You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Blue_Darter

Dockyard event is insulting.

215 comments in this topic

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,951 battles
11 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Almost like development costs.... real money

Not following you.. are you trying to make a point? Or just engaging in random WG fangirling?

Edited by Blue_Darter
  • Cool 14
  • Boring 5

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts
12 minutes ago, Blue_Darter said:

Insufferable grind only barely mitigated by spending nearly 100 USD. The greed on display is breathtaking.

Then don’t do it.  What’s the problem?

• Cool 5
  • Boring 6

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,119 posts
10 minutes ago, Blue_Darter said:

Insufferable grind only barely mitigated by spending nearly 100 USD. The greed on display is breathtaking.

What greed?

Why do you think that WG owes you something?

You can complete any and all of their events for free if you dedicate enough time to them. Yes, there is sometimes a lot of "grinding" to be done but few things that are worth anything come easy in life.

It's completely up to you whether or not you want to play to complete the event or pay to complete it. Or, you can just ignore it. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 11

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,951 battles
Just now, TheDreadnought said:

Then don’t do it.  What’s the problem?

Not a problem in the world, bauce.. but I am a customer, and if I am dissatisfied I will submit my opinion. Clear?

• Cool 25
  • Boring 6

[TOG]
Members
4,194 posts
24,528 battles

Well, in my case in my case it's grinding out for steel at the moment.I'm doing coop for this one. I'm leaving T10 for last. I'm noting that I already finished 1 task and I'm not even done with T9 yet. The actual construction isn't due to start till next week. If you want to get it now, yeah go and spend $100.00.or you can grind out the first 200 tokens for this week and plunk it in.

• Cool 1

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,951 battles
Just now, Snargfargle said:

What greed?

Why do you think that WG owes you something?

You can complete any and all of their events for free if you dedicate enough time to them. Yes, there is sometimes a lot of "grinding" to be done but few things that are worth anything come easy in life.

It's completely up to you whether or not you want to play to complete the event or pay to complete it. Or, you can just ignore it. 

They must make a ton of bank off submissive whales like you

• Cool 13
  • Funny 11
  • Boring 8

Members
5,300 posts
10,082 battles
9 minutes ago, Blue_Darter said:

Not following you.. are you trying to make a point? Or just engaging in random WG fangirling?

The point is rather obvious - rather sad that common sense is 'fangirling'...  F2P game yet they still have to make money.  Little to do with 'greed' but more to do with needing money to do work...  Again - rather obvious.  And the event is in no way 'insulting'.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,608 posts
11,306 battles

Your not a customer everything is free unless you choice other wise . Go knock off some snow flakes get 75 free steel and a Santa crate or is that no good either .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 7

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,951 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

The point is rather obvious - rather sad that common sense is 'fangirling'...  F2P game yet they still have to make money.  Little to do with 'greed' but more to do with needing money to do work...  Again - rather obvious.

I know they need to keep the lights on. I'm all for it. And I would cheerfully support monetization of a moderate grind. This though.. I'm sorry, but it is beyond the pale. I won't support it, and I will call it out.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[POP]
Members
1,294 posts
10,144 battles

It's funny. I've completed all these quests, have all the ARP ships, etc. No money spent. 

Is it a grind? Sure. But it's something to achieve. It's a goal. When there's no goal, I play just a handful of games a day.  Goal, I've already completed the snowflakes on all my TX ships and have the T9s. Completed 3 of the tasks already. They were good games too. Even the losses were kind of fun. 

It's a game. If you don't like playing it, then you're free to not play it. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
5,300 posts
10,082 battles
1 minute ago, Blue_Darter said:

I know they need to keep the lights on. I'm all for it. And I would cheerfully support monetization of a moderate grind. This though.. I'm sorry, but it is beyond the pale. I won't support it, and I will call it out.

And we will call it out that the complaint is rather silly at best and not 'fangirling' in any way but stating the obvious.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Boring 8

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
22,521 battles
7 minutes ago, Blue_Darter said:

I am a customer, and if I am dissatisfied I will submit my opinion. Clear?

That is what customer service is for. I suppose you are spouting off nonsense here just to make trouble.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,786 posts

There's a difference between monetizing via offering good value, and monetizing via things like this set of Directives.

"Wargaming needs to make money" -- True

"This event will make some money" -- True

"Therefore this event is fine" -- unfounded conclusion that ignores the actual issues at hand.

