You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
classic1017

For those who want the PR, here's the spreadsheet

10 comments in this topic

[QQ7]
Members
5 posts
10,344 battles

Edit: There is an additional 125 points/min on top of the stuff I calculated, thus it would make the grind significantly easier

I'll update the result once I have time.

Since everything about the PR event is time-dependent, many people might realize that they would not be able to get the PR halfway through the grind. So to save some time and sanity for those that are interested in getting the PR, here's the spreadsheet.

Assuming that the total points needed to get the PR are 51,300,000, and the doubloon to point ratio is 1080 points/doubloon (35k for 37.8M points after mission18)

First of all, can you get the PR without paying a dim?

Yes, but no.

NoBbZb.png

1 day grind per directive

Basically you have to grind out all the directive the day when they are released. With the massive grind fes with Directive 6 and 7, good luck with that. (Good job WG advertising team)

So, move on to more realistic options, if you still want the PR. Should you buy the first premium booster?

BxrQWt.png

3 day grind per directive3 day grind per directive

With the first premium booster (D1), it seems a lot more reasonable here. Basically it would give you can skip Directive 7 (thank god). You will not be able to get the last free boost (F8), and it would also give you 3 days to grind out each directive. However, if you have no life at all, grinding thorough directive 7 within 3 days still saves you some doubloons.

If you are intended to skip directive 6&7, then you will not be able to the Free boost 7&8. In the end, you would be looking at 10k+ doubloon spent either on one gold boost or 2 gold boost.

in summary, you need to spend 6k doubloon with a realistic amount of grind (it will still be a nightmare), or 10k+ if you want to save your sanity.

It should also be noted that getting free boosts 3, 4, 5 as soon as possible will help you a lot along the way, as they would give you a significant amount of continuous points over time and they are easier to grind.

PR Spreadsheet.xlsx

Edited by classic1017
  • Cool 3

Members
1,927 posts
7,608 battles
7 minutes ago, Jussie_Smolensk said:

Thanks for putting that together. I figured if it wasn’t going to be steel it was going to be a kick in the sack. 

I saw your name and assumed you were a parody account for the Smolensk hate, or riffing on Dave Chapelle's "Juicy Smollet". But you joined way before either. Are you from the future?

• Funny 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,734 battles
19 minutes ago, classic1017 said:

Since everything about the PR event is time-dependent, many people might realize that they would not be able to get the PR halfway through the grind. So to save some time and sanity for those that are interested in getting the PR, here's the spreadsheet.

Assuming that the total points needed to get the PR are 51,300,000, and the doubloon to point ratio is 1080 points/doubloon (35k for 37.8M points after mission18)

Yes, but no.

NoBbZb.png

Basically you have to grind out all the directive the day when they are released. With the massive grind fes with Directive 6 and 7, good luck with that. (Good job WG advertising team)

So, move on to more realistic options, if you still want the PR. Should you buy the first premium booster?

BxrQWt.png

With the first premium booster (D1), it seems a lot more reasonable here. Basically it would give you can skip Directive 7 (thank god). You will not be able to get the last free boost (F8), and it would also give you 3 days to grind out each directive. However, if you have no life at all, grinding thorough directive 7 within 3 days still saves you some doubloons.

If you are intended to skip directive 6&7, then you will not be able to the Free boost 7&8. In the end, you would be looking at 10k+ doubloon spent either on one gold boost or 2 gold boost.

in summary, you need to spend 6k doubloon with a realistic amount of grind (it will still be a nightmare), or 10k+ if you want to save your sanity.

It should also be noted that getting free boosts 3, 4, 5 as soon as possible will help you a lot along the way, as they would give you a significant amount of continuous points over time and they are easier to grind.

PR Spreadsheet.xlsx

You really needed a spreadsheet to know this?  They did not want to just sell it outright because they have claimed they would never sell a T10 premium. This is nothing more than selling a T10 premium in disguise.

• Cool 1

Members
15 posts
13,806 battles
16 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I saw your name and assumed you were a parody account for the Smolensk hate, or riffing on Dave Chapelle's "Juicy Smollet". But you joined way before either. Are you from the future?

I’m just trying to get some subway man. :cap_old:

[POW-M]
Members
49 posts
7,993 battles

Can you say for those of us who can't open the spreadsheet what the payoff for getting the second and third paid boosters will be? Thanks for your work on this.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

@classic1017 Can you please check my math below? Are numbers are different, and I'd like to find out why (thanks in advance):

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/206593-easy-to-understand-math-why-a-free-puerto-rico-is-mathematically-possible-possible-%E2%89%A0-practical/

11 minutes ago, The_Librarian54 said:

Can you say for those of us who can't open the spreadsheet what the payoff for getting the second and third paid boosters will be? Thanks for your work on this.

8 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

What if I am not 100% F2P? Does the above apply to me?

Add up the below that apply to you.

I will purchase Doubloon Booster 1 before December 16 2 am PT.

Add 8,693,280 points.

I will purchase Doubloon Booster 2 before December 16 2 am PT.

Add 11,564,160 points.

I will purchase Doubloon Booster 3 before December 16 2 am PT.

Add 14,475,360 points.

Total: 34,732,800 points (16,567,200 points to go for Puerto Rico!)

^ These are the values that each booster will get you at the end of the event, assuming you purchase before building starts.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,605 posts
16,379 battles
1 hour ago, classic1017 said:

Yes, but no.

NoBbZb.png

BxrQWt.png

PR Spreadsheet.xlsx

Nice work looks like you missed the 125 point base rate. So it is a little easier than it looks. So the Continuous rate on day one is not 6 it will be 125 +6.

Cheers.

[QQ7]
Members
5 posts
10,344 battles

hmm Thx for letting me know, I couldn't find the base rate in the game but I think 125 base rate is what they published.

I will update it once I have time

Thx

[QQ7]
Members
5 posts
10,344 battles
4 hours ago, paradat said:

Nice work looks like you missed the 125 point base rate. So it is a little easier than it looks. So the Continuous rate on day one is not 6 it will be 125 +6.

Cheers.

hmm Thx for letting me know, I couldn't find the base rate in the game but I think 125 base rate is what they published.

I will update it once I have time

Thx