You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Illustratum_AEternam

After calculation, you just need 3 boosters to get Puerto Rico

58 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
507 posts
10,354 battles

only after you paid 24000 for the 3 premium boosters

you also to grind 3 sweat boosters before Xmas day

we have 3 levels in 27days to build 53million

6000 doub:

4.5 million+ 149,760 per day(4 million total)= 8 million

6 million+ 198,720 per day(5.3 million total)= 11.3 million

7.5 mil + 249,120 per day (6.7 million total) = 14.2 million

total 33.5 million

First sweat booster:

0.75 mil + 149,760 per day(4 million total)=4.75

1.2 mil + 149,760 per day(3.3 million total)=5.5

1.6mil+ 249,120 per day (4.5 million total) = 6.1

still at last, 3 million short, that is about 3000 in doub out of pocket deductive

this lead to the conclusion, if you complete everything as a good boy(with the help of daily missions and log in bonus)

you still need to wait to the last day to have the ship if you have 3 premium + 3 sweat

good luck, see you on the other side of the aisle 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
16 posts
683 battles

Yes, I've seen the same with my own math. It is indeed fully possible to grind Puerto Rico with just 3 boosters after paying 24000 doubloons.

It's just that this means you're effectively paying $96 for a reasonable grind.

Who knows, maybe next year it'll be an even hundred.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,248 posts
21,594 battles

Grind + $96, uh, nope

I'll enjoy the trinkets on the way....

tenor.gif

• Cool 2

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
236 posts
8,545 battles

And yet the people with more cash than brains will go "But muh sweet deal, you should just get a job". 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,541 posts
16,276 battles

Some people spent 59k dubs today and have the ship right now.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,248 posts
21,594 battles
44 minutes ago, paradat said:

Some people spent 59k dubs today and have the ship right now

Already seen two of them.  Oh well,  they keep the game cheap for the rest of us.

• Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,778 posts
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Some people have more money than brains.

I'll leave whether I'm saying that's the same "some people" or not to the imaginations of those reading this post.

Members
2,439 posts
5,392 battles
1 hour ago, paradat said:

Yep that is crazy. So you have a nice shiny new ship that nobody else has. Congrats, you just spent 200+ bucks wave your e-pen around.

[5D4]
Members
60 posts
4,263 battles
3 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

Think about how long it takes to get a Steel ship before complaining? 

There is no time limit on a steel ship?

• Cool 4

[--K--]
Members
1,349 posts
10,467 battles
2 hours ago, Rhamses05 said:

There is no time limit on a steel ship?

As long as it’s available.  I don’t think the grind is good, but it’s “free” if you have no life and want to play all day every day.

[TORCH]
Members
599 posts
15,274 battles

The more interesting calculation, to me, would be...is it possible to build the Puerto Rico in the time available WITHOUT buying the doubloon construction boosters?  Or by spending dubs on only one of them?  Or two?  I suspect not, but really don't know.

[L-S-D]
Members
115 posts
40,261 battles

Only if you can some how do the directives in under 24 hours ever time. For 7 directives in a row.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
3 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

The more interesting calculation, to me, would be...is it possible to build the Puerto Rico in the time available WITHOUT buying the doubloon construction boosters?  Or by spending dubs on only one of them?  Or two?  I suspect not, but really don't know.

6k Doubloons is $24.

Ok, did an initial calc and the PR is doable with just the Token boosts. I will do others to find out the latest you have to get a Token boost to still complete the PR. Then I'll add in dub boosts as well. These extra calcs will not happen tonight.

This is for getting all 8 Token boosts. This calc is based on taking 24 hours to grind the Directives from the moment they drop and buy the Token boosts at 5am the next day (the end of the 24 hours).

So before Mon, Dec 16th you get Dir I done and activate the Free and 1st Token boost.

So Dec 16th you are grinding Dir II, construct at 235 CP/min and get 1,250,000 instant CP. So at 5am the next day you will have 1,588,400 CP and buy the 2nd Token boost

So Dec 17th to Dec 21st (you are grinding Dir III on the 20th), construct at 339 CP/min and get 1.2M Instant CP, which is 3.1M CP. At 5am Dec 21st you have 4,741,040 CP and buy the 3rd Token Boost.

So Dec 21st you need to complete both Daily Chains to buy the 4th Token boost. You construct at 512 CP/min and get 1.6M Instant CP, which is 2.3M CP. At 5am Dec 22nd you have 7,078,320 CP and buy the 4th Token Boost.

