You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

So As I Understood It There's a Way to Get Gorizia Free?

24 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,551 posts
16,311 battles

Yes just finish the first 3 Directives.

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,143 posts
16,226 battles

KK  TYVM   giphy.gifWish I could give you a real thumbs up:Smile_sad:

Edited by shadowsrmine

Members
31 posts
3,356 battles
11 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yes just finish the first 3 Directives.

Really noobish question (sorry in advance):

How do I find the directives, accept them, and complete them? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,551 posts
16,311 battles
Just now, ElmoZumwalt said:

Really noobish question (sorry in advance):

How do I find the directives, accept them, and complete them? 

When you are in game. They are in the upper left corner. Just start playing and you will start seeing progress.

I do recommend you look at them and sort of plan out which ones you want to do. You do not need to complete all of the tasks to finish the Directive. I think for most of them it is finish 5 or 6 out 13 to finish. 

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
408 posts
11,347 battles
23 minutes ago, paradat said:

When you are in game. They are in the upper left corner. Just start playing and you will start seeing progress.

I do recommend you look at them and sort of plan out which ones you want to do. You do not need to complete all of the tasks to finish the Directive. I think for most of them it is finish 5 or 6 out 13 to finish. 

Ok I may be just missing it. Where exactly are the Directives? (Ship yard?) I did click start, but I do not see a path to the Cruiser.

Am I looking in the wrong spot? (May be a dumb moment on my part) I just don't see where they are.

In my combat missions I have Gorizia required missions already but don't have the cruiser.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,801 posts
3 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

Ok I may be just missing it. Where exactly are the Directives? (Ship yard?) I did click start, but I do not see a path to the Cruiser.

Am I looking in the wrong spot? (May be a dumb moment on my part) I just don't see where they are.

In my combat missions I have Gorizia required missions already but don't have the cruiser.

Click on the graphic right above the dock yard.   It's the same for every event.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
408 posts
11,347 battles
6 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Click on the graphic right above the dock yard.   It's the same for every event.

Thank you. (Newbie player), I didn't know that was an option. Now I see it.. Thanks again.

• Cool 2

[DVYJC]
Members
3,211 posts
7,120 battles
1 hour ago, Gemlin said:

Thank you. (Newbie player), I didn't know that was an option. Now I see it.. Thanks again.

No one can blame you, it took me four months in game to realize that was an important clickable button and not just a graphic item that changed every now and again. Half the learning curve in this game is the UI - it's not even labeled with text, how could anyone be expected to know that?

• Cool 6

[A-O]
Members
1,015 posts
10,263 battles
6 hours ago, Gemlin said:

higher up, with the blue 20/20 graphic !

Members
3,097 posts
12,271 battles

Is Gorizia even worth it?  Compared to ships like Belfast, Flint (got enough steel, but still deciding if I need it), Atlanta, Lazo?  I have Venezia with 19 point captain - that special Italian one we got for collection, but I don’t feel the need for another T7 premium, unless it’s really good...

Edited by Ramsalot

[ARGSY]
Members
20,619 posts
14,702 battles
5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Is Gorizia even worth it?  Compared to ships like Belfast, Flint (got enough steel, but still deciding if I need it), Atlanta, Lazo?  I have Venezia with 19 point captain - that special Italian one we got for collection, but I don’t feel the need for another T7 premium, unless it’s really good...

She unlocks missions that give out four T6 ships (or credits for duplicates) and two T8 permacamos that can go on anything except carriers and anime ships.

The T6 ships are Furious, Izmail, Trento and Guepard. This year, unlike 2018 and 2017, the T6's do not appear to come with festive permacamos. But they do come with port slots and with all their hulls, Fire control, etc. upgraded.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,211 posts
7,120 battles
7 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

I consider it worthwhile. For a Tier VII that is usable (not great, but usable) in Narai grinding, plus a bonus four fully upgraded Tier VI ships. I don't own Hermes, so Furious would let me bypass the grind, which is nice. No one in my clan does RN CVs, so that will be helpful for both directives and clan naval battles. I own all three of the others, but I'm unlocking several high-tier tech tree ships and/or getting multiple premiums that need outfitting, so the credits for the duplicates are welcome.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,519 posts
7 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Gorizia is actually a pretty fun ship.   Except, of course, if your cruiser playstyle revolves around spamming as many torpedoes as possible, lol.

And those missions drop shipbuilding crates;  2 perma-camos;  and either 4 free, upgraded tier 6 ships- or a barge full of credits if you have them already.    Some of the missions are fairly grindy,  so starting early as possible is recommended- and the first one requires Gorizia to do it.  

As per usual,  the "free" ship gives you access to easier, less grindy missions in the directive, too.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,184 posts
10,948 battles
15 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

No one can blame you, it took me four months in game to realize that was an important clickable button and not just a graphic item that changed every now and again. Half the learning curve in this game is the UI - it's not even labeled with text, how could anyone be expected to know that?

lol. Same thing here and I've been playing since closed beta. I had no idea you could click on that graphic for moths either until a friend told me. The UI definitely is not user-friendly. I don't jump on anyone who has trouble with it. They've improved it but it is still a far cry from intuitive. I think it was over a year before I realized how to access the game news from inside the game too. I always logged out and back in to see it.

[DFEND]
[DFEND]
Beta Testers
73 posts
8,679 battles

Yeah, these directives are absolutely a **** **** of Wargaming's making.

You want a free ship? Nope, that would take a HELL of a lot. Even though it had 4 directives and not 3, the PEF was easier to get by leagues than the Gorizia.

And don't think you'll be able to earn the Puerto Rico for free either. Flamu was a bit blown away by how bad the Directives are and how near impossible the whole thing is.

It's all about those phat ducats, so I hope you have plenty, otherwise you're not getting anything this year but coal.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
11,551 posts
16,311 battles
1 hour ago, Ship_4_Brainz said:

"Just" LOL

Well if you are not going for PR you have a month to do them. Not difficult at all. Remember you only need to complete 6 out of 13 tasks to complete a directive. 

• Cool 1

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles
On 12/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:
On 12/11/2019 at 2:05 PM, Gemlin said:

haha same here!   When I started, I thought it was a banner or something

[CR4ZY]
Members
9 posts
7,032 battles

I am a noob. I started playing 36 days ago, and just bought the Mogami. I completed 6 of the directives and don't see the Gorizia. I suspect we have to buy it. There is no way I will get the Puerto Rico because I haven't got the right ships. I mostly play cruisers and don't play DDs or CV's. It's all good, but I thought the Gorizia was part of the deal. Am I wrong?

[CR4ZY]
Members
9 posts
7,032 battles

After further checking, I find that I finished six missions in the first directive. Merry Christmas, Now even the Gorizia looks like a fantasy. Hopefully, next year they will do something sensible. With my average score, the sun will go nova before I could get the PR. Great game, by the way. 

[NH]
Members
1,783 posts
On 12/11/2019 at 3:20 PM, KnifeInUrNeck said:

Could always look at the patch notes ya know?

Cares enough to people to read the patch notes. Does not care enough to provide an answer. Why post at all?

Here is how you should have replied " Just complete the 3 directives for the event and you will get it for free. This detail is in the patch notes, FYI."