You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Landsraad

What did Santa bring you this year?

23 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

Well it was bound to start up eventually, so let's whip out the internet scoreboards and start tallying up who RNGsus smiled upon this year. It's the inevitable "What did you get from your santa crates?" thread!

I'll start off with my swag as of day 1, which thus far from free containers, tier 10 snowflakes, and an 8-pack of Santa's Big Containers has been:

• 2900 doubloons
  • over 50k free XP
  • a bucket-load of flags and expendable camo
  • Siroco
  • West Virginia '41
  • 7500 coal

So nothing mind-blowing or world-ending, but I think that the two premiums and doubloons makes me come out better than even. Thanks Wargaming, I'll take it!

But what about the rest of you? What collection of pixels did RNG decide Santa should give everyone this year?

• Boring 2

[A-D-F]
7,801 posts
5 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Well it was bound to start up eventually, so let's whip out the internet scoreboards and start tallying up who RNGsus smiled upon this year. It's the inevitable "What did you get from your santa crates?" thread!

I'll start off with my swag as of day 1, which thus far from free containers, tier 10 snowflakes, and an 8-pack of Santa's Big Containers has been:

• 2900 doubloons
  • over 50k free XP
  • a bucket-load of flags and expendable camo
  • Siroco
  • West Virginia '41
  • 7500 coal

So nothing mind-blowing or world-ending, but I think that the two premiums and doubloons makes me come out better than even. Thanks Wargaming, I'll take it!

But what about the rest of you? What collection of pixels did RNG decide Santa should give everyone this year?

There is about 20 of these threads.  They started about 5 minutes after you could get the crates, early this morning.

• Boring 2

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

There is about 20 of these threads.  They started about 5 minutes after you could get the crates, early this morning.

Sorry? The only other one I saw was posted while I was typing mine up. Most of the topics I see are people complaining that the event isn't giving more stuff out for less.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,514 battles

That Time Of Year Again!

Look for this thread by RacerDemon it's easy and fun to participate. I sent 3 $1 gifts to 3 participants, 1 was declined so I was refunded 250 doubloons for it. However my participation was rewarded with 11 $1 gifts. None where ships but still quite a surprise for a bit of cheerful giving.

How could anyone be bored because another provided a tip about a good thing another player has started?

• Boring 1

[A-D-F]
7,801 posts
3 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

Sorry? The only other one I saw was posted while I was typing mine up. Most of the topics I see are people complaining that the event isn't giving more stuff out for less.

Loads and loads of them.  Nothing wrong with another one, carry on for sure. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,617 posts
14,196 battles

So far 1200 doubloons
60,000 free experience, 20,000 from flakes and 40,000 from the four initial free boxes
12 Frosty Fir camouflages
12 New Years Streamer
50 Equal Speed Charlie London
50 Zulu

That covers the four "free" containers and tier 10

[DVYJC]
Members
3,205 posts
7,083 battles

I had four free Gift containers and two free Gift containers from snowflakes: 100x standard signals, 12x camo, 300 doubloons.

I purchased 20 Big containers: 120 camos, 75 premium signals, 3,000 doubloons, 7,500 coal, Exeter. [Nominal Value: 7,000 doubloons]

I purchased 20 Mega containers:  60 camos, 240 premium signals, 6,000 doubloons, 37,500 coal, LeninT-61, and Duca d'Aosta. [Nominal Value: 27,100 doubloons]

Good Value. In doubloons and ships alone, that was approximately $148 in value for about $120 paid. 45,000 coal and 315 premium signals are additional value on top. Even the 180 camos will probably get used lavishly this update and be helpful.

Amazing value with screaming deals? No, not really, but more than my money's worth, which is all that I ask - if they're sold as special deals, they should have more than the usual value is all. Stocking up on multi-bonus econ camos and signals will help a lot this update. The coal boost got me almost to Thunderer, and the doubloon boost got me my first Puerto Rico boost if I want it. Or I could buy several ships with the coupons. None of the ships really strike me except for Exeter, but Exeter is a decent trainer for the upcoming RN heavy cruiser line, Lenin is a good trainer for my grind on Russian BBs, which I aim to complete this upcoming year, and I didn't have any German DDs, so T-61 will help for Ranked Sprint and for directive completion by diversifying my fleet.  Duca d'Aosta is less useful, but having a Tier VI Italian premium for operations + Gorizia means any Italian directive grinding tasks for XP or credits can be done in premium ships in operations, so that's a good thing.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[--K--]
Members
5,375 posts
17,483 battles

From the two free presents you get from logging in and the 20 presents I got for first wins in your Tier 10 fleet, I got; 900 gold, 20k free exp, 5k coal, some camos, A Lot of Zulu Signals and the Marblehead L... Which looks great sitting beside my regular Marblehead. 

:fish_palm:

[KSD]
Members
255 posts
11,802 battles

This is what I got this year!

04237B8C-DB0A-41F9-8C8D-8FDDB4719CFD.jpeg

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,057 posts
8,197 battles

Bought eight of the medium crates, got one bundle of camos, two bundles of signals, and 5k doubloons. Realized that I was about 500 doubloons from the first premium Puerto Rico booster so I grabbed it. In the Mega Crate that came with the booster I opened a Bayard(!). This was my first game in the thing. Thanks Santa!

shot-19.12.12_02.44.02-0102.jpg

[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts

20 Mega Crates netted me the Boise, the Mutsu, the Kii, the Lazo, and the Gallant. Plus 12.5k coal and a bunch of camos. No Doubloons or premium time. 4 free crates got me 150x of various normal econ flags, and 4x Fir camos. So, not exceptional, but not bad by any means, either.

[H_]
Members
748 posts
11,814 battles
8 hours ago, LT_Chatbanned said:

This is what I got this year!

04237B8C-DB0A-41F9-8C8D-8FDDB4719CFD.jpeg

I'm sure you are the envy of every captain buying crates.. Congratulations on getting both ships.. 

[WOLF6]
Members
86 posts
7,321 battles

So just before logging off I decided to buy one medium crate and it dropped the Lazo. I have a 19 point Ovetskin (spelling) that I use for my other Russian ships that I received last Christmas. I’ll probably buy a few more before it ends. I got a lot of doubloons last year that I used for perm camouflage for 4 of my ships.

[EQRN]
Members
2,052 posts
17,811 battles

Amongst the 4 freebies I got the WV 41.  Amongst the 10 T10 crates I got, every single one was camo or economic flags.  

[WOLFC]
Members
2,910 posts
16,656 battles

4 Freebies & 1 Tier 10: 4 Frosty Fir Tree, 50 Papa Papa, 30,000 FXP

Members
31 posts
3,639 battles

I whaled the Goriza big pack, so 40 mega containers from there, and then another 20 mega containers.

60 containers total hauled me:

- Lenin, Le Terrible, Arizona, Ark Royal, De Grasse, Agile, Exeter, Hill, & Siroco. Goriza came with the 40 mega container package.

- Another 20k Doubloons or so + camos, and flags.

Also, not sure how... I ended up with +20m credits somehow. I know I got 10m credits from the Goriza package, but not quite sure where the other 10m came from.

I was disappointed no tier 9 ships, but can't complain. After I did the math, I did come out on top, but... just not the ships I wanted. The Lenin and Terrible will help me get some more steel I guess. Not sure if I'll buy anymore containers. I have enough doubloons to last me, and I'm not going for the Puerto Rico, so... idk. If I get a Christmas bonus this year, maybe roll another 20 mega containers.