So Dec 22nd to Dec 25th (you are grinding Dir IV on the 24th), construct at 685 CP/min and get 1.6M Instant CP, which is 4.5M CP. At 5am Dec 25th you have 11,637,520 CP and buy the 5th Token Boost.

So Dec 25th to Dec 29th (you are grinding Dir V on the 28th), construct at 893 CP/min and get 2.5M Instant CP, which is 7.6M CP. At 5am Dec 29th you have 19,281,200 CP and buy the 6th Token Boost. 

So Dec 29th to Jan 2nd (you are grinding Dir VI on the 1st), construct at 1,110 CP/min and get 2.5M Instant CP, which is 8.8M CP. At 5am Jan 2nd you have 28,122,960 CP and buy the 7th Token Boost.

So Jan 2nd to Jan 7th (you are grinding Dir VII on the 6th), construct at 1,309 CP/min and get 2.5M Instant CP, which is 11.9M CP. At 5am Jan 7th you have 40,047,760 CP and buy the 8th Token Boost.

So Jan 7th to Jan 13th you construct at 1,517 CP/min and get 2.5M Instant CP, which is 15.6M CP. At 5am Jan 13th you will have over 55.6M CP, but only need 51.3M CP and finished the PR early morning Sat Jan 11th (roughly 5am-ish)

So there is some room for slippage. Note, if you want to add in a doubloon boost, you will need to buy it before Jan 6th to have it do CP/min. After Jan 6th, Dub boosts only give Instant CP.

If you buy the first doubloon boost ($24) before the CP construction starts Mon, Dec 16th and grind through Dir V to get the 6th Token boost, you will also finish Sat, Jan 11th-ish, so you do not have to do Directives VI & VII. 

Maybe tomorrow for more calcs.

• Cool 1

[DOD]
Beta Testers
93 posts
4,223 battles

Followup to Kizarvexis' post -- there's been enough math being tossed around that I wanted to do my own calcs and double check everything.  I won't bother showing my work here, though if anybody wants the spreadsheet let me know.   (In particular, I haven't double checked my work -- I could be off +/- 1 day, but there was never a scenario where you finished on the very last day, so, a one-off error isn't that relevant.)

But here are the basic conclusions:

1)  Yes, PR can be technically gotten for free, but, you're going to be boosting like crazy through signal flags and camo to complete directives, and you need to get all the daily shipments and tokens as well.  You need all the boosters and all the directives finished to get the shipyard boosters, and you have to get them pretty much within 48 hours, or you're not going to make it.  (You cross the finish line sometime on January 10th or 11th in this scenario.)   You might take an extra day with the last directive, but that's pretty much all the leeway you have.   Given the distribution of tasks as well, I think the only way you do this is if you're a really good player with a very wide array of ships at command.  This is rough, too rough.  (For example, the 7th Directive -- I consider myself an average to competent player, with a wide array of resources at hand -- I think I'd have to play Wows for 30 or 40 hours to get to 1.1 million XP.   Given how tight the tolerances seem to be on this setup, that's too long.)

The real killer directive might actually be Directive 4 -- that's all base XP,  so you can't boost.   Given that most people have trouble breaking even 1000 base on a regular basis, there's at least 100 battles right there to do in 48 hours.  Ouch.

2)  Gold makes things a LOT easier.  If you get one gold booster you can skip 2 directives and get away with 6 credit boosters, two gold boosters means you can skip 4 directives and get away with 5 credit boosters, and three gold boosters means you only need to complete the first two directives and 3 credit boosters.  All of this assumes you play as above i.e. all daily shipments, completely daily chains, and basically have all your boosters in play by Day 6 - and you pretty much are once again finished by January 10th or 11th.  If you keep playing and get more credit boosters, that buys you a lot more leeway, especially if you finish early to give your Points Per Minute bonus more time to work.

My personal view point - I always expected to have to pay some gold for PR, if I wanted to get it.  (Still not 100% sure - I really like Alaska, but I also don't know if I need a Tier X Premium.)  Anybody who expected WG to give away a Tier X ship (with all the extra goodies) for little effort is pretty naive, especially if you've been around the game for any period of time.  Tier IX ships come in around $100 CDN when you pay for them with real cash. 

In the end though, it's like any other marathon - if you don't like it, stay away.   If enough people stay away, maybe they'll do something different for next year.  (I'd personally like to see the Dockyard with a lower tier ship, but with lower grind targets - something the average player would have a chance to get if they played decently well over 80 to 100 hours.)

