Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Shipbuilding info from WG

19 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,068 posts
16,438 battles

@Femennenly

I have been reading most of the day about the math and time required to build this boat. 

I have but a question. 

Can this be done without a premium account? Spending real money? 

Will you lower the task requirements based on the massive amount of complaints posted here just today? If people are posting that it take on ave 20 hours a day to do each of the tasks, isn't that a bit silly considering most of the players are not kids out of school for the break. we all play at night after work. So we have maybe 2 hours a day to spend grinding? So if this cant be done without 100 bucks and several hundred hours. Will you consider offing a buy out number? You want money or there would not be a buy a boost option. So have a buy out number for the people that don't have 250 hours to play a game. considering that a new directive is released every 4 days. BTW that is only 96 total hours. So let's say I work 8 hours and commute 30 each way. that is 9 out of 24 = 15 hours left. gotta sleep. lets say 6 hours 15-6= 9 hours left to game. well gotta eat so 1 hour for that 8 left. perhaps i want to see my kids or wife so 2 hours for them. 6 left. oh shoot have to shower and use the bathroom dress. lets call that 1 hour. so we have 5 left. Alright 

5 hours a day for the next few weeks. Now lets make some numbers 

5 hours is 300 minutes, divided by 20 minutes per match and that nets 15 matches a day. so using myself as an average player, i average 1,451 xp per match almost 10k matches.

so i can make 1451*15=21765 base xp. now how many things can i stack to that number. if i use all the signals and it will net me? I left camos out as too many to try to list but assume you get something. 

21765 base xp for 15 games 

65295 300% signal

10882 kracken 50%

21765 red dragon 100%

10882 hydra 

130589 xp per 5 hours of game play. times 4 days 522356 total xp earned. that seems a bit short of some of the directives. 

• Papa Papa 

Boosts the amount of free experience earned by 300%.65295

Equal Speed Charlie London (Kraken Unleashed)

The well-known signal of the Royal Navy gives you a 50% bonus to experience earned in battle. 10882

Red Dragon

Get a boost alongside your Commander with +100% bonuses to XP and Commander XP. 21765

Hydra

Many heads, many bonuses! The "Hydra" flag gives you +150% Commander XP, +250% Free XP, and +50% XP per battle. 10882 

• Funny 1

[O7]
Members
1,031 posts
4,470 battles

Honestly I dont understand why people are so upset over this

Remember the Cossack? That was a DD where if you played everyday you would be able to purchase it for $1

So instead of seeing PR as a massive grind reward ship, see it as a normal premium ship where you have the luxury of getting massive discounts just for playing the game!

Not to mention you can easily get a T7 premium, which is usually worth a lot of money, a big upgrade from the things like Hill.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[SQUAD]
Members
9,159 posts
11,191 battles
2 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Remember the Cossack? That was a DD where if you played everyday you would be able to purchase it for $1

So instead of seeing PR as a massive grind reward ship, see it as a normal premium ship where you have the luxury of getting massive discounts just for playing the game!

Not to mention you can easily get a T7 premium, which is usually worth a lot of money, a big upgrade from the things like Hill.

This, this, and also, this.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,086 posts
3,987 battles
1 minute ago, DolphinPrincess said:

In this case, though, each full directive needs to be completed in the first 24 hours after release to get the boosters applied in time, with just a little bit of room for error.  So, maximizing the boosters to limit the final cost for PR requires a person to binge-play each day a directive goes live.  I don't recall that being necessary for Cossack.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,115 posts
8,343 battles
6 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

For one, because the price to buy her today is about 230$.

Secondly, even spending just the 24k doubloons (and not the 36k as well) isn't enough to get her if you don't do a few directive sets or more. You'd still need something like 10m points if memory serves.

There really isn't much of a discount to get here. Even the cheapest discount is 6k doubloons, or about 30$. If you do it for free, you'll likely need to spend the doubloons to instant complete it anyways, which will cost (presumably) 36k, 24k or 12k depending on how far you make it. The latter two are my guesses. 36k is a known number, making the cost up to 60k doubloons maximum.

So, yes. People aren't happy when a ship is presented as free but really isn't. The difference between Cossack and PR is that Cossack was presented as a discount.

Members
935 posts
4,079 battles
1 hour ago, DolphinPrincess said:

This is possibly going to be the only way in a long while that we're going to be able to get Puerto Rico, unless it is sold as a steel ship or something which also takes quite some effort to get. It's a really big letdown considering how to get the ship so far, you need to spend like 59,000 doubloons or about ~$250 USD. I can buy 3.125 1/350 titanics for that much money and they last forever, instead of a pixel cruiser.

The directives themselves are quite painful to do, especially when compared to the previous years (although the ships were of lower tier). Some of them require you to earn 1.1m XP, 350k free xp, that's really just absurd. Even with the first directive, there are tasks like kill 65 ships, hit 100 citadels, cause 165k fire damage, etc and these tasks take a lot longer than those of other directives from other events.

