MM "works".

Oh I don't doubt it, and frankly the Langley of all things should never have been there (although a stock Ranger's torp bombers are exactly the same; there are just more of them). Some ships faildiv better than others; a Kongo at Tier 5 is still a ship with bigger guns and higher top speed than the T6 Prinz Eitel Friedrich, for example, and a Fiji or Belfast will still be murder to any destroyer in the game if the driver can shoot straight and fast enough.

But yeah, on the whole, not a thing we like to see from any but the best players in ships that will take it well.