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
9 minutes ago, DukeTestudo said:

Followup to Kizarvexis' post -- there's been enough math being tossed around that I wanted to do my own calcs and double check everything.  I won't bother showing my work here, though if anybody wants the spreadsheet let me know.   (In particular, I haven't double checked my work -- I could be off +/- 1 day, but there was never a scenario where you finished on the very last day, so, a one-off error isn't that relevant.)

But here are the basic conclusions:

1)  Yes, PR can be technically gotten for free, but, you're going to be boosting like crazy through signal flags and camo to complete directives, and you need to get all the daily shipments and tokens as well.  You need all the boosters and all the directives finished to get the shipyard boosters, and you have to get them pretty much within 48 hours, or you're not going to make it.  (You cross the finish line sometime on January 10th or 11th in this scenario.)   You might take an extra day with the last directive, but that's pretty much all the leeway you have.   Given the distribution of tasks as well, I think the only way you do this is if you're a really good player with a very wide array of ships at command.  This is rough, too rough.  (For example, the 7th Directive -- I consider myself an average to competent player, with a wide array of resources at hand -- I think I'd have to play Wows for 30 or 40 hours to get to 1.1 million XP.   Given how tight the tolerances seem to be on this setup, that's too long.)

The real killer directive might actually be Directive 4 -- that's all base XP,  so you can't boost.   Given that most people have trouble breaking even 1000 base on a regular basis, there's at least 100 battles right there to do in 48 hours.  Ouch.

2)  Gold makes things a LOT easier.  If you get one gold booster you can skip 2 directives and get away with 6 credit boosters, two gold boosters means you can skip 4 directives and get away with 5 credit boosters, and three gold boosters means you only need to complete the first two directives and 3 credit boosters.  All of this assumes you play as above i.e. all daily shipments, completely daily chains, and basically have all your boosters in play by Day 6 - and you pretty much are once again finished by January 10th or 11th.  If you keep playing and get more credit boosters, that buys you a lot more leeway, especially if you finish early to give your Points Per Minute bonus more time to work.

My personal view point - I always expected to have to pay some gold for PR, if I wanted to get it.  (Still not 100% sure - I really like Alaska, but I also don't know if I need a Tier X Premium.)  Anybody who expected WG to give away a Tier X ship (with all the extra goodies) for little effort is pretty naive, especially if you've been around the game for any period of time.  Tier IX ships come in around $100 CDN when you pay for them with real cash. 

In the end though, it's like any other marathon - if you don't like it, stay away.   If enough people stay away, maybe they'll do something different for next year.  (I'd personally like to see the Dockyard with a lower tier ship, but with lower grind targets - something the average player would have a chance to get if they played decently well over 80 to 100 hours.)

Nah, even if people are sure they can't get PR, still do what you can as there are nice rewards there including one each of the Santa crates sizes and that in the first three stages. I have not had time to math out the first three stages, but it should be doable for most people.

• Cool 2

[DOD]
Beta Testers
93 posts
4,223 battles
10 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Nah, even if people are sure they can't get PR, still do what you can as there are nice rewards there including one each of the Santa crates sizes and that in the first three stages. I have not had time to math out the first three stages, but it should be doable for most people.

Oh I agree with you - but given how people are so caught up in the final prize, and how angry they are about it, walking away might just be better for some....

[A-O]
Members
1,015 posts
10,261 battles
1 hour ago, throwawayforumalt said:

...they probably have a couple dozen employees.

Wargaming, according to Wikipedia, has 20 offices all over the world with some 4,000 employees.

That makes for quite some overhead and a hefty pay role.

[PVE]
Members
19,850 posts
12,029 battles
27 minutes ago, DukeTestudo said:

Oh I agree with you - but given how people are so caught up in the final prize, and how angry they are about it, walking away might just be better for some....

That's their loss.

Members
566 posts
255 battles

too obvious? i'll tone it down.

i'm curious what the forums will look like on january 13th 2020 when people have spent 32 days straight grinding directives without stopping to sleep, and don't quite finish PR because some of the directives take 2 or 3 or 4 days to grind. ya spose?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,025 posts
22,709 battles
3 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

too obvious? i'll tone it down.

i'm curious what the forums will look like on january 13th 2020 when people have spent 32 days straight grinding directives without stopping to sleep, and don't quite finish PR because some of the directives take 2 or 3 or 4 days to grind. ya spose?

Bloodbath? Pitchforks and torches? Shenanigans?