You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

AFK players

17 comments in this topic

Members
566 posts
255 battles

being afk isn't conducive to winning. afk ship can still win a third of the time. but it's also a good way to land in co op jail, because people notice you're afk and that's one thing most players see as report worthy. even if you start sailing after 5 minutes so you don't get the auto penalty, the reports have been sent already.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
9 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

but it's also a good way to land in co op jail, because people notice you're afk and that's one thing most players see as report worthy. even if you start sailing after 5 minutes so you don't get the auto penalty, the reports have been sent already.

"Co-op jail" is automated and has nothing to do with reports whatsoever. All those reports can do is make your karma number go down, which means literally nothing.

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Cool 1

[PT]
Members
832 posts
2,854 battles

My AFK North Carolina (I got discounted before the start and couldn't rejoin) once sunk a enemy DD. No idea how, he wandered too close to my secondaries I can only assume. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,806 posts
2 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Where?

You asked the same question in this thread, twice.

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
12 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

My AFK North Carolina (I got discounted before the start and couldn't rejoin) once sunk a enemy DD. No idea how, he wandered too close to my secondaries I can only assume. 

lol do a Afk graf zepplin and see the magic. 

[GOBI]
Members
1,085 posts
4,433 battles

I think the vast majority of what appears to be AFK is server or internet drop. No fault of the player. Has happened to me more times than I can count, sometimes 2 or 3 times in one battle. Other times can't get back in. Never have been AFK.

[GRIT]
Members
20 posts
921 battles

Yeah, I was ‘AFK’ in a match tonight because my battle map  load screen got hung up the first battle after the update. The battle was running but I never loaded in. I restarted the game but it just dumped me back to the map screen. I had to wait for the battle to end to get back to port. I think it was a mod conflict. Anyway, there are lots reasons why people seem afk when they are having technical issues.

[PHD]
Members
1,562 posts
6,690 battles
1 hour ago, Janzig said:

Yeah, I was ‘AFK’ in a match tonight because my battle map  load screen got hung up the first battle after the update. The battle was running but I never loaded in. I restarted the game but it just dumped me back to the map screen. I had to wait for the battle to end to get back to port. I think it was a mod conflict. Anyway, there are lots reasons why people seem afk when they are having technical issues.

So the game is playing games again. Months ago my game would hang often after I started I was AFK but the ship was often moving, but sometimes not. And occasionally I could get back in during the game. 

[WOLFG]
Members
9,968 posts
9,029 battles
7 hours ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Do co-op afk wins get you the snowflake reward?

Yes, but don't make a habit of it.  Someone last year burned off flakes in coop by going AFK and ended up orange.

Members
566 posts
255 battles

how does co op jail affect co op players? having your name in orange font is not much of a penalty while you keep doing what you always do. co op is more fun than randoms, if shooting fish in a barrel is fun. it's only a penalty to random players because the rewards are a third as much for the same accomplishments.