You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

When is the smolensk nerf patch coming out?

63 comments in this topic

[PIMPS]
Members
1,521 posts

Just wondering.

Edited by Chain_shot
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 9

[HINON]
Members
13,372 posts

There are some proposed changes in testing but when or if those changes actually come to the live server is up in the air as always.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,511 posts
6,670 battles

What nerf do you speak of?.... 

I was waiting on the Smolensk Buff patch?     

[KSC]
Members
657 posts
9,888 battles
15 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Just wondering.

Smolensk may soon be classed as an Ultra-Light Cruiser, causing her to have 16 mm armor.

Also, there's an IFHE change in the works with will nerf her penetration, or nerf her fire chance is she takes it.

[-FINS]
Members
4 posts
4,793 battles
4 minutes ago, Arlensauce93 said:

Honestly less armor is more overpen

That explanation with the armor make sense, if they want to nerf all the amours according to guns  up to them, Colbert should get one too ( no one talk about that m but it is nastier built than Smolensk, the only minus is the slow shell . Slower than Smolensk)

Other than that I dont se what the problem, each ship gets pros and cons, same is true a bout Mino or Worchester ( by the way this one gets a buff of plus armor because of guns, still suffer because of shell velocity)

Other than that calling for guns buff , makes me laugh. 

On thing and I hope WoWS reads those treads, if they will AGAIN laugh at us  with a buff that turns this ship useless(Kremlin is another ship that was trashed because of general looser cry) we should all stop grinding resources I will for sure, then maybe WoWS will not deal with the game like in Stalin's time.

[SALVO]
Members
25,016 posts
26,350 battles
30 minutes ago, Arlensauce93 said:

Honestly less armor is more overpen

Or an opportunity to get cits with HE!!!  

Members
284 posts
4,672 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

True . It's always fun slinging HE in the thunderer and then 2 citadels pop up.

Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

#5 - WR

#4 - Frags

#4 - Average damage

#4 - Experience

#5 - K/D.

The ones above it on the list are almost all the same ships, in different orders (Venezia, Colbert, Stalingrad, Henri).  2 of those are behind grind walls for sure so expected to be better.  The other 2 are tech tree ships.

Just be honest - she isn't so much overpowered as she is annoying, and that's why you want it nerfed.

• Cool 2

[ANK-A]
Members
1,156 posts
10,241 battles

they they are not even nerfing the part of Smolensk that makes everybody upset.

No, they are nerfing its ability to kite effectively or in other words act like a more normal ship.

So now Smolensk drivers will be more married to their he and smoke than . By the way with the free Captain right now, I have been experimenting with not using ifhe.  been setting a crap load of fires that's for sure.

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
17,558 battles
Just now, Old_Baldy_One said:

#5 - WR

#4 - Frags

#4 - Average damage

#4 - Experience

#5 - K/D.

The ones above it on the list are almost all the same ships, in different orders (Venezia, Colbert, Stalingrad, Henri).  2 of those are behind grind walls for sure so expected to be better.  The other 2 are tech tree ships.

Just be honest - she isn't so much overpowered as she is annoying, and that's why you want it nerfed.

Thanks, I was about to post the same info, just direct from wows-numbers.  The problem is how effective the ship can be with a smart Captain - if you find a US DD with smoke to trail towards the other team it'san easy 20-40k extra damage by piggybacking off of his smoke and spotting.  Dumb players don't know how to play the ship solo and thankfully are suppressing the overall numbers on the Smolensk.  You can't nerf ships simply because good players use it better than bad ones - otherwise, you would have to nerf every ship.

[ANK-A]
Members
1,156 posts
10,241 battles
3 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

#5 - WR

#4 - Frags

#4 - Average damage

#4 - Experience

#5 - K/D.

Quite true. If they do this change I suspect we will see  significantly fewer in Clan battles

[POP]
Members
2,853 posts
23,016 battles
1 hour ago, Chain_shot said:

Just wondering.

Smolenski NERF !!!!!!  sorry COMRADE its Russian never going to happen.

Image result for spiderman laugh gif

[PIMPS]
Members
1,521 posts
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Smolenski NERF !!!!!!  sorry COMRADE its Russian never going to happen.

Image result for spiderman laugh gif

Then why was Kharb molested comrade? I worry that Smolesk is gonna face the same jar of Vaseline when they do it.

[POP]
Members
2,853 posts
23,016 battles
2 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Then why was Kharb molested comrade? I worry that Smolesk is gonna face the same jar of Vaseline when they do it.

Oversight by 2 members of Soviet Politburo, sent to Siberia never seen or heard of again. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[PIMPS]
Members
1,521 posts
17 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Oversight by 2 members of Soviet Politburo, sent to Siberia never seen or heard of again. :Smile_honoring:

if it can happen once can happen again. So much hate for boat I am thinking it's gonna get molested like Kharb or Shimmy. Unless they save it and throw it into christmas crates after This year and it becomes one of the rares.

[POP]
Members
2,853 posts
23,016 battles
2 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

if it can happen once can happen again. So much hate for boat I am thinking it's gonna get molested like Kharb or Shimmy. Unless they save it and throw it into christmas crates after This year and it becomes one of the rares.

I don't have a problem with anyone buying it I can myself I choose not to on principle which I wont go into detail and you would not be interested in me going on about it anyway I would say.

I have expressed my views about these kinds of ships in the past  ( not that my view means much to WG or anyone else for that matter )but again if don't have it go for it.

cheers  

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
15,772 posts
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Doesn't that already happen?

IMO, instead of freaking out, people should just bully Smokensk with HE.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,734 battles
3 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Just wondering.

Why would the ship that is arguably the most fragile ship in WoWs need any nerf?  They are already easily deleted very regularly. 

• Boring 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,734 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

HE already cits them.

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,734 battles
Just now, LCPL4ever said:

Yep I love smoke shooting them with BB HE

Smolensk is actually a garbage ship if you do not have an island to hump and a reliable spotter. They just melt with ease when spotted. Every cruiser in the game can destroy them one on one and if you are in open water with a BB spotting you, you are not gonna live longer than 2 salvos.

• Boring 1