You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

6 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
656 posts
16,209 battles
In this video, I try to compile the various articles into a single resource on how to get the most from the new 0.8.11 update.
I hope it helps reduce any frustration !

I will also be making a short update video on the dry dock and the specifics on building Puerto Rico on launch morning in a few days time and all of the information is available to us .. 

Edited by Karandar
  • Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
656 posts
16,209 battles

a Quick summary of how to earn ship tokens needed to build the free ship building boosters for the Puerto Rico -

1) Play the directives and complete them quickly as possible through as many of the 7 stages as you can.  1950 tokens are possible

2) Daily log in - the first 14 days each grant tokens in addition to the other goodies... 5-10 each day - 75 tokens in total

3) Completing the 6 daily chain missions - the basexp in victories also grant ship building tokens for the rest of this update ... 20 per day, 640 tokens in total through Jan 12

[DPG]
Supertester
656 posts
16,209 battles

I just uploaded the Video below, Where I run through all of the most current information on how to construct the Puerto Rico(or if you want to even try), the impact of the dabloon boosters, and then towards the end, I offer some recommendations on how to get the most from this controversial holiday update, and hold onto your Sanity in this  Salty update... 

Edited by Karandar

[DPG]
Supertester
656 posts
16,209 battles

One thing to note regarding finishing these directives as best we can... 

I have 2 clan mates who purchased the Gorizia, one completed the 3 Gorizia missions of directive 1 in just 7 battles. So - IF you are considering buying dabloons in the near future, then buying the Gorizia now and using it to more quickly grind through the first 3 directives where we would normally earn the  Gorizia at stage 3 will get you 8500 dabloons according to the article, then this represents a decent and aggravation reducing purchase value 

Besides just the easier completion of the first 3 directives stages, The other thing purchasing the Gorizia sooner than earning her for free does is allows you to begin the 4 tech tree T6 ships missions, complete with port slots and 3 pt captains, and 2 of which come with perma cammo and if you already own any of these tech tree ships, you will earn credits instead for the ships. these 4 mission chains also give you another dozen ship building collection containers.   

-So reducing the grind time of the first 3 directives and giving you far more time to complete the T6 tech tree missions ....

EDITED:  Also - each directive we get through gets us further stages down the dockyard progress - 36 in all, with various rewards like 50 signal flags, freexp, various holiday containers and such. - These are the good things about the dockyard concept that are being overshadowed by the ridiculously difficult missions in the last 4 directive stages....

------------------------------------------------------ 

Regarding the Gorizia itself - Both of my clan mates agree it is not a terribly fun ship to play, and will likely never play it again outside of these directives. and perhaps future snow flake events. Similar to the other Italian T7 and lower ships - very fragile. Very strong with SAP rounds vs destroyers, particularly effective with its hydro acoustic consumable ...  but tissue paper armor. 

------------------------------------------------------

Hope this information helps a little more ... 

First two gorizia missions 3 .png

second pair of gorizia missions 4 .png

Edited by Karandar

[DPG]
Supertester
656 posts
16,209 battles
3 hours ago, blackstarraven said:

"I can't afford to grind out the Porto Rico, I have a job."

-WarGaming.

Yeah, i caught that - Pretty rough stream for MrConway ... I don't think anyone is pleased with how this event all went down.

I really hope WG learns and practices  better communication sooner than later - it has taken away from what is otherwise a pretty decent update - They are harming their business badly with bad communication practices this past year that are ALL completely avoidable!  - They need a PR department shake up, and management has to actually listen to the PR department before it permanently damages this great game. Players definitely need to voice their concerns and frustrations - but in a constructive way - and also offer solutions. AND WG has to actually start listening.

Event missteps like this just make everyone so angry, they miss out on the good things in the game. 

***  So, that is what I have been trying to do here, is to highlight how captains can still play the many other various missions and little events in this update - even a couple of the earlier directives and token collecting to make some dockyard progress for as many stage completion bonuses we can earn, because there is a lot of free content there, and beside all the other things that can be earned in this update that is not the insane directive grind ... Still try to get enjoyment from where we can.