Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ice2670

What's wrong with the Yamato's turret armor?

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
97 posts
2,025 battles

6-57mm? that's the toughest battleship turret ever built? this is just ridiculous. WG if you don't want wows to be the second wowp you should stop this nonsense nerf. 

[MTLRN]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,961 battles

6-57mm? that's the toughest battleship turret ever built? this is just ridiculous. WG if you don't want wows to be the second wowp you should stop this nonsense nerf. 

Can you screenshot where it says that? I've only seen armor thickness of ships overall. Learning stuff every day!

I'm guessing, 6 mm must be top of turret, side of turret and rear of turret. 57 mm is the turret front. Turrets were made assuming that they were always aimed at the enemy in one direction so that armor should suffice.

Considering the weight of the hull I think that super armored turrets would make the ship way too heavy or at least make the turrets too slow and insufficient for battle. Too heavy as in front heavy for the Yamato, thus making it slower than it already is.

Edited by _Dreadnaught_

[-TDR-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
238 posts
1,918 battles

Toughest? I thought it was the heaviest and best armed Battleship ever constructed.

[-LA-]
Alpha Tester
634 posts
2,465 battles

I've also noticed this, but I think it refers to secondary battery protection only. If you look through all ships, the numbers are similarly off.

Can you screenshot where it says that? I've only seen armor thickness of ships overall. Learning stuff every day!

I'm guessing, 6 mm must be top of turret, side of turret and rear of turret. 57 mm is the turret front. Turrets were made assuming that they were always aimed at the enemy in one direction so that armor should suffice.

Considering the weight of the hull I think that super armored turrets would make the ship way too heavy or at least make the turrets too slow and insufficient for battle. Too heavy as in front heavy for the Yamato, thus making it slower than it already is.

For Yamato, turrets had 650mm faces, 250mm sides, 270mm crowns.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,347 posts
2 battles

The Yamato as it stands in the game strikes me -- from what I have seen -- as the most disadvantaged warship in the game. It's not particularly fast... it has painful reload times... its facing down Essex class carriers in almost every fight... it handles like a bulldozer. I mean, really, other than size, its vulnerabilities are so excessive compared to other BBs that it seems almost pointless.

[MTLRN]
Alpha Tester
600 posts
4,961 battles

I've also noticed this, but I think it refers to secondary battery protection only. If you look through all ships, the numbers are similarly off.

For Yamato, turrets had 650mm faces, 250mm sides, 270mm crowns.

oh wow, that is a nerf then lol

Alpha Tester
1,907 posts
12,498 battles

Yamato does have its advantages though,   26km firing range.    I doubled penned a full health New Orleans the other day for 2 citadel hits from 22km.    10 seconds after my guns loaded at the beginning of the battle and I sunk him in one salvo.

Sign in to follow this