You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Illustratum_AEternam

Need confirmation from moderator or Dev: will this Xmas be the last chance to get Puerto Rico ?

29 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
507 posts
10,402 battles

Dear War-gaming,

is this Xmas season the only and last chance to earn Puerto Rico(like uss benham)?

Will there be other opportunities?

Thanks!

• Cool 1

[SEMFI]
[SEMFI]
Members
91 posts
14 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Then it is in our interest to not spend money...

Is that the cup WG really wants to drink from?

When are you guys gonna get it through your head, that WG doesn't care about you forum players. The playerbase is huge and 90% don't even use this forum. Scream [edited] and Moan all ya want. When you complain its just noise to WG. The only way to get change is... Get more of the playerbase on the forum.

[DPG]
Members
1,953 posts
9,884 battles

If history is any indication then it will probably be available in the future, and it will more than likely be cheaper than $236.00.  That will inevitably lead to forum threads of rage "Hey WG, if I had known that I would be able to buy the ship 6 months later for 120 bucks I wouldn't have bought all those doubloons!, no more money from me!"

[ARGSY]
Members
20,670 posts
14,760 battles
6 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

That will inevitably lead to forum threads of rage "Hey WG, if I had known that I would be able to buy the ship 6 months later for 120 bucks I wouldn't have bought all those doubloons!, no more money from me!"

And Wargaming's somewhat justified reply would be, "That was the price of immediate access and you were willing to pay it."

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,813 posts
12 minutes ago, NoobieDude said:

When are you guys gonna get it through your head, that WG doesn't care about you forum players. The playerbase is huge and 90% don't even use this forum. Scream [edited] and Moan all ya want. When you complain its just noise to WG. The only way to get change is... Get more of the playerbase on the forum.

Backlash from the forums, etc, pushed WG to scrap the original incarnation of NTC/Regrind Bureau.

And even if you think that's not true, why spam threads on this issue?  If it doesn't matter, why comment on it?

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Members
1,058 posts
7,478 battles

1.) it probably won't be the last time it is available

2.) WG is probably already internally testing nerfs to the PR, even if it isn't overperforming in the slightest. WG committed a bait-and-switch last year at this time when they were selling Steel for $ and purposefully withheld information that they were already internally testing nerfs for the Stalingrad. Well for one it wasn't overperforming, and two, they waited to publicly announce the nerfs until AFTER everyone bought up the Steel for $$$$$.

Edited by Varknyn12
  • Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
1,953 posts
9,884 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

And Wargaming's somewhat justified reply would be, "That was the price of immediate access and you were willing to pay it."

Haha, that's far too direct a response.  You haven't put enough spin on there to be anything official from WG.  I don't really care how people spend their money, but I'm still going to laugh at them.  The only affect purchasers of PR will have on my experience is when the events get even more ludicrous because they know people will put up the moolah.  Of course, that will be my cue to hit the road.  

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,991 posts
5,814 battles

I doubt it'll disappear forever after Christmas. More likely it'll return for coal, steel and/or a premium store price for rich people.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,681 posts
14,005 battles

Aloha,

Yes the PR will be available in the future. I cannot talk about specifics however at this time.

-Hapa

• Cool 2

[POP]
Members
4,458 posts
11,592 battles
1 hour ago, Wolcott said:

PR could end up being another carrot for WG to dangle in santa crates, so don't hold your breath.

If it is, it would be the first t10 available in the santa crates. I’d expect it to either be a coal/steel ship or RB reward. 

[TARK]
Members
6,967 posts
2,626 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

Yes the PR will be available in the future. I cannot talk about specifics however at this time.

-Hapa

So...why would anyone give you doubloons for it now?

Seriously, you do realize you just destroyed the marketing strategy for the grind, right?

You are supposed to say that you dont know if she will be available so you better invest now!

Sigh.

• Funny 1

[-K_P-]
Members
418 posts
3,500 battles

`Conway mentioned that yes the PR will be available via the armory at some future time. ' (or something close to that)

Basically the grind is for extra early access.

[RKLES]
Members
12,554 posts
14,283 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Aloha,

-Hapa

I can confirm this as somebody who has played Wargaming games for 5 years. Even if something appears to be a one time even it’s likely not. The exceptions are with Anime content in which case the events can end up being 1 time events.