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 17

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,951 battles

And we will call it out that the complaint is rather silly at best and not 'fangirling' in any way but stating the obvious.

If you are okay with this grind, and you are okay with the extreme monetization of the boosts, then we must agree to disagree, because I cannot reach you. I wish you well.

• Boring 2

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,119 posts
Just now, Blue_Darter said:

They must make a ton of bank off submissive whales like you

I've played this game for three years now and have obtained hundreds of hours of entertainment from it. I have 10,000 matches under my belt, have 10 Premium ships in my port and 40 non-premium ships. Currently. I have 100 million credits and 3800 doubloons, which I'm saving until I can get another permacamo for my new tier X, the Henri IV. I have 57 permacamos for various ships and tiers that I've received from events or from doubloons that I've obtained from events. I've also received over 90 days of premium time from containers and events over the years.

How much money have I spent on the game? Not a single penny. I'd like to contribute real money to the game but I'm on a fixed income. I try to contribute to the community by playing and by what advice and entertainment I can give in the forums though.

If you look to your left you will see me when I was a soldier. I was a paramedic for a couple of decades after that and then a field biologist. I have a Master's rating in scuba, including search and rescue training, and was a Marine Board boating instructor. I have traveled to 48 states and the Lower Provinces of Canada on a motorcycle, I've taught biology and wildlife habitat assessment in college. I used to have two dozen students eight thousand feet up the mountain three times a week doing stream surveys. For the first class of every school year we had to take chainsaws and winches up to cut the trail open so we could get the trucks in. I've built several houses and farmed/ranched for five years too, among a dozen other things. I don't think that these types of endeavors make for a very submissive person. 

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7

[5D2]
[5D2]
Supertester
2,355 posts
23,832 battles

A few thoughts:

Wargaming needs to keep the lights on, servers up, and the Devs paid or else the whole thing is just a wash anyway. Businesses are meant to make money and free handouts one after another arent going to do that.

However, WG also recycles elements over and over and it should reduce the cost of a ship.  Im sure no one has had to model a 127mm dual turret for USN ships in years. The same could be said for a lot of elements.i think pricing the ship so high is a bit over the top and those numbers for the final directives are insane.

Members
5,300 posts
10,082 battles
11 minutes ago, Blue_Darter said:

If you are okay with this grind, and you are okay with the extreme monetization of the boosts, then we must agree to disagree, because I cannot reach you. I wish you well.

I will or will not do it - it is quite that simple.  Since I have a job and kids I will probably do part of it.  They can try and monitize anything they want I and will do what ever I want to do.  There is not reason to 'try and reach me'.

[JTF67]
Members
106 posts
9,951 battles

There is not reason to 'try and reach me'.

But you see a need to insult my opinion.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Members
108 posts

I work for a company that manufactures power supplies and infrastructure for data centers and let me tell you, that stuff ain't cheap, unlike the free to players' that seem to dominate the discourse 'round these parts.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,721 battles

I empathize with the OP, but honestly we kind of saw this coming and this kind of event is standard fare for WoWS. I have to admit, the grind this time around is pretty shocking though. It is just shameful. 

If we are being honest, I am glad that this grind is way beyond my will to play a video game. Normally the events are designed to keep me interested and playing, with just enough anxiety to make me sweat. This time around at the onset, it just is too much to ask so I will have all sorts of free time to spend doing other things. With such absurd requirements needed to get a mediocre ship, Wargaming is before the event starting, ensuring that I will not only play less, but spend nothing. There seems little point. 

My focus now is blowing off snowflakes, grinding out two crates, doing the first Daily Mission, and farming the free Santa crates. All this is doable with minimal effort and zero dollars/doubloons spent. Best thing is, can do it all in co-op. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 8

Alpha Tester
598 posts
15,654 battles

The problem for me is not how high the bar is on some of missions, it's that it is happening at the during the Christmas holidays and the couple weeks after. This time of the year the days are full of visiting, and being visited by family. Could have done it it March, I'd have been good with that.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
342 posts
11,701 battles
9 minutes ago, Red_Wedding_Planner said:

All I know is, WG is targeting 2 demographics:

1. The whales that'll pay anything for pixel botes.

2. The jobless with infinite free time.

Except this time, they're really testing #2.

I can confirm #2 ... and that's saying something.