Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

2019 present opening thread.

16 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,524 posts

To celebrate a delicious breakfast, and having the foresight to pick up cream for my coffee on the way home,  I went ahead and got a few gifts.

20x  of the small, and 5 of the megas.   For the hell of it, I'll include the free ones, too.

So far, I got a Yudachi out of the 20 pack, plus loads of coal, a bunch of dubs, and a big ol pile of flags.  (which is what I wanted in the first place!)  A few camos, too.

The 5-pack was a mix of coal, special flags; and camos.  All NY Streamers- which is fine, as that's a good one.

So far, so good.

The free presents netted me a Lazo!!  And more doubloons.    (Lazo was a supercontainer, so it was a re-rolled duplicate)

I also got my first good look at the directives.  Yikes!!!   Someone needs their head examined, those are crazy for a time sensitive event...

I happened to already have lots of doubloons, so I went ahead and did the first 8k dub boost.   Between that, and the initial free boost, I'm nearly done with phase 2.    I gotta say, the introductory video was way cool, and the drydock looks neat as well.  

I also bought the nekkid Gorizia bundle.    To get a head start on the 4 ship missions  (I have them all, so that will restock my credits.) and get access to the restricted directive steps.    The ship itself is decently fun, but I Love gunships- your mileage may vary.

Also started knocking off snowflakes.   This time, I did all the minor nations first  PA;  Pan AM; Eu; Ital; and Commonwealth.  Then moved on to the Brits.  BB's first.   Now I can concentrate on the big lines.   All coal, so far, save for 2 tier 8s'  Craparch; and the PA Kuznetsov.

Along the way, I finally broke down and bought Gadja Mada (It's been researched for a while now).   NOW I see what all the shouting is about- what a fun little bote!

So, for those keeping track, that's 4 new ships today, lol.    Still have the exact same number in port, though, due to the Halloween ships going away, and rage selling the god-awful Monarch.  (110k xp, and I just couldn't take any more of it...)

So anyone else get anything good, so far?    We've got grumpy threads, how about making this the positive one?

• Cool 2

Members
62 posts
2,173 battles

There is nothing, nothing I say, better than a good cup of coffee and your favorite creamer! Congrats on your haul. You sound like a hardworking guy on a late shift job and you deserved to treat yourself. My wife tells me the same. This is my first WOWS Christmas event as a retired person and I am looking carefully at what people are getting. It is very late here, but man, I want to make a pot of coffee! 

[WOLF9]
Members
4,524 posts
2 hours ago, Confucious said:

There is nothing, nothing I say, better than a good cup of coffee and your favorite creamer! Congrats on your haul. You sound like a hardworking guy on a late shift job and you deserved to treat yourself. My wife tells me the same. This is my first WOWS Christmas event as a retired person and I am looking carefully at what people are getting. It is very late here, but man, I want to make a pot of coffee! 

Heck yeah- I got some good Sumatra, and now I have half and half to put in it.   That powdered creamer stuff is crap.

The event would be better,  if the tasks weren't so ridiculous- and the games themselves a giant bucket of poop.

Members
336 posts
6,436 battles

I use heavy whipping cream in my coffee...it's amazing.  I got 20k fxp from my free crates, so I'm a bit closer to friesland now

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
6 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

(Lazo was a supercontainer, so it was a re-rolled duplicate)

Is that what that means? Interesting, that means I got a reroll that gave me my Siroco out of an 8 pack of big gifts.

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles
6 hours ago, Confucious said:

Cream? Who are you. The best coffee is a dark roast, black with nothing in it.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
20,667 posts
14,745 battles

I got a rock... er, a whole bunch of Zulu Hotel flags and 300 doubloons from my freebies. I haven't bought any and I don't intend to, except as gifts.

Okay, we all want the thrill of popping a baby Santa container and getting the Missouri, but that's like asking a dwarf basketballer to shoot a hoop at the top of the Empire State Building from the middle of Central Park. But I ALWAYS run Zulu Hotel on all my US, British and Soviet premiums (and any tech tree ships the 19 pointers go into), and it's always nice to have more.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,667 posts
14,745 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

Cream? Who are you. The best coffee is a dark roast, black with nothing in it.

The only true coffee is made in this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot 

I'll take mine with raw sugar, though. No offence.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,225 posts
7,152 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I got a rock... er, a whole bunch of Zulu Hotel flags and 300 doubloons from my freebies. I haven't bought any and I don't intend to, except as gifts.

Okay, we all want the thrill of popping a baby Santa container and getting the Missouri, but that's like asking a dwarf basketballer to shoot a hoop at the top of the Empire State Building from the middle of Central Park. But I ALWAYS run Zulu Hotel on all my US, British and Soviet premiums (and any tech tree ships the 19 pointers go into), and it's always nice to have more.

Did you open the one I sent you? I'm super curious. I bet it was Frosty Fir Tree!

[ARGSY]
Members
20,667 posts
14,745 battles
2 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Did you open the one I sent you? I'm super curious. I bet it was Frosty Fir Tree!

I wasn't even aware that I'd been sent one by somebody. Normally an e-mail alert pops up that someone gifted me something, and do I want to accept it?

I shall check my records. I keep a record of every box I get, and I'm pretty sure my three T10 premiums and four free boxes are all accounted for.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,225 posts
7,152 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I wasn't even aware that I'd been sent one by somebody. Normally an e-mail alert pops up that someone gifted me something, and do I want to accept it?

I shall check my records. I keep a record of every box I get, and I'm pretty sure my three T10 premiums and four free boxes are all accounted for.

Hmm... I sent a couple gifts to forum members last night. The other person got his. :/

[INTEL]
Members
3,133 posts
17,161 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The only true coffee is made in this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot 

I'll take mine with raw sugar, though. No offence.

Yeah, I've had a lot of that while traveling in Europe but ultimately I've graduated to pour-over, black.

Coffee is free at work, but you get free coffee...

My wife purchased this for me and I have it at work.

https://www.amazon.com/Gourmia-GCM4900-Automatic-Coffee-Maker/dp/B076VVTRNM?ref_=ast_sto_dp

[LEGIT]
Members
2,343 posts
32,112 battles

I opened the 1st 4 containers and the 1st two I got 300 doubloons and 50 nice signals.  I'm going to try to hold off opening all the T 0 crates I get from snowflakes until Christmas Eve!

[ARGSY]
Members
20,667 posts
14,745 battles
13 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Hmm... I sent a couple gifts to forum members last night. The other person got his. :/

I checked my junk mail folder and it's not there. I will check again. Previous gifts have shown up in my general e-mail without any problems.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,225 posts
7,152 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I checked my junk mail folder and it's not there. I will check again. Previous gifts have shown up in my general e-mail without any problems.

Can't seem to find any e-mail confirmation of my gift purchases from the WG site...

[ARGSY]
Members
20,667 posts
14,745 battles
27 minutes ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

Can't seem to find any e-mail confirmation of my gift purchases from the WG site...

It was in the premium shop, as a notice in the top bar, when I logged in to activate a twitch mission. I have accepted it, and will be opening it when I fire up the game this evening.

Thank you.

Sign in to follow this