You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
general_D_H_Chun

Puerto Rico isn't worth 59,000 doubloons. It's not worth anything.

40 comments in this topic

[KIA-A]
Members
262 posts
7,673 battles

No, I don't recommend going for this ship.

strengths:
-Des Moines Autobounce
-12 guns
-citadel placement

weaknesses:
-battleship dispersion formula. this is not the Stalingrad clone you are looking for
-worst reload of all supercruisers
-big target, I'm assuming it handles like [edited]

Simply put, why bother? It's not worth anything.

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,486 posts
10,381 battles

This has to be the most awkward event ever. Make the most heinous grind for the most boring ship?

Yeah, big shooter, sign me up!

Not.

• Cool 1

[ANK-A]
Members
1,172 posts
10,321 battles
25 minutes ago, general_D_H_Chun said:

go treat yourself to a family vacation. take a break from the game. do something meaningful.

The more I think about it, the more I think you're right and I'll just say F it.  I was excited about it, and was willing to spend a little money on it, BUT, it looks too much like work, and I have enough of that IRL.

Beta Testers
507 posts
10,402 battles

so funny if you think about this

the largest navy in the world, equals 2-4 combine after WW2

can't have a good ship rivaling a paper ship from the Red Russian, where sailors sail on land in black polos

especially a post war us ship would have a real computer made by IBM on board, should have at least 3.0 sigma

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
14,481 posts
25,669 battles

Well, I’m a curmudgeonly bachelor, and have the week off between Christmas and New Year, so we’ll see.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,305 posts
19,030 battles
38 minutes ago, general_D_H_Chun said:

-worst reload of all supercruisers

although the extra gun means it has the best theoretical DPM of all supercruisers, with only Yoshino having more HE DPM. Although yes, I think Alaska is tier for tier the better ship, I'm just going to try to get it, but if I don't I don't, I'll just have to trade some coal in a few months time maybe, and take Gorizia, a month of premium time (thank you T10 santa containers), Thunderer, and Grozovoi.

[PSA]
Members
5,102 posts
3,671 battles

I have no interest in getting PR for a variety of reasons:

- I have Alaska which is a better ship at tier 9 than PR is at tier 10.

- I wish to have a life and not grind like a madman for a few weeks, ignoring everything else.

- I have no desire to throw a car payment worth of cash to speed up said grind.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,519 posts
6,686 battles

Yea...WG overselling this one...I'm not even going to think about it and enjoy the holiday and easy T7 premium....

• Cool 1

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

I seriously don’t know what they were thinking. Last directive you have to earn 350k free XP on 1 ship. Sorry you can shove it where sun doesn’t shine.

• Cool 3

[--K--]
Members
1,349 posts
10,508 battles
2 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

I seriously don’t know what they were thinking. Last directive you have to earn 350k free XP on 1 ship. Sorry you can shove it where sun doesn’t shine.

It’s FReE dude 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,085 posts
4,433 battles

On website explaining it said not possible time wise to earn without boosters which cost real $$$? Did I read this wrong? Plus the endless grind? Think I will pass. Being the season, I'm more inclined to play less anyways as I will be busy with family, friends and parties!

• Cool 1

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,228 posts
58 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Well, I’m a curmudgeonly bachelor, and have the week off between Christmas and New Year, so we’ll see.

this , gonna be on xmas vac. gonna use costumer tips for any dubs i spend  so what ever happens happens lol

[WOLF1]
Members
2,878 posts

i agree PR sucks, she has worse rudder shift, worse turning circle, worse dispersion than some BBs, yep you read that right

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,651 posts
12,617 battles

The worst part is how the boosts have time value, so you're pressured to spend at least $25 up front just to keep the option open to grind out the ship, before you know your work schedule or family schedule or any of that.

That's where this crosses the line from over-priced into exploitative.

Members
408 posts
7,471 battles

ONE directive is 350K free XP on one ship???? You are kidding me? I've had to remind players in game but I never thought I would have to tell WG to remember this is a game not a bloody job. Most enjoyable things stop being fun if you are forced to do it more than you normally would. 

I have four weeks off in two weeks but I want to spend more time away from the 'puter not on it. I'm not even going to try for the PR. I will just play as normal and just make do with any side extras that crop up along the way. 

• Cool 1

[UEFN]
Members
1,339 posts
23,271 battles

Adding the PR to my trash list, alongside Yoshino, Ohio, Colbert and a bunch of other trashy water mobile i don't care to own. 

Hell, even my Belfast, Kutuzov, Missouri, Musashi, along with many other premium ships have been sitting in the port collecting dust for months or haven't touched them since last xmas, even the OP Stalingrad is slowly becoming a shelf queen.    Once the hype has worn off and honeymoon over, you'll start to realize all these "uber" premium ships are nothing special after all.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,806 posts
1 hour ago, Xcalib3r said:

Adding the PR to my trash list, alongside Yoshino, Ohio, Colbert and a bunch of other trashy water mobile i don't care to own. 

Hell, even my Belfast, Kutuzov, Missouri, Musashi, along with many other premium ships have been sitting in the port collecting dust for months or haven't touched them since last xmas, even the OP Stalingrad is slowly becoming a shelf queen.    Once the hype has worn off and honeymoon over, you'll start to realize all these "uber" premium ships are nothing special after all.

Sounds like you are just burned out on the game in general.  After almost 20K games, it is certainly understandable.

Those not burned out on it, still look forward to new ships.

[UEFN]
Members
1,339 posts
23,271 battles

31 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Sounds like you are just burned out on the game in general.  After almost 20K games, it is certainly understandable.

Those not burned out on it, still look forward to new ships.

Actually, the majority of the ships i have fun playing are all tech tree ships, in T10 the bread and butter DD are gearing, grozovoi, daring, and kleber, while cruisers i have moskva for long range radar, des moines as support and DPM ship, Henri and Zao as flanker and kiting ships, Worcester and Mino as DD hunter and HE/AP spammer, in BB i have Kremlin and GK as brawler, Yamato and Republique as long range snipers.  They already taking up the essential roles in everything i need them for, and I got virtually every role covers in competitive gameplay, be it in Clan Battles, Ranked or in Randoms.  To earn credits i could mount a bunch of camos and signals, and have just as much fun.   Heck, i burned half a billion of credits on buying signals in the last 12 months and still have over 300mil credits sitting doing nothing and those are all earned from playing tech tree ships.  After you've owned virtually ALL the ships and playing thousands of battles, you'd begin to see what i saw....almost all of the premium ships out there are just gimmicky, or downright complete trash.... like the Azuma.

• Cool 1