You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
freggo

Narai has changed

16 comments in this topic

[A-O]
Members
1,015 posts
10,276 battles

It seems with the update come also several changes to Narai.

Squire stays hidden longer, the enemy Atlanta now steams thru the man bay and Cimarron, the repair ship, seems to be hell bend on going on a suicide run into the bay.

I had to block her with a BB to prevent her from doing this twice now.

Am I just experiencing a random oddity or have others noticed this too.

• Cool 1

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,566 battles
25 minutes ago, freggo said:

It seems with the update come also several changes to Narai.

That's odd since the weeks scenario is Aegis.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles

Hopefully it’s a bug, although it may be a stealth nerf by Wargaming to prevent efficient XP farming in that operation.

[A-O]
Members
1,015 posts
10,276 battles
Just now, CAPTMUDDXX said:

That's odd since the weeks scenario is Aegis.

You do know that you can play the other scenarios too ?

Scenario of the week is with random players and may, or may not result in a win.

In case you do not know: Port screen bottom left, the orange button gets you to the Chanel for Operations. There you find divs with people who know the ops quite well. Your win chance (and XP and Silver return) goes up dramatically there!

I am a CO-OP main and scenarios (basically scripted CO-OP battles) pay much better than basic CO-OP.

Edited by freggo
content correction
  • Cool 2

[WOLFX]
Members
108 posts
18,046 battles

It could be an "oddity" caused by global tweaks to AI, but as someone who plays these a lot, this is not the first time minor changes have occurred. These can have quite an impact on strategy for those of us who chase high scores.

What's funnier is when I come to the discussion boards and employees swear nothing did or could have changed.

In this case, the five things I noticed different in Narai are:

1) First DD has better torp "aim"   Figure this could be a feature of it getting a minuscule change in position ahead of the greens

2) Iron Duke can hug its island a little closer at the start, can almost seem like it is faking going bow in as it leaves

3) Bretagne seems to try to take a route a little between its old path (it used to stick with new york and was relatively easier to deal with) and its new path, and instead ends up "beaching"....this may lead to it reversing or just camping out behind the "clam bar" for awhile

4) Atlanta is sticking with the Schors instead of taking the opposite side of the island

5) Convoy transports or "lead" repair transport occasionally have a sabotuer take command and head yolo towards the enemy

Also another one is the shimmying of the CV, it seems to be implementing a bit more of it to either stay unspotted or survive longer...not quite fully sold on that one though

I personally enjoy the changes...gives me something to think about, whether they are intentional or just "buggy" doesnt really matter to me.

I remember when they brought back RR (and it was broke) and they also said they didnt change anything....perhaps they didnt think I would notice that the Yubari wasn't even in the op before (think it was a fura), or the second wave cruisers being one tier lower across the group (myoki, aoba, fura, became aoba, fura, kuma)....these were relatively minor changes, but tweaks nonetheless. I wish they would revert to the more challenging ships (though I do love the randomness vs the old static version)

Another example is in Newport, and the Konig now takes a route inside the island with the myoko...whereas before it was an outside route.  A very minor change, but nonetheless one that must be adapted to those of us who chase high scores there

• Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
20,790 posts
14,794 battles
4 hours ago, AttentionOnDeck said:

A very minor change, but nonetheless one that must be adapted to those of us who chase high scores there

If you've got operations in general down to such a fine art that you're doing things like firing torps at ships that haven't even spawned or been visualised yet (as I've seen @Lightninger demonstrate), I'm not surprised WG is putting in small changes to throw that sort of thing off.

When you can do Narai with four ships and five star it every battle, it's time to do more challenging things - like picking one of you to go AFK and doing it with three...

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you've got operations in general down to such a fine art that you're doing things like firing torps at ships that haven't even spawned or been visualised yet (as I've seen @Lightninger demonstrate), I'm not surprised WG is putting in small changes to throw that sort of thing off.

When you can do Narai with four ships and five star it every battle, it's time to do more challenging things - like picking one of you to go AFK and doing it with three...

We noticed the changes of this patch when playing. Narai is now on version 3.2 now for my numbering system instead of version 3.1 (which showed up 8.8) for anyone keeping track. And what does this mean? WG is working on operations, just not in a way to restore out of rotation ones or give us new ones. 

[ARGSY]
Members
20,790 posts
14,794 battles
1 minute ago, Lightninger said:

And what does this mean? WG is working on operations, just not in a way to restore out of rotation ones or give us new ones. 

I'd like to see what happens in the fullness of time. I'm pretty sure I heard Mr Conway and Crysantos talking about bringing Cherry Blossom back, but we're probably not going to see that until well into the new year. That's a difficult one to rebalance because the whole operation revolved around the combined interactions of enemy surface ships and aircraft, and nothing is the same any more.

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
58 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd like to see what happens in the fullness of time. I'm pretty sure I heard Mr Conway and Crysantos talking about bringing Cherry Blossom back, but we're probably not going to see that until well into the new year. That's a difficult one to rebalance because the whole operation revolved around the combined interactions of enemy surface ships and aircraft, and nothing is the same any more.

Well the main point I was making was that they said they would not be actively working on Operations. This, Raptor, and the change in the pathing of the "Extra Battleships" in Aegis show they are at least observing and tweaking, meaning actively paying attention. At the very least, before I had a channel running with videos they never did tweaks to Operations. 

Members
147 posts
17,252 battles

In addition to the previously mentioned changes observed by others, we had our lead transport turn around before getting to the left side channel, nearly ground twice and finally come into the bay via the right side. Have replay.
I'd submit a ticket to WG, but when I've reported previous oddities, I'm told to do a fresh install. How bout no?

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,006 posts
On 12/12/2019 at 8:54 AM, Lightninger said:

We noticed the changes of this patch when playing. Narai is now on version 3.2 now for my numbering system instead of version 3.1 (which showed up 8.8) for anyone keeping track. And what does this mean? WG is working on operations, just not in a way to restore out of rotation ones or give us new ones. 

I'll take new ones any day . BTW lightning. I've since gotten better at Narai and it's quirks. Lol thanks for the YT vid that last time . :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Versili

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
8 hours ago, Versili said:

I'll take new ones any day . BTW lightning. I've since gotten better at Narai and it's quirks. Lol thanks for the YT vid that last time . :Smile_honoring:

Any time. I have new videos with different ships for Narai pretty often seeing as how that's the operation we play most in Hoperations. Just browse around as I show replays for different ships. 

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,602 posts
25,232 battles

I hadn't played Narai for quite some time, had a few of goes at it over the last few days and I agree that there has been a change. I have never in the past failed to get to the CV interception point, but the Missouri, Dallas and the Emile(?) that come up the middle seem to have had their behaviour changed. Consequently I failed to do this  in a couple of successive games (Atlanta and Gorizia) until I took out Flint and hid in smoke for a little while until they were engaged with the main flotilla.