The game advertised that you could get Puerto Rico for free. Yes you can, but not unless you put some serious investment into the game that the majority of players don't have. People even mathematically concluded that it's impossible to get Puerto Rico for free. Instead, you have to sink a lot of money into it that can be better spent in other places.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,298 posts
19,010 battles
55 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

hit 100 citadels

that is at least done in cruisers and BBs, so go to co-op and drive-by bot cruisers and BBs and tada, easy citadels.

Members
935 posts
4,079 battles
10 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

that is at least done in cruisers and BBs, so go to co-op and drive-by bot cruisers and BBs and tada, easy citadels.

That isn't always as easy. In co op your targets will often die before you get enough citadels, the game will quickly end first, etc. Even then 100 ciradels is quite a lot for a directive 1 task

[HINON]
Members
13,387 posts
7 minutes ago, richie_macrophage said:

That isn't always as easy. In co op your targets will often die before you get enough citadels, the game will quickly end first, etc. Even then 100 ciradels is quite a lot for a directive 1 task

It isnt just citadels though. I believe fires also count and maybe one other as well. 

Members
935 posts
4,079 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

It isnt just citadels though. I believe fires also count and maybe one other as well. 

Yes but even factoring in fires, 100 total is a lot for directive 1

[-K-]
Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

I'm not bothered by the PR being behind a massive grind and/or paywall.  If you don't want to put the time or money in to get it, you don't have to.  What "offends" me is that a player who doesn't quite understand the math who dumps 6,000 or even 14,000 doubloons into the grind and is still not able to complete the mission, thus losing, his 6k or 14k doubloons.  That's pretty despicable.

Edited by Pope_Shizzle
  • Cool 2

[ANZ4C]
Members
108 posts
8,917 battles
14 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Because it's functionally impossible to complete the directives in the time provided. It would take a group of very good skippers, playing around the clock to complete some of these tasks, and even then only maybe.
Making it difficult is one thing, making it impossible without dropping quite large amounts of money is something entirely different,

[DPG]
Members
1,952 posts
9,875 battles
14 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Wasn't the Cossack event over the course of three patches?  Getting Cossack was lengthy to be sure, but it wasn't a break out the bucket, air freshener, and cheetos kind of grind. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,089 posts
4,661 battles
16 hours ago, MEANN said:

Will you consider offing a buy out number?

WG has a stated principle that they never sell Tier X ships for cash.  You can get PR for a massive amount of Doubloons and no grind, which I believe is as close as they'll get to a straight cash offer.  So there it is. 

What you *really* seem to want is a buy out number less than $236 USD.

16 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I'm with you in sentiment, but I have to point out that massive discounts off an outrageous base cost still can be an outrageous cost... 

...and that we haven't seen that the final buy-out cost will be a function of the amount of points left in the build.  That is critical at this point to judge whether or not to invest up front. 

Edited by iDuckman

[HATE]
Members
1,068 posts
16,438 battles
9 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

What you *really* seem to want is a buy out number less than $236 USD.

I won't pay that ever for any ship. Most everyone feels that the event is a bust based on how stupid the tasks are. 100 cits 980k xp it is just dumb. I was more looking for them to half the task requirements. 

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,089 posts
4,661 battles
1 minute ago, MEANN said:

I won't pay that ever for any ship. Most everyone feels that the event is a bust based on how stupid the tasks are. 100 cits 980k xp it is just dumb. I was more looking for them to half the task requirements. 

Totally with you on that, except for the name calling.  It's not "stupid", it's carefully judged.  Obviously WG knows that players like us simply won't do it.  Their choice.

(If they did halve the gold and directive costs, I might actually try it.)

[HATE]
Members
1,068 posts
16,438 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Totally with you on that, except for the name calling.  It's not "stupid", it's carefully judged.  Obviously WG knows that players like us simply won't do it.  Their choice.

(If they did halve the gold and directive costs, I might actually try it.)

They are infact dumb, as it has cause a shitstorm of players to feel that they are being duped. and most Americans are very vocal about that. silly thing to do. they had a great idea about building a ship. they could have done it so you could accomplish it in the time allocated by playing at least 12 games a day for the ship building mats. that way it can be done and done in about 2 to 3 hours 

[USCC]
Members
3,010 posts
13,776 battles
12 minutes ago, MEANN said:

they had a great idea about building a ship.

You're right, they had a great idea and just tossed it in the trash, this was to be an epic event, and what we ended up with is just more of the same old WG slap in the face.
I will say WG has given us a LOT of great stuff to go along with this event, I won't take that away from them, but the main part of the event has really taken the shine off that diamond.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,089 posts
4,661 battles

Someone has suggested a possible additional motive:  WG may be trying to force low-level botters out into the open. 

Sign in to follow this